Prospect Info: Nils Höglander

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Canucks badly needed at least one of Hoglander/Pod to be a top 6 forward. Looking good so far and if Pod can have a similar impact it'd be a homerun for the Canucks.

If Benning hadn't screwed up the D, and the Goaltending, and the bottom 6, and the cap structure, and the coaching staff, this team would be going places.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Two more points last night that brings him up to NINE points on the season in only 20 games but has played so good and missed some great chances that HES created so i can actually see him INCREASE his points per game as the season continues to ROAR on and he deserves it too the way he has played I have to say I havent been this excited for a Canucks rookie since Hughes which was only last year i guess weve been spoiled with rookies but Hoggy is not obviously on that level but we keep getting suprised so lets not put a limit on what he can do at this point as this will not be the DEEPEST rookie crop this season anyways so I think its VERY realistic that he could end up getting nominated by the Calder and i think hes earned it and if Pettersson gets his legs going and the two of them get paired together and find some chemistry than our Hogger will definitely enter his name in the Calder race which would be FOUR seasons in a row that Canucks players have been Calder candidates thats Boeser Pettersson Hughes and hopefully this Hoggerson

Man I love this player :yo:
That's 207 words without a single period used. Impressive M2B.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Somewhat off topic but watching the Canucks draft players like Hoglander and Demko in the second round really has hammered home just how costly trading away a lot of draft picks during this rebuild has been. Imagine how good the young players and prospect pool would be if the team had more than the allotted picks each year rather than less. Damn! We finally get good at drafting but don’t seem to see any value in acquiring picks.

Yup.........I just said this a few days ago.............Benning did the exact opposite of what he should have done. Pissing away our picks for lottery tickets that never worked out..........We actually traded capital for Derrick Pouliot.........when we most likely could've had him for free. Thank you Mr. Benning........ugh

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Yup.........I just said this a few days ago.............Benning did the exact opposite of what he should have done. Pissing away our picks for lottery tickets that never worked out..........We actually traded capital for Derrick Pouliot.........when we most likely could've had him for free. Thank you Mr. Benning........ugh

Hoglander at 40! Thank-you Jimbo.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
The early results are looking good for Hog, he’s an exciting player to watch. The way he’s been playing and driving possession, looks like he would have put up more points but I reckon those will come with time.

How he’s able to retain or re take the puck out of contact is impressive, elite stuff.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Somewhat off topic but watching the Canucks draft players like Hoglander and Demko in the second round really has hammered home just how costly trading away a lot of draft picks during this rebuild has been. Imagine how good the young players and prospect pool would be if the team had more than the allotted picks each year rather than less. Damn! We finally get good at drafting but don’t seem to see any value in acquiring picks.

awaiting in the wings among our 2nd rounders Woo and Lind. Hope those guys can also make an impact for us. Clearly Kole Lind was not rated in the 1st round by the Canucks to be a 3rd liner.

when was the last time the Canucks had a 20 year old player in the line up not drafted in the 1st round? wow, we went big with Hoglander at 40.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
awaiting in the wings among our 2nd rounders Woo and Lind. Hope those guys can also make an impact for us. Clearly Kole Lind was not rated in the 1st round by the Canucks to be a 3rd liner.

when was the last time the Canucks had a 20 year old player in the line up not drafted in the 1st round? wow, we went big with Hoglander at 40.

So the following draft, we decided more is better.

So we drafted at 82. That's twice as better.

Thank-you Jimbo.*

*yes, that was a cut'n'paste, nothing slips by you guys/gals/non-human entities (you know which one you are)

Reactions: Luckylarry

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
I didn't see this when it came out, but its promising. Who would have had Hogs ranking 2nd on a calder projection, 5 spots ahead of Lafreniere, 1/3 of the way through the season.

Ranking the 10 Best Candidates for the 2021 Calder Trophy

I wonder how much his forecheck work will be taken into consideration for Calder voting, because that has a big impact on the game, and having not seen much of the other rookies, I presume Hoglander is by far the best forechecker out of the rookies.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Two more points last night that brings him up to NINE points on the season in only 20 games but has played so good and missed some great chances that HES created so i can actually see him INCREASE his points per game as the season continues to ROAR on and he deserves it too the way he has played I have to say I havent been this excited for a Canucks rookie since Hughes which was only last year i guess weve been spoiled with rookies but Hoggy is not obviously on that level but we keep getting suprised so lets not put a limit on what he can do at this point as this will not be the DEEPEST rookie crop this season anyways so I think its VERY realistic that he could end up getting nominated by the Calder and i think hes earned it and if Pettersson gets his legs going and the two of them get paired together and find some chemistry than our Hogger will definitely enter his name in the Calder race which would be FOUR seasons in a row that Canucks players have been Calder candidates thats Boeser Pettersson Hughes and hopefully this Hoggerson

Man I love this player :yo:
That's 207 words without a single period used. Impressive M2B.
SecondhandClosedDungbeetle.webp

Reactions: Nucker101

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Free newspaper article headline that I just thought of, for any writer that wants it, pertaining to how fast Hogs skates, and how much energy he has:

"WHEELS ON NILS"

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
This guy will be money with Podz

Also I really like the Fiala comparison, many similarities to how they play

Reactions: Nucker101

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I didn't see this when it came out, but its promising. Who would have had Hogs ranking 2nd on a calder projection, 5 spots ahead of Lafreniere, 1/3 of the way through the season.

Ranking the 10 Best Candidates for the 2021 Calder Trophy
Thanks for posting.
Interesting to note that Hoglander as a 20 year old is ranked second only behind a 23 year old Kaprizov. That’s pretty damn impressive given the age disparity!
The points he’s getting aren’t as surprising to me as his solid defensive play. I expected him to be good offensively but a liability in his own zone. I wasn’t expecting him to stick in the top 6 this year but he’s been a huge positive surprise defensively.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Thanks for posting.
Interesting to note that Hoglander as a 20 year old is ranked second only behind a 23 year old Kaprizov. That’s pretty damn impressive given the age disparity!
The points he’s getting aren’t as surprising to me as his solid defensive play. I expected him to be good offensively but a liability in his own zone. I wasn’t expecting him to stick in the top 6 this year but he’s been a huge positive surprise defensively.
As tough and competitive (and skilled) as Hogs is he sure is smart away from the puck. But his excellent defensive play doesn’t negatively impact his offence. He actually builds offence from his defence. No wonder Green drools taking about Hogs.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Yeah you can't help but like this guy - he's been our JT Miller this year so far...........probably one of our most consistent players who always seems to be making plays. His compete level is off the charts.

He's got such good hands and his vision is reallly good. He's always finding the open man. Would love to see him get a spin with Petey and co. sometime.

We definitely have a player here............

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yeah you can't help but like this guy - he's been our JT Miller this year so far...........probably one of our most consistent players who always seems to be making plays. His compete level is off the charts.

He's got such good hands and his vision is reallly good. He's always finding the open man. Would love to see him get a spin with Petey and co. sometime.

If Hogs saw PP1 time, like some of the other top rookies this year do, I think we could double his points. Even so, he deserves to be a Calder Finalist, and could certainly be a better player than those other young guys who are getting more opportunity.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

By next year, the Canucks could have three puck hounds with relentless motors in Miller, hoglander and podkolzin. If the Canucks can add a solid third line center that doesn't get caved in, the forwards could look very nice.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I wonder how much his forecheck work will be taken into consideration for Calder voting, because that has a big impact on the game, and having not seen much of the other rookies, I presume Hoglander is by far the best forechecker out of the rookies.

Very little since Calder is usually about points

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
By next year, the Canucks could have three puck hounds with relentless motors in Miller, hoglander and podkolzin. If the Canucks can add a solid third line center that doesn't get caved in, the forwards could look very nice.

Podkolzin can play centre on the Russian Mens National Team so they may want to give him a window to see he can play the position on the Canucks.

He may be better than Sutter: 21 games NO assists.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Podkolzin can play centre on the Russian Mens National Team so they may want to give him a window to see he can play the position on the Canucks.

He may be better than Sutter: 21 games NO assists.
That's my assistant captain you're talking bout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->