Tribute Nikita Zadorov Appreciation Thread

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Not ideal to have him in the division but you have to watch where he is when you are along the boards no matter what team you are on. It's just physics when he hits you.

Reactions: sethro109

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
giphy.gif
Plus one. I resigned myself to the fact that he was eventually going to be gone so I guess I am okay as of now. Even as a huge fan of him I just wish he had more consistency so we could've signed him to a long-term contract.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I’ll miss the guy. Not sure why Bednar didn’t like him but it was obvious he didn’t. It was in the cards.

I’ll still miss the guy, though.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I am going to miss the shit out of this guy. When he was on, he was definitely a game changer. His best game this season was against Boston and he completely shut down their top lime. I hope he flourishes and doesn’t kill any of our guys when we play the Hawks. Big Z was an absolute treat.

Reactions: McMetal

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I'm mostly going to miss those games where he played like we all hoped he could. Not even the big hits. I'm talking about where he was physical in the the defensive zone, skating well, assertive with the puck on his stick, and making smart plays. I remember thinking he could be a long-term top pair guy for us when he figured everything out. I genuinely hope that day comes for him, because the league is more fun with Nikita Zadorov in it. I just hope he doesn't murder any of our players with one of his classic hits.

Duchene was my favorite player for years, then he became Douchene and when he left I felt weird not having a "favorite". Then Z did hilarious things to opponents and soon cemented himself in my heart. He seems like a genuinely great dude and very funny.

Now I'm back to not having a favorite player. I genuinely used to smile and get excited when Z stepped on the ice, with great anticipation of some hilarity but it became more scarce over recent years.

Best of luck in Chicago, Z. You were the best.

May I humbly propose one of these fine gentlemen:
tenor.gif

6b4e132287f3d2443c42ba9bea190eaea55decd2.gifv

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I'm mostly going to miss those games where he played like we all hoped he could. Not even the big hits. I'm talking about where he was physical in the the defensive zone, skating well, assertive with the puck on his stick, and making smart plays. I remember thinking he could be a long-term top pair guy for us when he figured everything out. I genuinely hope that day comes for him, because the league is more fun with Nikita Zadorov in it. I just hope he doesn't murder any of our players with one of his classic hits.

May I humbly propose one of these fine gentlemen:
tenor.gif

6b4e132287f3d2443c42ba9bea190eaea55decd2.gifv

If I had to pick of the two it would be nasty Naz. That fight when he demolished Ryan Lindgren was a thing of beauty. I like these dudes that step up for their team. I think that side of me changed with Duchene becoming more about himself than the team. Since then the dudes who put their body on the line for their team mates are more appealing, so I can see Naz becoming that guy. Let's see what comes of this year and maybe someone else can take the coveted honor of being SirLoin's boy.

Reactions: MarkT

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
My favourites over the years are all gone too. At least now I know I'll get to watch Makar dummy people endlessly for 15 years at least.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
If I had to pick of the two it would be nasty Naz. That fight when he demolished Ryan Lindgren was a thing of beauty. I like these dudes that step up for their team. I think that side of me changed with Duchene becoming more about himself than the team. Since then the dudes who put their body on the line for their team mates are more appealing, so I can see Naz becoming that guy. Let's see what comes of this year and maybe someone else can take the coveted honor of being SirLoin's boy.

I've literally gone back to that Rangers game several times to watch the fight. I love Naz's instant reaction, then the look on Lindgren's face when he realizes he's getting the shit kicked out of him and should never have accepted the fight. Kadri showed absolutely no mercy. I wouldn't be shocked if a Rangers fan said Lindgren wasn't quite the same after that. That was pure old school hockey right there.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think the thing I liked best about him is that his hitting technique was damn near perfect. I mean, it obviously helps to be 6'5"/221, but he could easily have been a headhunter, and he isn't. Plants the shoulder into the chest like he's supposed to. Obviously there have been a few hits that pushed the envelope but he's not doing that "uppercut" technique that always seems to lead to concussions and other injuries.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I think the thing I liked best about him is that his hitting technique was damn near perfect. I mean, it obviously helps to be 6'5"/221, but he could easily have been a headhunter, and he isn't. Plants the shoulder into the chest like he's supposed to. Obviously there have been a few hits that pushed the envelope but he's not doing that "uppercut" technique that always seems to lead to concussions and other injuries.

But but but but.... what about slew foots? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Pokecheque

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I wouldn’t have dumped him just yet but I understand why they just didn’t want to sign him long term. So, I support the change of direction but I will miss the big goof. He’s a fun personality and a unique player.
Trading him for a top 6 winger with retention isn’t exactly “dumping”.

tshack

Apr 27, 2014
Anyone have that post game with Mac and Landy where they all knew Z wasn't going to get a question. And then he finally did!

Anders Cain

Formerly JordoMack
Jul 7, 2018
Nova Scotia
Ill resonate the posts before, I'll miss big Z. I love physical hockey, and I loved his hits, but even just watching opposing players come up to the blueline and dump it in, turning around because they knew he was on the ice. He could put the fear into people.... But his warts were ugly...

For a guy that big, why isnt he better at clearing the front of the net? Why does he get so lost on a cycle? One of the guys I really hoped was gonna put it all together and be the guy for us. I was so excited when we traded for him (minus losing O'Reilly), and a real shame he couldnt be a top pair guy for us. He would have been such a unique presence in a league like we have today.

Dont crush us, Z, pleaseee. Hopefully our guys know that when hes on the ice, we need to cycle hard on him lol.

Reactions: missionAvs

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Anyone have that post game with Mac and Landy where they all knew Z wasn't going to get a question. And then he finally did!
That happened in the Arizona series I think, where all the reporters were asking Mackinnon questions only, to the point that Mackinnon told them to ask Rantanen a question.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I think they were also laughing because they know Z loves the attention and was waiting for someone to ask him a question. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad