Injury Report: Niklas Hjalmarsson

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I find it rather disturbing how we've heard just about nothing about Hjalmarsson. He left a game after being hit awkwardly; maybe I'm biased because I only saw it live and have seen no replays, left the game and didn't return (to little comment by our shitty broadcast crew), got unceremoniously placed on IR, and now we haven't seen him in the lineup for 2 months.

I'm assuming he has a concussion, but what the hell gives, seriously? Any news at all? Can't the team make at least a single comment?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Almost certainly a concussion. Aggravated it when he came back for that one game after the long IR stint. That's what I'd assume, anyway - I don't know of any other upper body injuries that teams get so noncommittal about.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm sure he's in no hurry to get back. Maybe he'll start getting healthy enough to trade right before the deadline so he can get the # out of here.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
There was just a report saying he was cleared for full-contact practice and will most likely player after the bye-week, if not then after all-star break. He will be back before month-end. I don't know the source, but you can take my word for it.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
There was just a report saying he was cleared for full-contact practice and will most likely player after the bye-week, if not then after all-star break. He will be back before month-end. I don't know the source, but you can take my word for it.

Always trust the rabbit. Follow the white rabbit.

Reactions: RABBIT

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Chicago send us damage goods? He's coming back but he's barely practiced?!?!? He'll be hurt again in another 2 weeks.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Chicago send us damage goods? He's coming back but he's barely practiced?!?!? He'll be hurt again in another 2 weeks.
Right! The season is lost! Why mess with his health? I say bring him back after the Olympics. Let him go back to Sweden and chill out and get healthy until then. We absolutely need a healthy Hjalmarsson (I mean 100% healthy) if we're going to be at all competitive. If he's "ready to go" right now, than I say give him an extra 4 weeks just to make sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad