Value of: Niklas Hjalmarsson to Toronto.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sandin would be on the table for Parayako, Hamilton, lindholm Or other similarly aged elite players.

Hjalmarsson is worse player than muzzin and Muzzin didnt bring back anything close to a sandin type prospect. Hjlamarsson has a worse contract than muzzin and shorter term he is also older.

Sandin would only be on the table for a deal for Chychruan for Arizona.

Hjalmarsson wont contribute much more than a guy like demelo/gudas/hamonic who leafs can target in UFA rather than giving up their best prospect.
I think the cost of those other D you mentioned is way more than Sandin. Hjalmarsson would be a very good add for the Leafs.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd expect value somewhere around a second and a third. More if we retain or take back iffy or bad money. I don't expect a Sandin -type prospect. He's only due $2M from here on out, so it's not exactly a cost-cutting move.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Those pick/prospects will have to be very good. Kuemper is the better, cheaper goalie and has term. Hjalmarsson has more value than Johnsson.
Andersen > Kuemper

Andersen has a way better track record. He also only makes 1 million for this upcoming season. A huge savings for Arizona owners.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'd expect value somewhere around a second and a third. More if we retain or take back iffy or bad money. I don't expect a Sandin -type prospect. He's only due $2M from here on out, so it's not exactly a cost-cutting move.
Same price that Braun cost...2nd and a 3rd.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
As fans we can make suggestions back and forth. Imo the acquisition of Kuemper and Hjalmarsson will cost Andy (he has only one year, so lowered value fir a team giving up a similar goalie on a good contract with an extra year) and a top D prospect. That’s Sandin. Leafs should be in win now mode, while JT is still going good, and Matthews is still in town. Hjalmarsson will definitely contribute more right now than Sandin will.

Just stop. No way Sandin goes.
It’s a ridiculous ask. You might as well be asking the Isles for Noah Dobson. It ain’t happenin.

I don’t think Lilly would be in the package- Its 1 yr of HJ with Kuemper.. and a plethora of goalies hitting the UFA market. Asking Sandin is nonsensical.

Ledge And Dairy

Andersen > Kuemper

Andersen has a way better track record. He also only makes 1 million for this upcoming season. A huge savings for Arizona owners.
Kuemper was a likely candidate for the Vezina this year until he was injured. Kuemper has term too, and a lower cap hit So Kuemper > Andersen.

Andersen being owed only 1M is still 1M more than not having to pay him at all. Instead trading Kuemper for actual futures while promoting their NHL ready goalie Adin Hill is a much better use of assets

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I'd be exstatic with that but even I think that's not enough.

Hammer shouldn't cost the moon but that's a little low

At 50% retention, probably a 2nd rounder and ok prospect would be my guess. Although moving Johnsson for him is probably not the worst idea.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I imagine the Yotes will want Liljegren or Sandin for him. Hammer is one of the top PKers in the league. He'd be totally worth one of those kids.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
At 50% retention, probably a 2nd rounder and ok prospect would be my guess. Although moving Johnsson for him is probably not the worst idea.

I'd probably do that but I'd want to include Justin Holl, I want Justin Holl gone after he fell apart VS Columbus once Muzzin went down

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
In your own words, we need to add two guys. If we upgrade on the only guy we have right now, we still need to add two guys. Upgrades are nice, but trading Holl in the Hjalmarsson deal does not do anything to solve the problem (needing two more guys) that you identified.

Holl doesn't have a ton of value. We keep him because including him doesn't influence the trade much and is basically giving him away.

That's true I have said that, I just kind of turned on Holl. I feel like if Holl was good enough he wouldn't need Muzzin to COMPLETELY carry him but it's clear he does.

If he was good enough his. play wouldn't have gone to total shit the SECOND Muzzin went down but it did, and it did because Holl isn't good enough.

I think that 2 million can be better spent

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
... Holls not the problem. The fact that there’s no one to play with dermott or rielly is the problem a 1 for 1 using assets fixes nothing.

Holl was a BIG problem VS Columbus, once Muzzin went down Holl went to shit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->