Prospect Info: Niklas Kokko (Round 2, Pick #58, 2022 draft)

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
That's all good, and not trying to insult your national team...but I think it's a stretch to say that Kokko had a good WJC. At least a couple games stood out as "whoa" and not in a good way.
Our team deserves the insults. Kokko is still a long way from ready but what I mean is that he has the ability to make it but deal breaker will be his mind set. Can he handle the pressure to achieve a good career in NHL.
I actually didn't see any of his games so I don't even know how he played in that tournament.

Reactions: Fuhrious

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
That's all good, and not trying to insult your national team...but I think it's a stretch to say that Kokko had a good WJC. At least a couple games stood out as "whoa" and not in a good way.
But like I said before Kokkko is a kid he'll have time to Iron out some problem areas!Hopefully the Kraken let him play another season maybe 2-3 over in SM-Liiga before tackling the AHL and NHL game

Our team deserves the insults. Kokko is still a long way from ready but what I mean is that he has the ability to make it but deal breaker will be his mind set. Can he handle the pressure to achieve a good career in NHL.
I actually didn't see any of his games so I don't even know how he played in that tournament.
Thought he had a so -so Tournament...Was pretty darn good against the Americans...

Torspo21

mailataikuri
Dec 15, 2009
Oijärvi
torspo21.blogspot.com
Kokko and Pelicans are now one win away from the semifinals, and Kokko has been playing extremely well. Any chance of him coming to AHL already next season? Looks like Kraken has the two most promising Liiga-players from this season, Niklas Kokko & Jani Nyman.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Kokko and Pelicans are now one win away from the semifinals, and Kokko has been playing extremely well. Any chance of him coming to AHL already next season? Looks like Kraken has the two most promising Liiga-players from this season, Niklas Kokko & Jani Nyman.

There would be a spot open with Driedger becoming an UFA and most likely leaving.

Though, I'm not sure if you're doing that with a 20 year old goalie instead of keeping him another year in Europe playing in the finnish league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad