Niklas Bergfors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Marc-E- said:
What & which ranking would you expect he might go? Which range? 10-15? 15-20? 20-25? Lower...If you have some info on him I will appreciate. I wonder if it will be long for to come play in N.A.?

Well, it looks like he may be reporting to the Fog Devils this season, so he'll be more acclimatized to North American hockey early on in his career.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think he may go higher in the draft because he has already stated he is coming to the CHL, that may make an NHL GM more inclined to select him because he would be adjusting to the NA game at a younger age rather than drafting a guy from europe and bringing him over at age 21.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
I think Bergfors stock was dropping rapidly after the WJHC but now it's definately on the upside again. I could honestly see a team liking him and taking him in the 12-16 range. Can't wait for the lottery and the actual draft. should be awesome.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
ktownhockey said:
I think Bergfors stock was dropping rapidly after the WJHC...

That comment is/may be true but I dont necessarily agree with it. ;) What could a 17 year old forward do wrong in a tourney dominated by kids one to two years older than he? Absolutely nothing. On the contrary, I think he could have boosted his stock with his play in the WJHC. He played on a line with two older guys, didn't look out of place and held his own.

After seeing him in the WJHC:

He's a great player, IMO a top 10 talent. He's a terrific skater, very steady and strong on his skates at 6' and what seems like 200 lbs. He gets from point A to point B however he can, he'll go through you or around you. I love his willingless to muck it up, get in the corners. (Especially at a tourney like WJC where the players were 2-3 years older than him). He's got a damn good move that I caught on to, which was very solid. He would gain steam from the endboards in the corners, get past a defender or whomever he needed to, and then try this devilishly sneaky wraparound which caught the goalie off guard. Basically what this means to me is that he'll do anything to get right to the net and wont back down. I really like his game and think he has a great potential. Very quick on his skates, stocky and sturdy as hell. I didn't really get to see his shot/passing but I'm sure its good as well after he posted up great stats in SWE Jr. He's a player no doubt, and the fact that he stood out in games in the WJC at 16/17 is astounding for someone not named Crosby.

Last edited:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Balej's Dance said:
That comment is totally unfounded. What could a 17 year old forward do wrong in a tourney dominated by kids one to two years older than he? Absolutely nothing. On the contrary, I think he could have boosted his stock with his play in the WJHC. He played on a line with two older guys, didn't look out of place and held his own.

After seeing him in the WJHC:

He's a great player, IMO a top 10 talent. He's a terrific skater, very steady and strong on his skates at 6' and what seems like 200 lbs. He gets from point A to point B however he can, he'll go through you or around you. I love his willingless to muck it up, get in the corners. (Especially at a tourney like WJC where the players were 2-3 years older than him). He's got a damn good move that I caught on to, which was very solid. He would gain steam from the endboards in the corners, get past a defender or whomever he needed to, and then try this devilishly sneaky wraparound which caught the goalie off guard. Basically what this means to me is that he'll do anything to get right to the net and wont back down. I really like his game and think he has a great potential. Very quick on his skates, stocky and sturdy as hell. I didn't really get to see his shot/passing but I'm sure its good as well after he posted up great stats in SWE Jr. He's a player no doubt, and the fact that he stood out in games in the WJC at 16/17 is astounding for someone not named Crosby.

His stock was on the decline after xmas. Most of the publications had him droping. I didnt agree with them but they still had him droping.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
La-La-Laprise said:
His stock was on the decline after xmas. Most of the publications had him droping. I didnt agree with them but they still had him droping.

Thanks for correcting me and sorry ktown. I didn't remember any drastic rankings of Bergfors after the WJHC but it I must have missed them or overlooked them.

Either way if his stock did decline, I don't think it should have. He played well at that tourney, had played well the entire year in Sweden, and finished well at the U-18 in April with 6 goals in 7 games. I don't see any weaknesses in his production/on ice play like a Latendresse, Skille, or Hanzal. If anything, he should be top ten.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Balej's Dance said:
Thanks for correcting me and sorry ktown. I didn't remember any drastic rankings of Bergfors after the WJHC but it I must have missed them or overlooked them.

Either way if his stock did decline, I don't think it should have. He played well at that tourney, had played well the entire year in Sweden, and finished well at the U-18 in April with 6 goals in 7 games. I don't see any weaknesses in his production/on ice play like a Latendresse, Skille, or Hanzal. If anything, he should be top ten.

Only thing that I think scouts are scared away by is he is 5'11. 6'00 would seem so much better to them.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
La-La-Laprise said:
Only thing that I think scouts are scared away by is he is 5'11. 6'00 would seem so much better to them.

Thats a shame too. Someone is gonna look foolish based on one inch. He's got a great build on him, as in he's not slight or thin. Tremendous character guy that I would covet because for all his hard work/grinding/dedication to the game he does have the potential to become a offensive stud with his abilities. I'm looking forward to seeing him put up some good stats in the Q.

I have a question, is there a big difference between Nilsson in his draft year and Bergfors this year?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Balej's Dance said:
Thats a shame too. Someone is gonna look foolish based on one inch. He's got a great build on him, as in he's not slight or thin. Tremendous character guy that I would covet because for all his hard work/grinding/dedication to the game he does have the potential to become a offensive stud with his abilities. I'm looking forward to seeing him put up some good stats in the Q.

I have a question, is there a big difference between Nilsson in his draft year and Bergfors this year?

I havent seen a lot of either play but from what ive read/watched Bergfors seems to have a lot more grit to his game. Nilsson may be more naturally skilled but Bergfors is the better all-around player.

Anyone disagree with that?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
I havent seen a lot of either play but from what ive read/watched Bergfors seems to have a lot more grit to his game. Nilsson may be more naturally skilled but Bergfors is the better all-around player.

Anyone disagree with that?

nope. I think Bergfors has a better chance at the NHL than Nilsson because of that grit.

I'm hoping the wings get a pick in the 10-15 range and take this kid. Everything i've read and seen has me drooling. Excellent potential.

ftyutin51

Jul 2, 2004
Huntington Bay, NY
:biglaugh: I drafted this guy 1st round 18 round (Don't worry, I have plenty of 1st picks, having dealt all my Colorado superstars and 2nd rounders, 3rd, etc. and loads of cash.) He is racking up more points than Sidney Crosby!(EHM)

NB - 24 games -- 43 points
SC - 24 games -- 36 points

Last edited:

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
ftyutin51 said:
:biglaugh: I drafted this guy 1st round 18 round (Don't worry, I have plenty of 1st picks, having dealt all my Colorado superstars and 2nd rounders, 3rd, etc. and loads of cash.) He is racking up more points than Sidney Crosby!(EHM)

NB - 24 games -- 43 points
SC - 24 games -- 36 points

Doesn't surprise me... Berg + fors... Fors + berg... :biglaugh:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Balej's Dance said:

Well, Nilsson came off a SEL season where he broke the scoring record for an U18 player in the SEL (scoring 21 points in 41 games), while Bergfors scored 1 goal in his rookie season. However, it is not far-fetched to say that Bergfors is already at this point a better player and more suited for the NHL than Robert Nilsson, whose stock has declined for the last two seasons.

Personally, I definitely think Bergfors is more likely to make it to the NHL, although I do actually think things will turn for the better for Mr. Nilson this coming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad