Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
C'mon now guys.

AK has never been formally charged with stalking.

Warnings don't count. They go in the shadow box with the autographed jersey and a photo. It's a very cool display.

Signed pucks are nice, but a signed restraining order? Now that's something not every fan gets.

On a serious note: Jealousy is the sincerest form of flattery

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Signed pucks are nice, but a signed restraining order? Now that's something not every fan gets.

On a serious note: Jealousy is the sincerest form of flattery

Don't look at me, I'm the condescending, milquetoast asshole who only relies on sources that end up being backed up in published reports days, weeks and months later.

At least you get autographs out of your deal. :(

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Fox is going nowhere. That's a non issue.
if only we didn't give Trouba a NMC. This is exactly why I hated seeing he got one. 3 years from now would probably time really well with moving Trouba out to bring Lundkvist in. I figure he gets another 2 years in SHL and 1 year season in AHL. But that's being very conservative. Love Fox and ADA but i think ADA will price himself off the team between the two of them. Damn Trouba contract!

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
if only we didn't give Trouba a NMC. This is exactly why I hated seeing he got one. 3 years from now would probably time really well with moving Trouba out to bring Lundkvist in. I figure he gets another 2 years in SHL and 1 year season in AHL. But that's being very conservative. Love Fox and ADA but i think ADA will price himself off the team between the two of them. Damn Trouba contract!

Keep in mind, the Rangers COULD (very unlikely) trade Trouba before his NMC kicks in next July if they truly trust Fox and TDA going forward.

tigerman67

May 30, 2010
Lulea
According to local news in Sweden, team management wants him over to AHL for 20-21.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Trouba brings size and physicality to the table. Those are assets that none of the others have. You can't have only smallish puckmovers in your defense core.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sorry, but Trouba is not going to get moved, NMC or no NMC. As pointed out, I doubt that Gorton envisions the future defense as being half smallish puck moving defensemen.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
It's nice to see the Rangers drafting players with super high, hockey IQ's again. DeAngelo is average at best defensively IQ wise. His offensive hockey IQ is really high. After years of watcing low IQ players like Kreider, Dubinsky, Hagelin, Nash, etc.... it's nice to see high level thinkers fill out this team. Panarin, Kakko, Fox, Zibanejad etc....
Good post. I don't agree with a lot of your takes but you're right on the money here except for the Nash part.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Sorry, but Trouba is not going to get moved, NMC or no NMC. As pointed out, I doubt that Gorton envisions the future defense as being half smallish puck moving defensemen.
thus you can appreciate my frustration. And oof that cap hit. I figure ADA prices himself off the team but I'm also similarly annoyed management could have had him at 2 years, $1.25M but went to the mattresses with him on this bridge deal and got a crappy 1 year out of it.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Just a heads up that it looks like NHL Network will broadcast Lulea’s upcoming CHL playoff game.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
thus you can appreciate my frustration. And oof that cap hit. I figure ADA prices himself off the team but I'm also similarly annoyed management could have had him at 2 years, $1.25M but went to the mattresses with him on this bridge deal and got a crappy 1 year out of it.

Eh, could go other way. Sure they’d have him cheap for another year, but maybe they lock him up long term this offseason. If he turns up next season and pops up 65 points then maybe you don’t get that opportunity. Ideally, you have locked him up for 5-6 seasons after last year but that’s a total hindsight decision that they wouldn’t have made at the time.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
thus you can appreciate my frustration. And oof that cap hit.
That is what it was going to take to sign him. Not sure what else there is to discuss. You want a defenseman of his age and caliber, that is the going rate.
I figure ADA prices himself off the team but I'm also similarly annoyed management could have had him at 2 years, $1.25M but went to the mattresses with him on this bridge deal and got a crappy 1 year out of it.
Once the Rangers signed Trouba and Panarin, that made any other long term deal impossible. Or basically any other signing. DeAngelo signed at $970k. I doubt that the problem of signing him to a multi year deal came down to $55,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->