Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
What is ridiculous? That his shoulder hasn't fully healed yet. Report was his shoulder was still not feeling good and doctors pushed back timeline. Healing from a major injury can't be timed to the day.

:laugh: I'm not saying he needs to be healed by now, I'm just annoyed that it keeps dragging on. No one is to blame, but as a fan I'm not happy.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
11fj93.jpg

Reactions: Robinson2187

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Another guy that should be well rested for the playoffs. Can't have him getting 0 goals again this playoff season!!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
What is ridiculous? That his shoulder hasn't fully healed yet. Report was his shoulder was still not feeling good and doctors pushed back timeline. Healing from a major injury can't be timed to the day.

I think what's ridiculous is Maurice spouting off to the media about how Ehlers could be back as early as Saturday before he had even been evaluated by the doctors. On what was he basing that? Just another example of why I can't take Maurice seriously when he speaks about injury timelines.

Reactions: Robinson2187

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I think what's ridiculous is Maurice spouting off to the media about how Ehlers could be back as early as Saturday before he had even been evaluated by the doctors. On what was he basing that? Just another example of why I can't take Maurice seriously when he speaks about injury timelines.
PoMo just makes shit up. He always has.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

“Could”. Which doesn’t mean “will”.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm just wondering if Ehlers is the roster player Cheveldayoff is offering.

It's seems strange to me that Maurice was sure enough to tell the media last week that Ehlers would be ready to go as early as this Saturday.

Now, Ehlers will not be available for 2 more weeks.

Maybe, Ehlers is being kept out so that a trade can be consummated.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
:laugh: I'm not saying he needs to be healed by now, I'm just annoyed that it keeps dragging on. No one is to blame, but as a fan I'm not happy.
We should just know by now to double whatever the team says for timeline with our players.

Looks like we will be getting our TD treats before we get Nik back.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
“Could”. Which doesn’t mean “will”.

No, you're just rationalizing a comment that shouldn't have been made before all the facts were available. If he felt the need to say something, a better comment would have been, "Ehlers is coming up on the end of the window previously discussed but we'll have a better idea after the doctors examine him on Tuesday". That's a far more responsible message to pass along to fans who ended up getting their hopes up for nothing.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
No, you're just rationalizing a comment that shouldn't have been made before all the facts were available. If he felt the need to say something, a better comment would have been, "Ehlers is coming up on the end of the window previously discussed but we'll have a better idea after the doctors examine him on Tuesday". That's a far more responsible message to pass along to fans who ended up getting their hopes up for nothing.

And you’re clearly going out of your way to complain about Maurice. :laugh: There’s plenty to criticize him over without stretching the truth to whatever suits your agenda.

Reactions: Turbofan

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
And you’re clearly going out of your way to complain about Maurice. :laugh: There’s plenty to criticize him over without stretching the truth to whatever suits your agenda.

No, complaining about Maurice is NEVER going out of my way. ;)

I'll leave it at that.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

It's seems strange to me that Maurice was sure enough to tell the media last week that Ehlers would be ready to go as early as this Saturday.

NO!!!!
The further we get into the season the less I want to mortgage the future by giving up an Ehlers or a Roslovic.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

oh-no-you-did-not-just-say-that-memes-com-17624591.png

Reactions: Guardian17

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Danish news had a phone call with Ehlers to chat injury http://sport.tv2.dk/ishockey/2019-02-21-det-er-mentalt-haardt-siger-skadet-ehlers

Key takeaways:

- He knew the injury would take more than the initial 4-5 weeks that was stated. Wasn't expecting it to be an additional 2-3 weeks though. If it was the playoffs he says he'd be playing two weeks ago but that he wasn't 100% last week.

- Injury came at a bad time. He thinks he has a had a bad season and was finally starting to play "his" game in the 15-20 games leading up to the injury. He is hoping to not skip a beat once back.

- He has been super bored and can't wait to get back in action.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
No way. There are very few players I want to offer in trade and Ehlers is one.

What are you saying here in this post Jet ? are you saying Ehlers is a player that you would trade ? or are you saying that he's one of the few that you would not trade. Can't understand what you mean here, by the way you worded your post.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

What are you saying here in this post Jet ? are you saying Ehlers is a player that you would trade ? or are you saying that he's one of the few that you would not trade. Can't understand what you mean here, by the way you worded your post.

I think it’s a riddle. Or a logic puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->