Niklas Kronwall

A Good Flying Bird*

I'm thinking about drafting Nik Kronwall in a keeper league. Any thoughts about his point potential next year and in the years to come?

Injuries are the major factor her.
1. Kronwall has to stay healthy.
2. If Lidstrom or Schneider go down, expect major responsibilities for Kronwall.

IMO, I think if Kronwall learns positioning a bit better, he's going to play a lot of minutes this year. Even with no injuries to Lidstrom and Schneider. I'm pencilling him in for 12 goals 34 assists, 46 points ....

Zennon

Mar 12, 2004
Lots of hype on Kronwall BUT last year if i remember correctly Schneider went down and Kronwall did zip.... anyways we'll see what he'll do... i'll probably draft him in the later rounds, just to say i am not here to bash him.

captaincheat

Sep 13, 2005
Regina, Sask., Can.
I think he could be a bargain in most leagues. All magazines that I have looked for are calling for under 30 points. IF he stays healthy, look for them to slide some of Schneiders PP minutes his way. If that happens, I could see him crack 50pts.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I'm thinking about drafting Nik Kronwall in a keeper league. Any thoughts about his point potential next year and in the years to come?

I would think that in a keeper league it's a no brainer. Like others have said - in the short term it's all about staying healthy at this point. In the long term - I would see him taking Schneider's PP minutes after this year, but it's possible Holland keeps MS around.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Lots of hype on Kronwall BUT last year if i remember correctly Schneider went down and Kronwall did zip.... anyways we'll see what he'll do... i'll probably draft him in the later rounds, just to say i am not here to bash him.

I wouldnt say he did zip, he looked talented but still a bit raw, seemed to me its a matter of time before he would start knowing how to convert the skill into scoring chances. On the other hand he still seemed to make a few rookie mistakes that I didnt expect a player of his ilk to be making.....but that comes with experience ..i dont think a player like him should have trouble adjusting.

A Good Flying Bird*

I wouldnt say he did zip, he looked talented but still a bit raw, seemed to me its a matter of time before he would start knowing how to convert the skill into scoring chances. On the other hand he still seemed to make a few rookie mistakes that I didnt expect a player of his ilk to be making.....but that comes with experience ..i dont think a player like him should have trouble adjusting.

More than that, he was a bit tentative on the surgically repaired leg.
I think, as he develops, he'll be a top pairing defenseman. Not Norris material. But just a good defenseman who can play all situations

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad