Nikolai Kulemin

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I totally agree with you, he is a great depth guy, but he is a UFA and the leafs need to get something for him before he walks. I would trade him for a young gritty player that can score more than 1 goal in 20 games.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

4 minutes, 50 seconds. Blocked by who?

I'm sorry, what were you saying about him being lost and another body on the ice? Sure looks to me he knew exactly what he was doing there. It's very obvious that nobody in here is agreeing with your assessment of Kulemin so I'm just gonna leave this here.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Last year, lol didn't have issues. Its a new year and what he is doing is not much. I could put up a video too showing great things from players in their previous years, but its about now, and right now he isn't the same guy.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
LOL I get ur a Kule fan but I guess you don't want to mention anything about how slow he looks out there and why he standing still in the d-zone. He was a good, now he is and looks lost out there. Time for him to find a new home, it would be best for him and the TML to move on. Kulemin has never been the same since that horrible plane crash in Russia with some of his friends on that flight. Kulemin has all the ability to play like a top 6 winger but is holding back and timid. Kulemin needs to have a new start somewhere. If that upsets you, its what IMO most people are seeing.

His injury may still be holding him back, otherwise, he is the fastest leaf on the roster. Many posters don't realize how offensively gifted this guy is, but his focus has always been on the defensive side of the game, and is very much liked by Nonis and Carlyle. Kulemin leaving the leafs will hurt the team no doubt.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Wow didn't know we could watch one game from last year and say that this year he is great and shouldn't be talked about. Do you guys read the post and instantly think its extremely negative and have to defend they guy like he is married to you sister. Plain and simple he is struggling and slow this year and needs a new home. Like I said before he will get big $$$ on the UFA market and get something before he walks.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Last year, lol didn't have issues. Its a new year and what he is doing is not much. I could put up a video too showing great things from players in their previous years, but its about now, and right now he isn't the same guy.

First of all, you don't know what I do or what I know. I didn't say anything about the PK in its self. I stated that he does not move, there is a difference when your playing positional and not moving at all. Kulemin does not move, and when it comes to the PK every player has to keep moving and staying their zone coverage. Kule is good player when he has the drive and confidence, but the past 2 years he has been lost and just another body on the ice. If you watch the film he is slow footed defensively and slow to react on offence. IMO that's a guy with a mental block and scared to make any mistakes on the ice. Like I stated before he isn't the same since that plane crash. He isn't horrible out there and Im not saying he is garbage but there is something wrong with the kid and I think he needs a new team.

Please keep trying.

So let's say you do understand your own arguments and are only talking about this year, and this year alone. He's played EIGHT games, coming off an ankle injury, and you're complaining about him being slow. :laugh: k.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
His injury may still be holding him back, otherwise, he is the fastest leaf on the roster. Many posters don't realize how offensively gifted this guy is, but his focus has always been on the defensive side of the game, and is very much liked by Nonis and Carlyle. Kulemin leaving the leafs will hurt the team no doubt.

What???? So you are saying he is faster than Raymond, Kessel, Kadri, JVR, Lupal, Reilly, Gardiner. I don't think so. He is a good defensive player that's not what I'm saying. I said and I will repeat myself. He looks slow and struggling out there and looks to be in a mental block. Its not that his doesn't have the ability, I think he hasn't been the same guy since that plane crash and needs to be with a new team, a fresh start. It would benefit him and the Leafs to trade him cause he is a UFA and will walk for $$$.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
What???? So you are saying he is faster than Raymond, Kessel, Kadri, JVR, Lupal, Reilly, Gardiner. I don't think so. He is a good defensive player that's not what I'm saying. I said and I will repeat myself. He looks slow and struggling out there and looks to be in a mental block. Its not that his doesn't have the ability, I think he hasn't been the same guy since that plane crash and needs to be with a new team, a fresh start. It would benefit him and the Leafs to trade him cause he is a UFA and will walk for $$$.

Don't know about Raymond, but kulemin won fastest skater competition with the Leafs twice, and was the fastest skater in his last year in the RSL. You should check your facts before hand. Leafs will not trade any UFA's unless its a better player coming back or they are not in the playoffs. If Kulemin walks for "free", the leafs re-gain cap space. You do know that Clarkson was signed for "free" as well? Kulemin may also be the smartest forward on the team, so I don't know what you are trying to suggest.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I don't know if you are serious but if you are please tell me that this isn't hard to understand.

