Player Discussion Nikolay Goldobin Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Goldobin has more talent in one finger than the parade of veterans Canucks have on nonsensical contracts.....Beagle, Roussel, Gagner, Sutter and Eriksson all do some things well, but individual talented scoring plays isn't one of them. But they'll start the season ahead of Goldobin because Benning and Linden would be embarrassed if they had bury any of them in the minors.
For the life of me I can’t figure out why Goldobin is so overrated by this fan base. It boggles the mind. If we could trade him for a 5th I’d do it in a heartbeat. Incredibly one-dimensional player and his offensive iq and shot are ridiculously overated. Sigh

Last edited:
Reactions: PM

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
For the life of me I can’t figure out why Goldobin is so overrated by this fan base. It boggles the mind. If we could trade him for a 5th I’d do it in a heartbeat. Incredibly one-dimensional player and his offensive iq and shot are ridiculously overated. Sigh
And yet he has more potential than any recent Benning acquisition. Sigh

Reactions: pomorick

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Yeah it was a pretty bad trade

Then they followed it up by giving him little opportunity and will likely lose him on waivers

An all picks based package for Hansen would have been much more preferable

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I don't feel Goldobin has shown he has the ability to be a full time NHL player...even taking into account how he has been handled. That said, I agree with MS. They wasted a year in trying to find out. they are a bottom feeder. This is exactly the type of team you put the younger players in bigger roles to see what they have. Not bury them behind bottom 6 crap.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Dahlen has more potential as does Rathbone. Goldobin was clearly a bad player to target
Given that we are talking about Goldobin maybe we should wait to see what Rathbone and Dahlen can actually do in the NHL before throwing G under the bus.....

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Given that we are talking about Goldobin maybe we should wait to see what Rathbone and Dahlen can actually do in the NHL before throwing G under the bus.....
No, this is a Goldobin thread and I wrote my comments on him.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Put Goldy boy with Gaudette and Peetey and let them flurrish and learn together. Three young guys with a TON a potential could be the making of a GREAT line for years to come. Nothing to lose this year were tanking for Quinns brother anyways lol

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Put Goldy boy with Gaudette and Peetey and let them flurrish and learn together. Three young guys with a TON a potential could be the making of a GREAT line for years to come. Nothing to lose this year were tanking for Quinns brother anyways lol

Wonder if 2019/20 is too early to see LBL, PBP, GBG all in the top 6..

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

He already showed he fits with Horvat & Boeser. Let him play there for an extended period next year. What is there to lose? At worst, pad his stats a bit and trade him for something more than you would if you don't pad his stats.

Reactions: Catbug and lindgren

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
He already showed he fits with Horvat & Boeser. Let him play there for an extended period next year. What is there to lose? At worst, pad his stats a bit and trade him for something more than you would if you don't pad his stats.
So your suggesting

Goldy Horvat Boeser
Baertchi Gaudette PBP

??

I could live with that :yo:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm not sure it's a case of 'over-rating Goldobin' as it is a comment on the sad state of the talent-level on the wing for the Canucks. You've got Boeser, Pettersson (before he shifts to center) and Baertshi, who's an 'in-and-outer', and that's about it. The rest are grinders, pluggers and 'character guys in the room'....but collectively can't put the puck in the ocean. With Goldobin he benefits from that odious comparison.

Reactions: lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
JD Burke has an article on Goldobin on The Athletic. It gives some statistical support to the idea that Goldobin might work with Boeser and Horvat.

The Athletic

For those who don't want to pay to read, the argument is simple enough: the stats suggest that Goldobin is an effective playmaker.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I have completely forgotten about Goldobin, hope he has himself a proper chance in the top six this season.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
JD Burke has an article on Goldobin on The Athletic. It gives some statistical support to the idea that Goldobin might work with Boeser and Horvat.

The Athletic

For those who don't want to pay to read, the argument is simple enough: the stats suggest that Goldobin is an effective playmaker.

Waiving Granlund to Utica is preferable to losing Goldobin (obviously). Granlund would likely clear. Gaunce and Goldobin not so much.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Given the injury situation of the last 3yrs Goldobin should get plenty of opportunity to prove himself.

If we come out of camp healthy Goldy will have to come in as a man possessed to make it. Next to Boucher and Leipsic, Nik are the worst defensive forwards we have and we know Travis wont have much patience now that everyone is on the same page....sigh.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

he has top 6 if not top line offensive talent and that includes his iq. if he can fix the rest of his game and play with physicality and urgency he's a great player. those are big "ifs" but so are the ifs surrounding a guy like rathbone who is hyped simply because his skating is elite. both those players made progress last season. so long as they continue to make progress they are exciting prospects for me.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Goldy has already proven himself in the AHL.....another year in Utica would be a waste for him and the Canucks. Besides, there's no way he'd clear waivers to be sent there anyway. If he doesn't make the Canucks as a depth forward at least, best bet is to try and find a trading partner.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Goldy has already proven himself in the AHL.....another year in Utica would be a waste for him and the Canucks. Besides, there's no way he'd clear waivers to be sent there anyway. If he doesn't make the Canucks as a depth forward at least, best bet is to try and find a trading partner.
How long into the season before Goldy is either traded (I personally don’t think he has much - if any - value) or put on waivers? I say by game 20 he’s gone.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014

The Athletic

Goldy Horvat Boeser
Baertchi Gaudette PBP
Lipesic Sutter Virtanen
Eriksson Beags Schaller

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
He had already proven himself in the AHL before last years pre season,and it was as clear as day,that he wasn't ready for the NHL out of camp..

He seems top 6 or bust to me..He has glaring deficiencies in his defensive game (even when he was coming on at the end of last season,he had some obvious bad reads,that wound up in our net..Green would put him right back out there,the leash is going to be shorter this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->