Player Discussion Nikita Zadorov is Really Tall

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
All I know is I wouldn't be within his 10 foot radius strutting into the Dome on game day . . . Prolly likely to have a stray arm grab a hold of me take me down and steal my cofveve.

He's been pretty good for us and has slowed the penalty pace. But I can hardly remember if I'm right or not it's been so long since hocky gam.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah he’s been great for his role. Steady in his own end, adding size and physicality to our roster, as well as making some low-key good offensive plays.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Stone has been a good defensive partner for Zad.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Has anyone on the team been better so far this season? I can't think of anyone.

The hits, the goals. He has been a stud, can't believe we signed him to that contract in Free Agency.

Reactions: Tofveve

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
I’ve felt he’s struggled quite a bit in his own zone this year.
To me it’s been our forwards lack of chemistry is still resulting in a lot of troubles with switches. We play man on man coverage primarily in our own zone, but our forward lines have been brutal at losing their man in the slot this year. Always makes the defenseman look bad because they end up having to cheat off their man a little so they can close on the other player quicker, and when a goal is scored he’s the guy standing closest to the scorer.

Andersson’s work in the corners is still tied for his most unappreciated quality with his skating. They aren’t 50/50 pick battles for him, it’s more like 75/25. The amount of times he knocks a player off the puck then just casually skates up ice in a game is staggering.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

If Zad's the best defenseman on the team, that certainly explains the record.

Also, @Anglesmith once said that he wished Zadorov was "as good at hockey as he thinks he is" (or something to that effect) and I think about that a lot.

I feel like I haven't noticed Zadorov in a bad way very much lately. That could be because I haven't watched a ton of the games lately due to parental commitments. It could also be that he's just settled down and stopped doing stupid shit.

He has amazing physical abilities, and his biggest obstacle has been trying to do too much.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
In this Nov.21 article in the Sun Flames coach Sutter on Zadorov: ‘He’s been our best defenceman, clearly’ Coach Sutter explains where Zad has improved his game.

I like Zad's attitude. From the article...

“I’ve always been the guy, if there are some challenges, I would love to face them,” said Zadorov, who recently nudged past 500 career appearances at the NHL level. “You need to just go through it. Nobody is going to feel sorry for you, at the end of the day. There are so many young kids coming and they are stealing jobs. There is so much competition in this league.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flynn84

Khrox

May 31, 2018
My name is Dube Dube Doo, and I endorse this message.

I do have a bit of a soft spot for Zadorov though. Seems like a great guy.
And during a losing season, said he wanted to stay in Calgary, which is like... Nobody wants to stay when you're losing, so I have to assume he just really likes being here.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad