Niklas Kronwall with a patented hit on Rudolfs Balcers (update: Hit on Foligno)

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
I wish these hits weren't just by Kronwall but all over the league. If you could somehow safely combine huge hits and the speed of the game in today's NHL.

I don't even remember when Gudas laid a full force open ice hit.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not really vintage Kronwall as he really didn't load up on a back-peddle and then accelerate forward through the hit. But still nice to see him bring the physical element even with all his knee problems and how he has aged. The guy competes 100% every night. I know why other fan-bases might not like him, but if he played for your team I promise you the way he carries himself on and off the ice has been nothing short of spectacular. Not sure if this is the last year or if it is next year at this point, but he has been an absolute treat to have on the Red Wings and a really underrated part of the team in terms of National understanding on how good he was for a decade in Detroit before his body gave out.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
He hit who? I must be getting too old as all these young guys with names i dont recognize keep popping up for other teams.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
How's he looked this year? My impression is that he has had a better year than he's has had in a long time.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
One of the best open ice hitters of all time and probably the best of his generation getting a last few in for his highlight reel this year. With his knee being bad last year he only had a couple all season, this year hes been laying guys out a lot more.

His 2008 playoff highlight reel has more big hits than most players do in their careers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad