Prospect Info: Nils Höglander

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
can someone who knows how to find that stuff post a hoglander d+2 production comparison thing to see what players in his production range generally produce in the NHL?
I’m not one who has that ability but I think the production isn’t what is getting people excited, it’s the quality of his goals, his fearlessness and his imaginative playmaking. His overall production isn’t gonna make you salivate ( although it is respectable ) it’s his dynamicasism ( which is a real word )

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
upload_2020-12-9_9-47-50.png

U21 NHL-Drafted SHL players.

pettersson was so absurd lmao

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Interesting article on the Canucks Army website about how dominant Hoglander is in the offensive zone. He continuously drives offensive zone possessions with fearless forechecking, timely takeaways and continuous cycling/edgework.

They hope that Green will try Hoglander on the Pettersson line with Miller, just to see how it would perform. Getting the distinct impression that with a decent training camp, Hoglander is being penciled into the Canucks top-six.

Would be terrific to have another super-rookie to follow, with possible Calder ambitions. And Podkolzin still in the queue. Keep 'em coming!

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Interesting article on the Canucks Army website about how dominant Hoglander is in the offensive zone. He continuously drives offensive zone possessions with fearless forechecking, timely takeaways and continuous cycling/edgework.

They hope that Green will try Hoglander on the Pettersson line with Miller, just to see how it would perform. Getting the distinct impression that with a decent training camp, Hoglander is being penciled into the Canucks top-six.

Would be terrific to have another super-rookie to follow, with possible Calder ambitions. And Podkolzin still in the queue. Keep 'em coming!

It would be great if Hoglander is in the Calder discussion this year. And Podkolzin next year. That would be 5 years in a row for the Canucks. Its not likely, but by no means impossible. Not a chance in the world that Hoglander can win when you look at the players from just Canada at the WJC this year, and thats without Lafraniere.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I hope that he has the chops to slot alongside EP and Miller. A puckhound to help out JTM is potentially a better fit than what BB brings. But I also think it's optimistic to think he'll be there for long stretches. Green will send him down the depth chart for every defensive gaffe he makes and it's far likelier that he ends up on the wing with Gaudette and/or Sutter. Most likely it'll be something like this:

JTM EP BB - primary offensive
TP BH LE - primary defensive duties
TM/AR AG NH - secondary offensive
TM/AR BS ZM/JB - secondary defensive/PK

And if they slot Podkolzin into the lineup:

JTM EP BB - primary offensive
TP BH VP - primary defensive
TM/AR AG NH - secondary offensive
TM/AR BS LE/JB - secondary defensive/PK

And that's assuming that they would be running 2 rookies in the starting lineup. Likely only one or the other will get a long enough rope to stay on. And if that's the case, I'd say Podkolzin has the inside track due to his 200 foot game and that he fills a greater need as a defensively-competent 2RW that can play up and down the lineup.

Edit: I forgot about Hawryluk. That makes it even tougher for Hoglander to crack the lineup.

Last edited:

Rumsfeld

Oct 3, 2020
He's certainly got a lot of the qualities that translate successfully into the NHL.

I'd really like to see him play some games this season, and I'd like to get Tryamkin back as well. He would instantly be our fifth-best defenseman and would add some much-needed size to our lineup.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Nils Hoglander is now 5-9-14 in his last 12 SHL games with a period to go. That is a PPG of 1.17

Where’d you find this stat? I think it’s wrong. He has 14 points on the season and I think 3-4 of them came in the first few games.

Edit just checked and this stat is off

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Lets not forget he tried his signature Lacrosse style move last game as well by taking away the puck from a defenceman, and doing it in mid stride while there are two defenceman on him. The goalie just happened to save it this time.

He also likes to juggle while riding a unicycle as a pre-game warmup, another swede that does that is Pettersson. So basically draft any swedish player that can juggle while riding a unicycle.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Getting ripped for his defensive play. Really hope Green gives him a long leash. Don’t have as much confidence in Green developing young player who aren’t bonafide stars like Boeser/Pettersson/Hughes

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow! I thought the Swedish announcer was going to suffer a heart attack calling that goal. Are you kidding me?

Sportsnet was replaying that Tkachuk between the legs shot in OT for the winning goal for months...but no comparison to this beauty by Hoglander. He weaves his way through the defense, and throws it up into the top corner of the net all in one motion. In some ways, even more impressive than his lacrosse goals, because instead of being in close he actually let the shot go from the slot.

This kid is going to be fun to watch. I just hope Green and the Canucks give him a serious shot at a top-six scoring role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->