Niklas Hjalmarsson.

Hv71

Nov 15, 2011
Jönköping
Hey guys was just curious about how you feel about Hjalmarsson and how he performs, plays etc. Just some short thoughts, I used to follow him all the time when he played in HV71 over here in Sweden. If this thread already exists then im sorry been up all night Watching NHL until 5 this morning and 1 hour sleep then of to work so might have missed it ;) And good luck Hawks an insanely good team

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
Hey guys was just curious about how you feel about Hjalmarsson and how he performs, plays etc. Just some short thoughts, I used to follow him all the time when he played in HV71 over here in Sweden. If this thread already exists then im sorry been up all night Watching NHL until 5 this morning and 1 hour sleep then of to work so might have missed it ;) And good luck Hawks an insanely good team

Well he has 13 points is a +9 on the season so far, and he averages over 21 minutes per game...we love him.

Hv71

Nov 15, 2011
Jönköping
Well he has 13 points is a +9 on the season so far, and he averages over 21 minutes per game...we love him.

Thank you! I think I was a bit unclear to my head is asleep. Was thinking how he has developed over the years in Hawks what he has improved and what he needs to improve. And thanks for a fast reply

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
he is a major piece to our defensive corps and when he is blocking shots, using his size, and shooting the puck he is an elite defensemen in my opinion. Solid top 4 guy

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
Has always played good defense. Last year he really improved on distributing the puck which had been a weakness. This year he has even more confidence and is jumping into the play and contributing on offense. Heavy, accurate shot. This guy has become a stud and would be a top pairing guy on most clubs. Seldom has a bad game and probably our steadiest defender. Re-upping him for 5 years at $20 million is a steal.

LandofLincoln*

#2 in Chicago

Duncan Keith is having a Norris type of year for Chicago racking up assists at a heavy pace.

I think Hjalmarsson has passed Seabrook on the depth chart in Chicago this is debatable. Seabrook has two more years on his current deal, and Hjalmarsson's new deal is 5 years taking him three years past Seabrook's deal.

Chicago feels great to have Hjalmarsson locked up, and his role easily could turn more offensively if he was asked to do it. He needs to shoot more, and will sometimes he is to unselfish.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I still miss his physicality when he first came up (although he's taking the body a bit better this year) as well as him shooting a bit more often, but I don't think there's a single Hawks fan here who doesn't love the guy. He's getting aggressive in the offensive zone, his passing has tremendously improved in the last two years, and we all know about his ability to block shots for us.

He will be an excellent choice to represent Sweden in the Olympics. (and if the Swedes are smart, they'll pair him or Kronwall with Karlsson)

CertainAffinity*

Save an irritating habit of blindly firing the puck up the walls under pressure (which he's actually toned down since last season), he's been fantastic in pretty much every regard.

He did just have kind of a stinker in Dallas, but whatever, everybody has off games here or there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad