Value of: Niklas Hjalmarsson to Toronto.

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
I don't think I'd make a move for Hjalmarsson. He may very well have an excellent defensive season as he has for most of his career - but last year was the first big time decline year in his defensive play. First chart is the last 3 seasons, second chart is just last year.

Untitled.jpg Untitled2.jpg

This is just one metric, but it's not a pretty sight.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't think I'd make a move for Hjalmarsson. He may very well have an excellent defensive season as he has for most of his career - but last year was the first big time decline year in his defensive play. First chart is the last 3 seasons, second chart is just last year.

View attachment 367535 View attachment 367536

This is just one metric, but it's not a pretty sight.

You can't base everything off 1 season, especially one that didn't even finish

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Holl was a BIG problem VS Columbus, once Muzzin went down Holl went to shit
No. Holl was not a BIG problem. He didn’t play well, sure. But he was not put into a position to succeed. As I and others have pointed out to you, you can’t fix a problem by creating more problems. Holl is just fine as a #4 d man as long as that’s what he’s actually used as.

you’ve made Holl YOUR big problem and for whatever reason are making the leafs defensive deficiency’s solely on his back. They let in 12 goals in 5 games. Half of which were played without their best defensive Defense man. While they aren’t an all star cast, playing it up as if Holl is a tire fire sole problem of the leafs is a joke. As well as a completely narrow sighted vision of their problems

Reactions: the Chad Kilger

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No. Holl was not a BIG problem. He didn’t play well, sure. But he was not put into a position to succeed. As I and others have pointed out to you, you can’t fix a problem by creating more problems. Holl is just fine as a #4 d man as long as that’s what he’s actually used as.

you’ve made Holl YOUR big problem and for whatever reason are making the leafs defensive deficiency’s solely on his back. They let in 12 goals in 5 games. Half of which were played without their best defensive Defense man. While they aren’t an all star cast, playing it up as if Holl is a tire fire sole problem of the leafs is a joke. As well as a completely narrow sighted vision of their problems

You wouldn't be creating a hole by replacing Holl with Hjalmarsson you'd be upgarding if You are upgrading you aren't creating a hole.

The Kapanen trade created a current hole because as of now Kapanen hasn't been replaced.

Replacing Holl with Hjalmarsson doesn't create a hole it makes you better.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Replacing Holl with Hjalmarsson doesnt fill holes tho.
Assuming Lehtonen sticks on the right side we still need 1 more. Id rather upgrade Holl for sure too.

Reilly Hammer
Muzz Lehtonen
Sandin Dermott?

or

Reilly Hammer
Muzz Lehtonen
Dermott _____
Sandin

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You wouldn't be creating a hole by replacing Holl with Hjalmarsson you'd be upgarding if You are upgrading you aren't creating a hole.

The Kapanen trade created a current hole because as of now Kapanen hasn't been replaced.

Replacing Holl with Hjalmarsson doesn't create a hole it makes you better.
Lol it fixes nothing. Kapanen is replaced by Robertson. Even though he’s a lw. Nice try to deflect though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->