Nikolai Kulemin or Andrei Kostitsyn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
I don't think the two are even remotely similar players. . so I don't know what would be the point in comparing them.

But, if I had to pick, I'd pick Kostitsyn because I've seen him play more than 2 or 3 games.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't think the two are even remotely similar players. . so I don't know what would be the point in comparing them.

But, if I had to pick, I'd pick Kostitsyn because I've seen him play more than 2 or 3 games.

Just trying to create confrontations like he's doing on the Habs board, just didn't have the courage to reply to the numerous replies about the Price's pick so then he tries that trick.

So my answer would be Kulemin 'cause he's a Leafs prospect and we all know all Habs prospects either suck or are overrated......No match here.....

P.S. For all the other posters, please note that this thread was NOT started by a Habs fan, on the contrary.....

leafaholix*

Just trying to create confrontations like he's doing on the Habs board, just didn't have the courage to reply to the numerous replies about the Price's pick so then he tries that trick.

So my answer would be Kulemin 'cause he's a Leafs prospect and we all know all Habs prospects either suck or are overrated......No match here.....

P.S. For all the other posters, please note that this thread was NOT started by a Habs fan, on the contrary.....

fine, let's ban leaf/hab related HOCKEY threads all together.

i'm trying to see what the discrepency is between these two players.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Kulemin is tearing up the RSL right now being the youngest player near the top 10 in scoring. However i dont know much about kostitsyn to comment on him.

GSK*

Andrei Kostitsyn = Will be better in NHL right now then he's in the AHL.

If we fired Hamilton head coach and hired someone who can help him and Grabovsky, Kostitsyn can be a elite player in the league. (He got an amazing package of skillz)

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
There is no need to make a thread for every Toronto's prospect who is doing well.

Basically, there is nothing to talk about here. Most of the people havent seen Kulemin that much to make a fair judgement.

leafaholix*

Kulemin: July 1986, 44th overall in 2006 draft
Kostitsyn: February 1985, 10th overall in 2003 draft

Kulemin this season: 22 GP, 10 G, 9 A, 19 PTS, +8, 18 PIM (Magnitogorsk Metallurg)
Kostitsyn this season: 7 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 3 PTS, -1, 6 PIM (Hamilton Bulldogs)

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
I haven't seen Kulemin play much, but from what I have seen from Kostitsyn, he has not impressed me at all, and quite frankly I doubt he ever amounts to much of an NHLer. Every draft has there early 1st rnd busts, and I belive Kostitsyn will soon have that label.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I was going to say Kulemin off the strength of his last WJC showing, which impressed me, but then I was thinking wait a sec, Kostitsyn has looked pretty good in the WJC too, eh? So... :dunno:

Without having seen Kulemin in the RSL or anywhere else except the WJC, it makes it pretty hard to judge where he's at right now. Whereas we see plenty of Kostitsyn... and still find it hard to judge where he's at! :)

I guess I'll stick with the devil I know and trust the NHL scouts to have known what they were doing in picking him and passing over Kulemin when they did. Best I can do to break a murky tie. :dunno:

GSK*

I haven't seen Kulemin play much, but from what I have seen from Kostitsyn, he has not impressed me at all, and quite frankly I doubt he ever amounts to much of an NHLer. Every draft has there early 1st rnd busts, and I belive Kostitsyn will soon have that label.

LOL :banghead:

Kostitsyn should be in the pro roster right now. He have a amazing training camp but the Habs are fully loaded at the wings.

And for information if he got 3pts in 6games, Kostitsyn suffers of back injury since day 1 of the season.

Anyway, you'll see, he got 2 goals 1 assist in 12 NHL games and you call him a bust?

Did you ever watch him play?

:cry:

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
I have to agree that this is somewhat of a pointless discussion, as most have not seen Kulemin play, and seeing numbers in a league that not many can watch, doesn't really mean much. I have a couple clips of him from the world juniors on my computer, and they do excite me, but it's also a different game over here. It's a wait and see game with him, which should be interesting to see what happens there. It'll be important for the Leafs to get him over to NA and see what he can do on this ice.
As for Kotsitsyn, I havn't seen much of him either. I did expect him to make the Habs though, from the talking up he has recieved, and at the least be lighting up the AHL, so his numbers are a little lower than I expected of him.
Anyway, far too early to bemaking comparisons on players not many have had much of a chance to watch.

Little Nilan

Oct 29, 2006
Praha

Kostitsyn should be in the pro roster right now. He have a amazing training camp but the Habs are fully loaded at the wings.

And for information if he got 3pts in 6games, Kostitsyn suffers of back injury since day 1 of the season.

Anyway, you'll see, he got 2 goals 1 assist in 12 NHL games and you call him a bust?

Kostitsyn did not have an amazing camp. He looked good, about the same as Latendresse but he didn't do anything to awe or make him a lock. Since his draft year, he hasn't done much progress and hasn't performed in any league other then the High League(not the RSL) in Russia. The coach who's known him for a while now even called him out a few days ago. At the present moment, Kostitsyn looks more like a bust then a star.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph

yeah I owned season tickets to the Hamilton Bulldogs last season and the season before that. Sure there is a chance he could miraculously improve into an NHL calibre forward, but from what I have seen of him, I doubt he will become a big offensive threat. Mediocore at best 2nd liner is his max potential at the moment. Like I said before, each draft has its busts, I believe Kostitsyn will be one of the very few busts from the 2003 NHL entry draft. He may not bust entirely, but I highly doubt he ever comes close to what he was supposed to be or even come close to a Ryan Getzlaf or Jeff Carter.

makes sense doesn't it? compared to all the other busts in previous years, 2003 has barely any, but there has to be some, 2003 can't be flawless. I believe Kostitsyn will be amongst them.

Busts of previous draft years

2003 - Braydon Coburn, Hugh Jessiman, Shawn Belle, Andrei Kostitsyn? - have bust potential, eventhough there is still a fair chance that any of these players could develope into NHL regulars.
2002 - Petr Taticek, Jesse Niinimaki, Jakub Koreis, Vagner, Morris, Johansson
2001 - Chistov (maybe, got sent down), Blackburn (injury), Knayzev, Karlsson, Wowitka, Foster, Steckel
2000 - Yakubov, Vorobiev, Smirnov, Nedorost, Kriukov, Smith, Samuelsson, Taffe
1999 - Brendl, Finley, Shvidki, Rita, Jillson, Kelman, Koltsov, Safronov, Heisten, Ouellet, Cerda, Kuleshov, Ahonen, Kudroc

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Typical Leafaholix / Carl O'Steen Bullsh*t. Leaf fan obsession with Habs prospects never ceases.

For a guy who seems to hang out so much on the Prospects board, it amazes me that he hasn't learned that simply throwing out "stats" is the worst way to judge anything.

The Man in White

Jun 28, 2004
There is no need to make a thread for every Toronto's prospect who is doing well.

QFT.

YRB, you do this everytime a Leaf prospect has a good game or is doing well. There really is no need for it. Especially when you compare our players to another team's player at a time when our player's are playing well. It's an unfair comparison.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
QFT.

YRB, you do this everytime a Leaf prospect has a good game or is doing well. There really is no need for it. Especially when you compare our players to another team's player at a time when our player's are playing well. It's an unfair comparison.

Gee I wonder what happened to those numerous Higgins vs Steen threads on the main board.

:teach:

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
Typical Leafaholix / Carl O'Steen Bullsh*t. Leaf fan obsession with Habs prospects never ceases.

I don't think they're the same guy.

I thought Leafaholix always had well thought out arguments and didn't base everything on statistics.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
I don't think they're the same guy.

I thought Leafaholix always had well thought out arguments and didn't base everything on statistics.

So it isn't the same guy? I've been under the impression they were the same for some reason, at least that's what people have been saying.

But as you say, despite his tendacy to stir the pot, Lh did have good arguments. This guy just posts dumb stats for seemingly no reason.

Either way, this guy is clearly just trying to cause a flame war here, which is seemingly all he does...

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006

Basically, there is nothing to talk about here. Most of the people havent seen Kulemin that much to make a fair judgement.
hey , how many threads would that be anyway ? two or three at the most .:sarcasm:

Transported Upstater

Andrei Kostitsyn = Will be better in NHL right now then he's in the AHL.

If we fired Hamilton head coach and hired someone who can help him and Grabovsky, Kostitsyn can be a elite player in the league. (He got an amazing package of skillz)

That's a good point. I was impressed with Kostitsyn's NHL play. I thought he was decent, from the little I've seen, and better than he was in the AHL. I think Kost should be on the Habs right now, personally.

As to the comparison, I've never seen Kulemin play.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Since most of the posts are about the poster and not the topic, I'm going to close the thread, another mod can reopen it if they enjoy reading crap, I've just got done working 12+ hours and am not sitting around babysitting more hab-leaf pointless $#*@.

So for now we'll just say Kostitsyn is a bust and Kulemin is great, super great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad