Prospect Info: Nils Höglander

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Well, I have to admit, I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about hockey as you are. Hopefully from reading your posts I can learn a thing or 2. But I can tell you that when Hog touches the puck, I get that same feeling I got when Bure got the puck, because he (Hoglander) has the ability to stickhandle through multiple people and create scoring chances. Like Bure.
Well Bure WAS a winger so theres that, and trust me you ARE more knwolegable than me about hockey theres NO doubt about it pal

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
He and Bure are both European wingers selected outside the first round. So they're similar in that respect.

Hogs reminds me a bit of Tyler Ennis, actually. Slippery, agile, smart, smaller with some offensive punch. Might ultimately have a higher offensive ceiling and is more of a factor along the boards, but Ennis was a useful player to have in your lineup.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Brandon Reid for a short time in his first month looked like an unreal rookie, completely tearing it up and then falling off .....,

OH DEAR GOD NO

Brandon Reid is the Canucks poster child of why you don't just mindlessly put on mass during the offseason. I get that it was a different era and small players had a much more difficult time, but after putting on like 15-20lbs of muscle in the offseason Brandon Reid lost his most dangerous weapon: his speed. That one ill advised off-season potentially cost him his NHL career.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Brandon Reid is the Canucks poster child of why you don't just mindlessly put on mass during the offseason. I get that it was a different era and small players had a much more difficult time, but after putting on like 15-20lbs of muscle in the offseason Brandon Reid lost his most dangerous weapon: his speed. That one ill advised off-season potentially cost him his NHL career.
The only way you put on 10-20 lbs of muscle in a year much less a few month is if you are roiding hard and over training.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I was cautiously optimistic when we drafted him, but has since blown my expectations out of the water. We’ve got our own Gallagher haha.

Reactions: F A N

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

Dude was an absolutely unreal skater.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
He currently is 8-0-1-1 -6 since the start of February. I do wonder if the league has caught up to him a bit. That said, he's looked far from bad in those games.

He might be hitting a bit of a wall that young players hit. The league adjusts to the player and the player needs to adjust in response. He’s young enough and came out flying that Imsuspect he will be able to adjust.

That said he still seems to be creating a couple of chances a game and continues to play with his motor in top gear which is good.

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
Hey guys! I never post but hoglander is super exciting! I saw briefly a little clip of hoglander doing some cool workouts in his draft year. I wanted to show them to my partner. She is really into crazy athletic things. I found half of what they showed on twitter but can't find the hand stand thing which is absolutely rediculous. Does anyone have that available?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Hey guys! I never post but hoglander is super exciting! I saw briefly a little clip of hoglander doing some cool workouts in his draft year. I wanted to show them to my partner. She is really into crazy athletic things. I found half of what they showed on twitter but can't find the hand stand thing which is absolutely rediculous. Does anyone have that available?
Here you go friend.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
With 9 points I believe Hoglander is just 1 behind the rookie scoring lead.

By the eye test he was the best Canuck against the flames tonight.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
So Kevin Lankinen a goalie has more points than Lafreniere........ Let that sink in.
Dont anybody ever bring up CHL scoring as generational again.

Hoglander could maybe just maybe sneak into that 3rd spot if he gets enough exposure on the east coast where most of the voting is condensed.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
So Kevin Lankinen a goalie has more points than Lafreniere........ Let that sink in.

Hoglander could maybe just maybe sneak into that 3rd spot if he gets enough exposure on the east coast where most of the voting is condensed.

If the second unit starts producing, which they usually get 1/3 of our PP goals, then I think he has a chance to win it. He is extremely consistent, even in the most brutal part of the schedule, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him still getting points late in the year, while the other front runners fall off a bit.

Another note on his game - he is so poised in his own end. He doesn't panic when he is pressured, and is capable of delivery a good break-out pass, as we saw with the Pearson chance.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017

There was nothing remotely generational about Lafreniere's CHL stats.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
now we know

Actually, it was easy to know beforehand. Generational would be Mario Lemieux's final junior season. Probably also Crosby's final season (9-10 months younger than Lafreniere and Lemieux). Lafreniere was nowhere near those guys in terms of domination.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Actually, it was easy to know beforehand. Generational would be Mario Lemieux's final junior season. Probably also Crosby's final season (9-10 months younger than Lafreniere and Lemieux). Lafreniere was nowhere near those guys in terms of domination.

well he was talked about generational and being the only player to win CHL Player of the year twice like crosby.
So yeah he was talked about being generational quite a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->