Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
its not him not scoring the team can live with that its him setting up every vegas player with grade A chances that is the problem. he needed to be healthy scratched a long time ago hopefully he wakes up and plays somewhat decent next game. a good game for him lately would be a whopping 2 shots on net and not like 5 or 6 when he broke in and no more than 3 or 4 giveaways and 50% effort during board battles.
200.gif

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
its not him not scoring the team can live with that its him setting up every vegas player with grade A chances that is the problem. he needed to be healthy scratched a long time ago hopefully he wakes up and plays somewhat decent next game. a good game for him lately would be a whopping 2 shots on net and not like 5 or 6 when he broke in and no more than 3 or 4 giveaways and 50% effort during board battles.
So, how did his unhealthy scratch work yesterday?
Ehlers is fine and has nothing to do with the Jets' current predicament. He had an assist on the Jets only goal in Game 2 and was not even playing for their other loss to Vegas last night. And prior to this series the SLL line was doing very well.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Why is the counter argument always "yeah, but Scheifele sucked more"? As has been said ad nauseum, Chef took his lumps here big time. Ehlers needs to step up and score some goals, just like Scheifele needed too. We can use the "he's only 20" excuse as much as we want, he's on an NHL roster playing second line minutes in the Conference finals of the playoffs.......time to step up.
That's not my argument. My argument is that these young kids not called Crosby rarely have the necessary skill nor stamina to shine in their first playoffs. If this is all he has to give at this point then what can you do? Move on and get better.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
That's not my argument. My argument is that these young kids not called Crosby rarely have the necessary skill nor stamina to shine in their first playoffs. If this is all he has to give at this point then what can you do? Move on and get better.

So we sit all our young kids and plug in has beens or have nots just because they are vets? So by this argument we should sit Laine, Conner, Elhers, Armia, Helly etc just because they struggle in the playoffs?

Then how do you get them that so valuable playoff experience?

There is a famous quote by Wayne from the first time they ran into the Islanders in the playoffs and lost. He said when he walked by their dressing room he heard no cheering or everyone whooping it up etc. He saw a bunch of guys who were beat up and tired as hell. He said then he understood what it took to win in the playoffs.

Kind of hard to understand that from the press box. We wont win without those kids in the line up, and we sure in the hell wont have a chance of winning next year if we dont play them now.

(I hope I understand you right from your posts, hard to tell sometimes)

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
So then this is not our year despite having so much depth that we'll never have again but just accept the kids aren't ready to contribute? So should we just give Perrault Ehlers spot and move little up because we have to rely on vets to do our scoring?

Ares

May 8, 2018
Our young guns are nowhere near their prime yet and this is indeed their first playoffs. They are getting valuable experience here and no, of course we should not bench them in favor of vets. We just have to accept that unless Scheif can really do it all by himself we might not be ready to win the Cup just yet.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Our young guns are nowhere near their prime yet and this is indeed their first playoffs. They are getting valuable experience here and no, of course we should not bench them in favor of vets. We just have to accept that unless Scheif can do it all by himself we might not yet be ready to win the Cup.
But we don't have to give the young guns 20 minutes a game to get that experience. If Mp can produce with a young gun and vet they should do that. Even stas mp little. Copp ehlers laine 3rd line armia tanev Lowry.

Ares

May 8, 2018
But we don't have to give the young guns 20 minutes a game to get that experience. If Mp can produce with a young gun and vet they should do that. Even stas mp little. Copp ehlers laine 3rd line armia tanev Lowry.

If I didn't care about whether this team wins or not then I would almost like to see PoMo do that just to see how much worse this team would get + all the fan reactions on 1290 afterwards.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
this is chevy looking at the ehlers new contract for next year. the jets who never scratch any top 1st rounder were left with no choice but to scratch him. and guess what it wasn't a tough call.
Im sure Ehlers would have no trouble finding a new job.

You sound bitter, and quite frankly I don't get this Ehlers hate.

Reactions: DashingDane

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
But hey man, the f***ing irony, this place is f***ing empty when Ehlers goes on a tear, or has a very good week/month, as soon as the team meets some resistance, and near all the kids seem to struggle, then this place becomes full of people who werent good enough to praise him, but they sure as hell feel they have the right to now critisize, just him, while the rest gets a free pass.

I am thinking of a word, and it starts with H.

Actually also A.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I feel like KC makes some people think that Ehlers is expendable

Yup, and this is a bad mistake. It's true Ehlers is not your best defensive forward. Far from it and "Fly" is not just a nickname. Nevertheless KC is by far the worst Jet defensively. By far. And CSW has been miserable defensively, though that's obviously only on KC. Being miserable defensively is often masked by their excellent o-zone play.

I'm sure that Ehlers would have better stats than KC if he also played with Scheifele and Wheeler, the biggest stars of the Jets currently.

Apart from couple of games, KC had not done much better in these playoffs so far, while Ehlers might be a bit hurt.

Reactions: Hulide

Ares

May 8, 2018
Why is turning into a KC vs Ehlers thing? KC is a rookie... if you happened to forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->