Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Well I guess you didn't read my original post...........him and his parents bought houses here. Apparently his parents are moving here in the summer.

I know plenty of Russians in Vancouver. Vancouver is a very desirable place to live for most people (weed and all.......)

Like everything on here, we have micro-analyzed his comments to the point of ridiculous, and now that it is far enough removed people just accept peanut gallery interpretation as fact.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Well I guess you didn't read my original post...........him and his parents bought houses here. Apparently his parents are moving here in the summer.

I know plenty of Russians in Vancouver. Vancouver is a very desirable place to live for most people (weed and all.......)

I read your original post. I hope you are correct, and that my misgivings are unfounded.

I think Tryamkin would be a real difference maker, given his age, attributes, and where this team is currently at (young core, some good forward pieces, solid goaltending, small offensive D in the pipeline). But the team's track record with Russians . . .

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
upload_2019-3-29_0-43-48.png

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

How did it become apparent that his parents are moving here? Was the source one of your contacts among the Russians you know?

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
How did it become apparent that his parents are moving here? Was the source one of your contacts among the Russians you know?

I became friends with this guy on IG who lives in the city that Tryamkin plays in and is a huge fan of his. He has pics all over his IG of him and Tryamkin so I guess he knows him somewhat. He's been giving me updates on what's going on over there and he is the one who told me this (I tend to believe this but who knows - if you want an intro to this guy on IG lmk - lol). Was actually messaging him last night and asked how Tryamkin was playing - he said "He could be playing better" so I guess his play has dipped a bit. He thinks it's not that likely he will return next year but is almost positive that 20/21 he will be back with us.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's probably just as well that Tryamkin wasn't around during the last two train-wreck seasons in VanCity. He'll be back in time for this team resurgence, when most of the top prospects like Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes and Demko are into their third seasons.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I became friends with this guy on IG who lives in the city that Tryamkin plays in and is a huge fan of his. He has pics all over his IG of him and Tryamkin so I guess he knows him somewhat. He's been giving me updates on what's going on over there and he is the one who told me this (I tend to believe this but who knows - if you want an intro to this guy on IG lmk - lol). Was actually messaging him last night and asked how Tryamkin was playing - he said "He could be playing better" so I guess his play has dipped a bit. He thinks it's not that likely he will return next year but is almost positive that 20/21 he will be back with us.

He's not playing at all. Avtomobilist was eliminated from the playoffs about a week ago.

Through most of the playoffs he led the team in ice-time (which isn't proof he was playing well, but still ...)

Reactions: Luckylarry

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
It's probably just as well that Tryamkin wasn't around during the last two train-wreck seasons in VanCity. He'll be back in time for this team resurgence, when most of the top prospects like Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes and Demko are into their third seasons.

This season was going to be a down year after the Sedins retired and Vanek moved on but with Pettersson stepping into the 1C spot,Markstrom becoming a bona fide #1G,big development years from Horvat and Stetcher,and improvements in other young guys like Boeser,Hutton,Virtanen,and Gaudette,next year we should start to really turn it around.Hopefully this will entice Tryamkin to come back and be part of the new core.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
He's not playing at all. Avtomobilist was eliminated from the playoffs about a week ago.

Through most of the playoffs he led the team in ice-time (which isn't proof he was playing well, but still ...)

Yeah I just re-read what he wrote me and it said the season is over but there is a 9 game play-off - I had thought that his team was in it but apparently not. He was obviously referring to when he was playing then I suppose. Leading the team in ice time is great however as you mentioned that doesn't necessarily mean that he's playing as well as he could.

Either way I really hope they don't trade his rights. He could be a huge addition to our team. With the emergence of Hughes and if OJ can step it up (a big if) along with Schenn all of a sudden our D wouldn't look like a tire fire if and when Tryamkin re-joins us. Things would be a lot better then they seem...........if those things happen.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
guys I'm still hopeful Kiril Koltsov will come back

For many years I've talked about what could have been if Koltsov was brought back. But it's too bad. He's 36 and 5-6 years past his prime.

Okay, is there any new news on him? Anything at all reputable that indicates he might want to come back or play here ever again?

Anything?

Last I heard his season has ended but he has another year left on his contract and will probably play it out.

Reactions: timw33

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Yeah I just re-read what he wrote me and it said the season is over but there is a 9 game play-off - I had thought that his team was in it but apparently not. He was obviously referring to when he was playing then I suppose. Leading the team in ice time is great however as you mentioned that doesn't necessarily mean that he's playing as well as he could.

Either way I really hope they don't trade his rights. He could be a huge addition to our team. With the emergence of Hughes and if OJ can step it up (a big if) along with Schenn all of a sudden our D wouldn't look like a tire fire if and when Tryamkin re-joins us. Things would be a lot better then they seem...........if those things happen.

He did play in the playoffs, which started a few weeks ago, but his team was eliminated.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Did Tryamkin’s agent mention anything about Willie D, and his stupid “play tough like Pronger” videos?
There is no way we should have lost this player. How come we didn’t help his young wife adjust to life here? How come there wasn’t proper support for him and his wife off the ice? I wonder if teams like Washington and Tampa do things differently for their new Russian born players and families?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Did Tryamkin’s agent mention anything about Willie D, and his stupid “play tough like Pronger” videos?
There is no way we should have lost this player. How come we didn’t help his young wife adjust to life here? How come there wasn’t proper support for him and his wife off the ice? I wonder if teams like Washington and Tampa do things differently for their new Russian born players and families?
I think a big part of the reason might be that outside of the hardcore fans of their NHL team, nobody really cares about hockey in places like Washington, Tampa, Florida and Carolina. It's a lot easier for hockey players generally, and I imagine Russian players in particular, to just blend in. Nobody recognizes them once they get past the rink parking lot.

Contrast that to a Canadian market where every player is scrutinized 24-7. It's one of the reasons Bure wanted out. Then there's the whole income tax and state tax advantages in playing with U.S. franchises. I think Canadian cities will always be at a disadvantage when it comes to signing Russian players.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Confirmed to be an April fools joke. Not really funny.

He should have just a photoshop of the new jersey... adding a CANUCKS wordmark under the logo in additon to VANCOUVER wordmarks over the shoulder patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad