Nikolai Kumelin

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
From all accounts, sounds like he could be a really strong 2nd line winger, who can take a place on top line in case of injury. That basically summarizes all scouting reports I've read on him - from when I've seen him play, he doesn't look like he has top-end talent, but he has a strong work ethic and likes to get into the rough stuff. Too good for 2nd line, not good enough for 1st.

I'm gonna guess that, if put with Robbie Earl and Jiri Tlusty on the Marlies next season, WATCH OUT :D

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Correction,

Its Nikolai KULEmin.

:)

But year, IMO Leafs top prospect and has a good chance to play on the top line one day. A very good talent. Leafs hit the bullseye with this pick.

Lexicon

Dec 7, 2006
No clue
Kulemin, Pogge, Earl, and Tlusty are Toronto's hope.

Kulemin I think is the best out of all of them.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Replace Earl with Stralman.

I honestly do not understand where this hype for Earl comes from.

Yeah I agree Stralman looks promising while Earl should be scoring at twice the clip he is right now. Sure stats are not everything, but this guy is a scorer, so he should score... he'll never be confused for a Selke candidate. Next year will be a big one for him.

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Correction,

Its Nikolai KULEmin.

:)

But year, IMO Leafs top prospect and has a good chance to play on the top line one day. A very good talent. Leafs hit the bullseye with this pick.

Hey dude, who's the player on your avatar ?

As for Kulemin, I see him be an okay 2nd line forward at best and a good 3rd line checker at worst that's gonna gets his amounts of points. His Upside in not that high because of lack of pure talent, but his work ethic and strong desires gonna compensate fair enough

A Keeper for the leafs.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006

As for Kulemin, I see him be an okay 2nd line forward at best and a good 3rd line checker at worst that's gonna gets his amounts of points. His Upside in not that high because of lack of pure talent, but his work ethic and strong desires gonna compensate fair enough

A Keeper for the leafs.

its anton stralman

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
its anton stralman

no one here has seen enough of kulemin or stralman to pass any judgements ..wait till the world championships to see kulemin ,.,hes skating for russia ..stralman leads his league in ice time .i get kick outta people .none of us has seen these boys play

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
no one here has seen enough of kulemin or stralman to pass any judgements ..wait till the world championships to see kulemin ,.,hes skating for russia ..stralman leads his league in ice time .i get kick outta people .none of us has seen these boys play

oh really:biglaugh:

not everyone here is from NA. i live in norway and we have swedish television here so i think i have seen stralman on tv in about 20-25 games this season. plus all he's games for the national team. and i have seen kulemin maybe 6-8 times this season and about 10-15 times last season. so i dont think you are where right about that no one has seen him play:shakehead

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto

A Keeper for the leafs.

I havent seen Stralman play, I accept that. I've just been really impressed with the great things others say about him. Being a late round pick only adds to my excitement.

As far as Kulemin goes, I've seen him play in the WJC last year. I was really impressed. Especially that goal against USA ;)

Roy G Biv*

There is no way Kulemin is going to play in the AHL, just like any other top prospect in the RSL wouldn't.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Leds the league in goals, is up there in points. Behind Morozov, it's not that much of a push.

He's got only 40 points in 57 games, so he's not even close to his Center Jan Marek(52 pts in 50 games).

AND HE'S NOT leading RSL in goals. Morozov has more goals for sure. Some another guys are ahead of Kulemin too.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I havent seen Stralman play, I accept that. I've just been really impressed with the great things others say about him. Being a late round pick only adds to my excitement.

As far as Kulemin goes, I've seen him play in the WJC last year. I was really impressed. Especially that goal against USA ;)

well i have seen plenty of him ( alltough this guy up here doesnt think anyone has ever seen him play:biglaugh:). and i must say you have a lot to be exited about. he moves the puck well, he skating is very good, joins the rushes, has a great shot and is also very good in he's own zone.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
He's got only 40 points in 57 games, so he's not even close to his Center Jan Marek(52 pts in 50 games).

AND HE'S NOT leading RSL in goals. Morozov has more goals for sure. Some another guys are ahead of Kulemin too.

he is 3rd in goals with 27 (Morozov leads with 34), and is something like 16th in points.

Transported Upstater

Replace Earl with Stralman.

I honestly do not understand where this hype for Earl comes from.

Robbie Earl is by far my least favorite prospect of ours.

I can't stand that little punk.

Stalman FTW. :yo:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Leds the league in goals, is up there in points. Behind Morozov, it's not that much of a push.

He is one of the top young forwards in the RSL, but Morozov has more than double Kulemin's point total. In terms of offensive output, that is like describing the difference between Sidney Corsby and Jozef Stumpel as being nominal. I personally do not see Kulemin on an NHL scoring line next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad