Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Just went back and read a bunch of the Lundkvist draft thread. I honestly don't know if poster PB could have a worse record when it comes to evaluating defensemen. I mean... I think he is literally always wrong.

I was really disappointed to read an Islanders fan agree with him that Miller has poor hockey IQ. Not just because I want Miller to succeed but because PB would use that as proof about his immense talent evaluation skills until the end of eternity if it came to pass.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Just went back and read a bunch of the Lundkvist draft thread. I honestly don't know if poster PB could have a worse record when it comes to evaluating defensemen. I mean... I think he is literally always wrong.

You'd think he'd be smarter. Form an opinion and say the exact opposite.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I can safely bet ADA isn't going to be moved by the deadline, lol.

I may not have liked the move that Kravtsov did, but to call him soft this early is ludicrous.

Maybe we need more tough players like Glass, McLeod, Asham etc because that clearly worked out in the past haha

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I just did the same and noticed I pointed out twice how he was wrong about Lundkvist being scratched :laugh:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I can safely bet ADA isn't going to be moved by the deadline, lol.

I may not have liked the move that Kravtsov did, but to call him soft this early is ludicrous.

VK is definitely mentally soft as it stands right now. Doesn't mean he will be forever though. Physically, he was never a hard nosed tough guy mucking it up in front of the net and obviously he needs to beef up as nearly all teenagers do but that is not concerning at all. The mental aspect, however, is. You can excuse away the mental softness saying he's only 19 yr old, but it is what it is. Unless he was hazed, asking teamates not to tease you as you struggle and pout is weak. There are no 'safe places' in professional sports lockerrooms, for better or worse.

No one is saying to draft only tough guys with no skill jfc. But you need mental fortitude to play on the big stage where everything you do is micro analyzed, and so far VK has not shown he can handle it.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
VK is definitely mentally soft as it stands right now. Doesn't mean he will be forever though. Physically, he was never a hard nosed tough guy mucking it up in front of the net and obviously he needs to beef up as nearly all teenagers do but that is not concerning at all. The mental aspect, however, is. You can excuse away the mental softness saying he's only 19 yr old, but it is what it is. Unless he was hazed, asking teamates not to tease you as you struggle and pout is weak. There are no 'safe places' in professional sports lockerrooms, for better or worse.

No one is saying to draft only tough guys with no skill jfc. But you need mental fortitude to play on the big stage where everything you do is micro analyzed, and so far VK has not shown he can handle it.
You can definitely be disappointed in his decision to go back, and to question whether it was the correct move, but you simply cannot state this as fact.

Hell, even if you were part of management and privy to everything that went down, you could only express your opinion as to this point. But as a poster on a message board...?

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Honestly, I don't know if Buch isn't the perfect role model for this kid.

Buch came over to immediate jeers of being lazy and weak, and he stuck it out despite getting shitty ice time and not seeing eye-to-eye with the coach. And he grew as a player and a person.

Now he is an important part of the team, and a damn hard worker on the ice.

Obviously, the hope is that Kravtsov becomes an undebatable 1st liner, but there is a lot to learn for him by taking a look at Buch's trajectory when he entered the league.

Edit - never realized this was the Lundkvist thread. We've probably gone a bit off topic here.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
You can definitely be disappointed in his decision to go back, and to question whether it was the correct move, but you simply cannot state this as fact.

Hell, even if you were part of management and privy to everything that went down, you could only express your opinion as to this point. But as a poster on a message board...?
Do i need a Psychiatry degree and a 45 minute consultation to say a guy is soft when he's whining about being made fun of and having a bad haircut as he runs back home after facing his first adversity? I mean technically, I guess if we wanted to medicate for softness (insert terrible joke HERE). But I'm sticking with my assessment and you're welcome to disagree of course :)

He can definitely mature and grow out of it, but some heavy introspection is required prior.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Honestly, I don't know if Buch isn't the perfect role model for this kid.

Buch came over to immediate jeers of being lazy and weak, and he stuck it out despite getting ****ty ice time and not seeing eye-to-eye with the coach. And he grew as a player and a person.

Now he is an important part of the team, and a damn hard worker on the ice.

Obviously, the hope is that Kravtsov becomes an undebatable 1st liner, but there is a lot to learn for him by taking a look at Buch's trajectory when he entered the league.

Edit - never realized this was the Lundkvist thread. We've probably gone a bit off topic here.
Agreed on all accounts, especially us going wayyyyy OT here

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Also, I'm not exactly too fond of Pronman's scouting so let me ask those who have seen him with regularity....

Has his skating really taken that leap forward this year? It was never bad, but its one of those things that I felt like could hold him back.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Also, I'm not exactly too fond of Pronman's scouting so let me ask those who have seen him with regularity....

Has his skating really taken that leap forward this year? It was never bad, but its one of those things that I felt like could hold him back.

His skating has improved but what is more impressive is the way he reads the game. His gap control has improved and he just seems to be doing the right thing most of the time. When he does lose the puck, he's usually the first one back to recover.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
With regards to U20 seasons by Dmen in the SHL, only one player had a better Pts/Game than Nils' current pace.

And he played 7 games

EDIT: At least, with regards to EliteProspects list of the Top 100 scoring seasons by U20 Dmen in the SHL

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
With regards to U20 seasons by Dmen in the SHL, only one player had a better Pts/Game than Nils' current pace.

And he played 7 games

EDIT: At least, with regards to EliteProspects list of the Top 100 scoring seasons by U20 Dmen in the SHL

I usually filter on min 10 GP

upload_2019-12-8_0-38-37.png

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
His skating has improved but what is more impressive is the way he reads the game. His gap control has improved and he just seems to be doing the right thing most of the time. When he does lose the puck, he's usually the first one back to recover.

You almost get the idea that we're looking at another Adam Fox.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010

Might not look like much, but that’s an incredibly impressive play. Handles a shitty hand off calmly while evaluating where everyone else is on the ice and opens up his body around the puck and makes an accurate pass without having perfect control of the puck. Those are they types of plays that translate to every level. Being able to process multiple things at a time like that is what makes players great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad