Prospect Info: Nils Höglander

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
That byplay with Forbort near the end was classic stuff from Hoglander.....hard to remember a 20-year old rookie in Canuck history playing with that much jam and moxie.....Forbort was running around trying to take his head off.....Ya gotta' love this kid.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Felt like last game was the worst game I've seen him play. Was still very impactful and created a lot but many times he tried to do too much and gave up the puck. Kid has to make the simple play sometimes. That said he goes at 200% all the time so you cant fault him too much for mistakes. Wish we had like 10 more of him.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
EuzLWZdVcAEKh3R.jpg

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
the reverse hit on Ehlers was something else too
Yup. That hit knocked the stuffing out of Ehlers, who didn’t want to compete after. Bieksa, on 650 this morning, said having toughness in he lineup allows guys like Hogs to be nasty if they feel the need. He implied the Canucks need more guys like Big Mac.

Reactions: zcaptain

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Yup. That hit knocked the stuffing out of Ehlers, who didn’t want to compete after. Bieksa, on 650 this morning, said having toughness in he lineup allows guys like Hogs to be nasty if they feel the need. He implied the Canucks need more guys like Big Mac.
We are seriously lacking physicality on the back end, Edler is too old to be asked to play that role.

juolevi has added a new dimension to his game and its fun but he isnt that physical haha, Id call it politely physical.

the obvious one is Tryamkin who played that hard “dont cross the blue line on my side” game, but whether or not he comes back it doesnt matter, we just need someone to do it

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
We are seriously lacking physicality on the back end, Edler is too old to be asked to play that role.

juolevi has added a new dimension to his game and its fun but he isnt that physical haha, Id call it politely physical.

the obvious one is Tryamkin who played that hard “dont cross the blue line on my side” game, but whether or not he comes back it doesnt matter, we just need someone to do it
I wouldn't underestimate Podkolzin when he arrives....also plays a hard, heavy game. If the Canucks could just fill in this roster with some honest, meat and potatoes bottom line grinders, they'd be set. And one ugly team to have to play against.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You gotta' love those 'reverse hits' from Hoglander along the wall. Guys are ready to plaster him but find that it's like trying to hit a fire hydrant. You can really tell at times that he's close to 190.

Hard to believe that a guy who looks that small out there, can be such a force along the wall....and he's only going to continue to improve.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
If he can develop a lethal shot on top of his current game then I definitely see 60~ point potential and a mainstay on the top 2 lines for the next 10-15 years.

Pretty good for a 2nd rounder, I'd say.

Reactions: HockeyWooot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad