Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Dhaliwal with the perfect April Fools Day joke for this market to react to....

Well done. Many panties were bunched.

Knowing the sensitivity of the issue, I think that kinda joke is of bad taste, and a tad unprofessional.

Dhaliwal already deleted the tweet.

It's like saying hey Tavares is requesting a trade back to Islanders because he hates the Leafs.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
As far as Apr 1 jokes, it was pretty childish. I could see a poster doing it, but a journalist?

Anyhow, what is Tryamkin's status inVCR? Is he presently a RFA?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
As far as Apr 1 jokes, it was pretty childish. I could see a poster doing it, but a journalist?

Anyhow, what is Tryamkin's status inVCR? Is he presently a RFA?

Yup, RFA and we hold his rights until 2022.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A double April Fool's joke....Canucks just signed a goalie and a d-man out of the NCAA and are now up to the max 50 contracts. They wouldn't have a contract slot open to sign Tryamkin anyway.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
A double April Fool's joke....Canucks just signed a goalie and a d-man out of the NCAA and are now up to the max 50 contracts. They wouldn't have a contract slot open to sign Tryamkin anyway.

1. Pretty sure there are ways around this, in that some of the contracts will slide next year.

2. Posted this on another site. Part of the thing with Tryamkin was that if you take salary and taxes into account, he makes more money than he would on an ELC. (and he is more comfortable in Russia). Anyone know what his status will be when his present KHL contract concludes? I am assuming RFA, but it could be he needs to finish up his ELC. Which will affect his salary possibilities.

Can anyone answer the bolded above?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
1. Pretty sure there are ways around this, in that some of the contracts will slide next year.

2. Posted this on another site. Part of the thing with Tryamkin was that if you take salary and taxes into account, he makes more money than he would on an ELC. (and he is more comfortable in Russia). Anyone know what his status will be when his present KHL contract concludes? I am assuming RFA, but it could be he needs to finish up his ELC. Which will affect his salary possibilities.

Can anyone answer the bolded above?

Tryamkin, as a 22 year old, signed a 2-year ELC deal that spanned the 15-16 (13GP at end of year) and 16-17 (66GP) seasons. He is an RFA whose rights we own—he does not need to finish his ELC because it's already finished.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Watching Zdeno Chara continue to dominate a series at age 42, you can only speculate what Tryamkin might have meant to the Canucks over the past three years. He actually skates better than Chara, and is a one-man shutdown machine with his size and reach.

Now just watch Jimbo go out and throw everything but the kitchen sink at the agent for Tyler Myers or some other overpaid slug in a vain attempt to add some size to his blueline.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Watching Zdeno Chara continue to dominate a series at age 42, you can only speculate what Tryamkin might have meant to the Canucks over the past three years. He actually skates better than Chara, and is a one-man shutdown machine with his size and reach.

Now just watch Jimbo go out and throw everything but the kitchen sink at the agent for Tyler Myers or some other overpaid slug in a vain attempt to add some size to his blueline.
The Chara comparison is moronic. Yes they are both tall. Tryamkin isn’t even a Chara level competitor in the freaking KHL. Most over hyped Canuck player in a long time.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'm only in here because this thread stays near the top of the sub-forum for some reason. All I have to add is that I think the best part about this guy's entire story is that he basically went back to Russia because he thought Canucks management and coaches were incompetent, which is pretty hilarious.

Last edited:

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I'm only in here because this thread stays near the top of the sub-forum for some reason. All I have to add is that I think the best part about this guy's entire story is that he basically went back to Russia because he though Canucks management and coaches were incompetent, which is pretty hilarious.
I love to bash management as much as the next guy but still maintain the position of being homesick and most importantly marrying a religious traditional Russian woman

Reactions: shottasasa

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I'm only in here because this thread stays near the top of the sub-forum for some reason. All I have to add is that I think the best part about this guy's entire story is that he basically went back to Russia because he though Canucks management and coaches were incompetent, which is pretty hilarious.
That’s not true there were numerous reasons. Yes, he had an issue with playing time. Willie was a terrible coach but what rookie demands top pairing minutes? A clown that’s who

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
That’s not true there were numerous reasons. Yes, he had an issue with playing time. Willie was a terrible coach but what rookie demands top pairing minutes? A clown that’s who

I didn't say his opinion was correct, or appropriate. I just think it's hilarious given everything else that's going on.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
The Chara comparison is moronic. Yes they are both tall. Tryamkin isn’t even a Chara level competitor in the freaking KHL. Most over hyped Canuck player in a long time.
You don't think Tryamkin is a #4 shut down D in the KHL right now?

He wasn't talking about Norris winning Chara here, he's talking about 42 year old shutdown Chara this year, comparing their size and reach for shutting down offensive players.

Reactions: E40

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
You don't think Tryamkin is a #4 shut down D in the KHL right now?

He wasn't talking about Norris winning Chara here, he's talking about 42 year old shutdown Chara this year, comparing their size and reach for shutting down offensive players.
Was he? Sure, tryamkin is a fine defensive dman In the KHL. But the KHL isn’t close to the NHL. I believe Cam Barker was the top defensemen a year ago. Tryamkin looked ok because we had the worst defence in the league by a large margin a few years ago. He ain’t special

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Was he? Sure, tryamkin is a fine defensive dman In the KHL. But the KHL isn’t close to the NHL. I believe Cam Barker was the top defensemen a year ago. Tryamkin looked ok because we had the worst defence in the league by a large margin a few years ago. He ain’t special

The point was that he's comparing 42 year old Chara to Tryamkin. You said Tryamkin isn't even that in the KHL, except that Chara is a top 4 shut down d right now and Tryamkin is easily more than that in the KHL right now.

He wasn't comparing Norris winning Chara to Tryamkin.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
The point was that he's comparing 42 year old Chara to Tryamkin. You said Tryamkin isn't even that in the KHL, except that Chara is a top 4 shut down d right now and Tryamkin is easily more than that in the KHL right now.

He wasn't comparing Norris winning Chara to Tryamkin.
He made a comparison between Chara and Tryamkin which I think is silly. Did he mean 5 years ago or now? I’m not totally sure. Regardless, 42 year old Chara destroys 25 year old tryamkin

Reactions: MisfortuneCookie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad