Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Micah McCurdy has suggested Ehlers as a Selke candidate, according to his models. That's something.

(it probably has a lot to do with his high relative Corsi and xG stats, I reckon)

He might be our best winger defensively, but that isn’t saying a whole lot honestly(Copp is probably better when he’s on the wing).

Reactions: DashingDane

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
He might be our best winger defensively, but that isn’t saying a whole lot honestly(Copp is probably better when he’s on the wing).

I'd also say there is a good chance Tanev and Frenchy are better defensive players based off the good ol' eye test

Reactions: GNP

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Very true. Copp is great defensively, Tanev gets the job done. And then, on boy.

I guess MP and Wheeler belong to the group of very average, but Laine/Connor/Lemieux... bleh.

Ehlers will likely be a Selke candidate when the Hell freezes over, but maybe the recognition from stats guys tells us something about his enormous impact on the ice.

Reactions: Duke749

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I'd also say there is a good chance Tanev and Frenchy are better defensive players based off the good ol' eye test

Idk about Perro but maybe Tanev. Again, not anything impressive though. I think as a team we’re very weak defensively. But that has a lot to do with us being so young and even our Captain Wheeler has never been good defensively(move your feet!).

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
I know this is off topic but I can’t understand why Scheifele takes the face offs on the PP in the opposition’s zone. My eyes tell me he loses more than he wins and that is not a good way to start a PP.

Faceoffs are such a specific art, no matter how elite, the young centres seem to get beat alot by the older centres. All the elite power plays rely on one or two guys to bring the puck to the zone and stabilize it if the initial faceoff is lost. Buff being back should help but Ehlers is such a special tool in this regard, it's wierd he isnt being used on the first powerplay.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Whats up guys, as a Nik Elhers fantasy owner I'd like to know whats the latest on his injury ? Thanks alot :D

Go Jets Go

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Whats up guys, as a Nik Elhers fantasy owner I'd like to know whats the latest on his injury ? Thanks alot :D
Go Jets Go

I'd like to know the same thing, but I think he'll be back on the ice within 10 days or so. Was listening to the 1290 post game show, and he's skaing with the team right now, so his injury must be improved a lot. Hope he's back soon -- "speed kills"

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
It was not even a big hit from Crosby and it just seemed like he took the hit awkwardly.

The way Ehlers reacted to the hit looked very similar to the way McDavid did after he broke his collarbone.

I thought a shoulder injury kinda like what Schief's had last year.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
“He didn’t have a setback but he just had an appointment (Tuesday), and we’re looking at another week or two, at least,” said Maurice. “He was getting close to the end of the window, wasn’t feeling a whole lot better and then we had it checked again. So, it’s going to be longer than we thought.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->