He is serious, and you're actually gonna come to a disagreement with him if you continue further down that road. Wonder Dan flat out thinks Kulemin is a terrible, invisible player. Atleast you can acknowledge his defensive play.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
Kulemin was fantastic protecting the lead last night, and is probably the reason we won the game. Not sure what this guy is talking about, but I doubt he watches the games.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Don't know about Raymond, but kulemin won fastest skater competition with the Leafs twice, and was the fastest skater in his last year in the RSL. You should check your facts before hand. Leafs will not trade any UFA's unless its a better player coming back or they are not in the playoffs. If Kulemin walks for "free", the leafs re-gain cap space. You do know that Clarkson was signed for "free" as well? Kulemin may also be the smartest forward on the team, so I don't know what you are trying to suggest.

Nothing against his hockey smarts, but more to internal/personal struggles that can mess with your ability to play the way he wants. I don't think he has beaten the names like I have mentioned in a fastest skater comp. I do not see him faster than Kessel,Raymond, Reilly, Gards. I know he is or was really fast but this is a new year and he doesn't look like he did. As for the walk for free that's NJ/Lamorello and they don't have issues letting guys walk and not get anything them back. Nonis will try and get something out of Kulemin if he decides to trade him.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Kulemin was fantastic protecting the lead last night, and is probably the reason we won the game. Not sure what this guy is talking about, but I doubt he watches the games.

Would you guys stop saying or thinking that I think he sucks. Please read what I posted. My god!

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Nothing against his hockey smarts, but more to internal/personal struggles that can mess with your ability to play the way he wants. I don't think he has beaten the names like I have mentioned in a fastest skater comp. I do not see him faster than Kessel,Raymond, Reilly, Gards. I know he is or was really fast but this is a new year and he doesn't look like he did. As for the walk for free that's NJ/Lamorello and they don't have issues letting guys walk and not get anything them back. Nonis will try and get something out of Kulemin if he decides to trade him.

I don't know why you are disputing facts, he won the fastest skater competition and beat all those players minus Raymond. Yet he is a slow player according to you? :laugh:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Would you guys stop saying or thinking that I think he sucks. Please read what I posted. My god!

Yes - I've read it many times. I will bullet point them for you.

A) He is slow since his return.

- Yes, his return from an ANKLE injury, of course it's going to take a few games to get back to speed.

B) He doesn't move on the PK.

- Yes, he plays his positions and has been doing a mighty fine job at it. See the Minnesota game and last night's game when holding the lead.

C) He looks lost out there.

- Second in the team in hits last night and is starting to resume his run of shot blocking. A trend that has continued since his role of a defensive player has been magnified under Carlyle.

It seems like you're longing for the days of offensive Kulemin but they're gone. Accept that his defensive intangibles are held in extremely high regard in the eyes of Carlyle and move along.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Kulemin is Clarkson but with a goal instead of a fight. And for half the price. What's not to like, as long as we accept that his 30 goal season was an abberration.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
I miss Kulemin's 30 goal season he had with grabovski. I still the the death of his close friend really messed him up. We could still use him on the 3 top 6 if we need to. Once the young guys come on the 3rd line Carlyle should try putting Kulemin on the top 6.

Hell even Raymond can score while playing defense. He's got 7 goals already.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I dont see Kulemin wanting much of a raise, it's clear he cant produce like he did a few years ago.

he's a third liner and will likely bump up to 3m max IMO, which is a 200k raise. Anything over that and I'd assume he walks, he's not worth much more, although he is strong defensively and a good part of the team.

But really, is he gonna ditch the team as it is now? The leafs are on the rise, you wanna be that player that leaves this team when it's around it's prime?

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009

Have you actually watched Phil or Mason?

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
Have you actually watched Phil or Mason?

the poster is right about kulemin winning the fastest skater skills comp. however, the faster skater comp is without the puck; no one on the leafs is faster with the puck than phil i think, unless it's gardiner or raymond.

GrabsOverHabs

Apr 7, 2013
the poster is right about kulemin winning the fastest skater skills comp. however, the faster skater comp is without the puck; no one on the leafs is faster with the puck than phil i think, unless it's gardiner or raymond.

Never put too much stock in the fastest skating competitions. I've seen guys throw their sticks out to slow players down as a joke or unload their water bottles on them as they come around. Sometimes it's fair, sometimes it's not. It's mostly meant to be entertaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad