Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
He's a big guy that can skate so those types of players are always valuable even if he doesn't play as physical as we'd like. The Canucks shouldn't close the door on him if he's willing to come back

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Many teams would be interested in acquiring Tryamkin. Most likely go for picks at next year's TDL or summer of '19 provided he indicates he wants to come back. Though he would look good on a 2nd or 3rd pairing right side. Whether they trade him or want him back depends a little on how Woo progresses over the next 18 months. Kid seems to be dominating his current level - interested to see what he looks like at the prospects camp and at training camp...

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I’s rather buyout his contract so he can come back next season. I don’t want to wait until 2021...

It would be nice to see the Canucks aggressive on getting him next year. This defence needs to be vastly reshaped for next season and needs some new parts. Have to think he would be an upgrade on the 3rd pair over Pouliot and Guddy.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
It would be nice to see the Canucks aggressive on getting him next year. This defence needs to be vastly reshaped for next season and needs some new parts. Have to think he would be an upgrade on the 3rd pair over Pouliot and Guddy.
Left side is looking ok with Edler, Hughes and Juolevi coming, and Hutton looking like he could be part of a solid bottom pair with anyone other than Gudbranson.
The right side is not nearly as strong. Tanev is solid. While I like Stecher, him on a list with Gudbranson and Biega for the 2nd and 3rd pairing right side don't inspire any dreams of a consistently competitive D core.
I could see the following starting the 20/21 season:
Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Juolevi/Hutton-Tryamkin
Hutton/Juolevi

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Looking back on his most recent 4 games, he's either deployed with the most amount of shifts (d-man) or he's top 1 / 2 for Time on Ice (for d-man)
So he's definitely an individual that the coaches trust to deploy in all situations. A #1 d-man on the best team in the Eastern Conference.

But you can also see the disparity between SKA and CSKA. His team might be the best in the East, but isn't in the same tier as CSKA / SKA in the West

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
I often ask myself if people here would be so excited about this guy if he were 5'10" and 185 lbs. He certainly didn't knock me out with his skill when he was here...
I don't expect him to be an anchor on this defense core for years to come. I would agree with you if he was a winger. But d-man capable of handling NHL minutes are hard to come by.
The Canucks aren't Nashville. The Preds could afford to lose Sam Girard and Seth Jones and still end up with a respectable d-core. If Tree doesn't work out then he becomes another Pouliot, but you gotta at least give it a try.

Just look at Igor Ozhiganov with the Leafs or Kiselevich with the Panthers. They play a moderate amount of minutes each night and are carefully deployed.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I don't expect him to be an anchor on this defense core for years to come. I would agree with you if he was a winger. But d-man capable of handling NHL minutes are hard to come by.
The Canucks aren't Nashville. The Preds could afford to lose Sam Girard and Seth Jones and still end up with a respectable d-core. If Tree doesn't work out then he becomes another Pouliot, but you gotta at least give it a try.

Just look at Igor Ozhiganov with the Leafs or Kiselevich with the Panthers. They play a moderate amount of minutes each night and are carefully deployed.

I agree that he should been given a second look but he might well end up being the second coming of Guddy especially if we bend over backwards to get him back and throw big money at him. His upside is indeed tantalizing but his attitude towards us is suspect IMHO.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I don't believe tryamkin comes back here.

Love to have him back and will be pleasantly surprised if he does return.

With how he believes he was treated and how he probably perceives his friend being treated, I can not see it happening.

If the Canucks trade his rights in the near future I would fully understand.

Reactions: daddyohsix

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Word is Jimbo is finally into a blueline 'remake' for the Canucks. And re-signing Tryamkin as a potential top-four d-man would hasten the overhaul. Hughes is guaranteed and Juolevi is still a potential candidate, who wasn't picked fifth overall to play in Utica.

Really keeping my fingers crossed for Jett Woo. After Tanev, the right side of the Canucks blueline is a black hole. They really need to try and deal Sutter for some blueline help.

But Benning is finally at the point where he seems determined not to bring the same d-men back next season. About time!

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I often ask myself if people here would be so excited about this guy if he were 5'10" and 185 lbs. He certainly didn't knock me out with his skill when he was here...
The reason they wouldn't be as excited would be because becoming smaller would cause him to lose the qualities that make him effective, so I'm not sure how this is a meaningful comment.

His strength, balance, and reach are excellent. If he were 5'10'' and 185lbs while somehow impossibly retaining those qualities, while being as positionally strong as he's been, as reliable of a workhorse in his own end and as solid of a skater, absolutely I would be every bit as excited about him at that size.

He played like a borderline top 4 defense-man when he was here and improved after leaving. Adding him back would go a long way towards restoring my faith in this team's chances, personally.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
So I have an official update regarding Tryamkin (as official as it would appear to get on this thread at least).

I follow him on IG And whenever he posts something I try to comment imploring him to come back to Van (this is a communal service for us - anyone else who would like to join in his handle is
nikita_tryamkin88 - his club is hcavtomobilist).

Anyhow one of his teams fans hit me up and we started conversing.
My newfound friend is very Russian and what would appear to be a big hockey fan. (He sent me a pic of him in his teams jersey on the ice with Tryamkin). He had the following to say:

*Tryamkin lost his captaincy this year due to the team obtaining Canadian Nigel Dawes (whom I can only assume took over the captaincy).
*The games he missed this year were due to illness and nothing more.
*The salaries over there are apparently undisclosed however he mentioned Tryamkin is probably making around 1 mill a year (USD)
*He thinks that Tryamkin will return to Vancouver in 2021 - and won’t buy out his contract with his club next year as the club has a mandate to win the championship and apparently needs him.
*He told me that Tryamkin and his parents bought houses in Vancouver. His parents will be moving to Vancouver this summer.
*Last game he played every second shift.
*After his stint in Vancouver he played a lot better in Russia (then previously).

BTW - the pic I liked I believe was him at the All Star game dinner - he’s an allstar this year (along with 3 of his teammates).

We’ve just had such a dearth of info on this guy it’s nice to hear some actual news. Take it with a grain of salt but this guy is a big hockey fan and his IG is all about hockey. Anyhoo I tend to think Tryamkin could be an important part of our team eventually. The last thing I want us to do is trade him or his rights. We absolutely MUST give this guy a shot at being part of our team again - even if it is in 2021.

Certainly sounds like he has every intent of returning here sooner or later. Great news for us. Any reality that Pouliot level players are not on our team is a good one……..

That is all. My work here is done………:thumbu:

f***ing awesome. :cool:

As has been stated, the Canucks will need Tryamkin to help shore up that right side. Stecher and Gudbranson aren’t acceptable Top 4/2nd pairing d-men on a good team whereas I believe that Tryamkin is....or can very easily develop into one. That would help take pressure off of Tanev, or whoever is slated to be our top pairing RD one day.

Tanev
Tryamkin
Stecher/Gudbranson

Is not great, but isn’t terrible either.

Edler/Hughes-Tanev
Hughes/Edler-Tryamkin
Hutton/Juolevi-Stecher/Gudbranson/Woo

My hope is that regardless of what happens, the Canucks stay away from the Karlsson sweepstakes (will cost 10 million+) and instead, see where Hughes is in his development and where the team is as a whole.

If the Canucks, in 2019/2020 are a 2nd round calibre team OR push an elite team to the brink in a 1st round loss, THEN I’d go after Alex Pietrangelo......a player that I don’t think will have an AAV equal to or greater than 9 million (maybe in the 8-9 millionish range?.....8 million/John Carlsonesque money?).

Once you do that, you can explore options of moving on from Chris Tanev to free up cap space.

2020/2021 defense:

Hughes-Pietrangelo
Edler-Tryamkin
Juolevi-[Stecher/Gudbranson/Woo]

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
We absolutely MUST give this guy a shot at being part of our team again - even if it is in 2021.

Thank you so much for the update. But I thought Tryamkin signed a 3 year contract? His contract should expire in summer 2020.

Difference between 2020 and 2021 can be significant besides considering where the team is at. Contractually, the Canucks can bring Tryamkin back on a one year contract and he would still be a RFA if he comes back in 2020. If he comes back in 2021, the Canucks need to make a decision on length of contract. Of course, the chances are that if the Canucks do manage to bring Tryamkin back it would be on a 2+ year contract.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Thank you so much for the update. But I thought Tryamkin signed a 3 year contract? His contract should expire in summer 2020.

Difference between 2020 and 2021 can be significant besides considering where the team is at. Contractually, the Canucks can bring Tryamkin back on a one year contract and he would still be a RFA if he comes back in 2020. If he comes back in 2021, the Canucks need to make a decision on length of contract. Of course, the chances are that if the Canucks do manage to bring Tryamkin back it would be on a 2+ year contract.

Yes he signed a 3 year contract - that's why i stated that the sentiments were that he would return in 2021 - once his contract expires. He is eligible technically to negotiate a buyout with his club after this season for the final year - and at 1 million salary per year that is possible however according to my new found Russian friend he mentioned that is unlikely that happens as most likely his club will be quite reluctant to let him go.

The most plausible scenario is that he returns in 2021 - that is unless the Canucks trade his rights - something I REALLY DO NOT WANT the team to do although there have been whisperings that the Canucks are not enamoured with him and his apparent attitude so who knows? I think that would be a huge mistake as you will probably be selling him off at around 50% of his true worth if you do decide to move on from him.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Yes he signed a 3 year contract - that's why i stated that the sentiments were that he would return in 2021 - once his contract expires. He is eligible technically to negotiate a buyout with his club after this season for the final year - and at 1 million salary per year that is possible however according to my new found Russian friend he mentioned that is unlikely that happens as most likely his club will be quite reluctant to let him go.

The most plausible scenario is that he returns in 2021 - that is unless the Canucks trade his rights - something I REALLY DO NOT WANT the team to do although there have been whisperings that the Canucks are not enamoured with him and his apparent attitude so who knows? I think that would be a huge mistake as you will probably be selling him off at around 50% of his true worth if you do decide to move on from him.
What am I missing?....his contract is three years with next year (19/20) being the last year. Doesn't that mean he can return in the summer of 2020 for the 20/21 season?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Keep in mind his spouse doesnt like it here, and they could very well have kids in the next while (it happens, sometimes when you least expect it). For a Swede, I could totally see making a decision to have a young family in Vancouver. For a Russian, I dont see it the same.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Keep in mind his spouse doesnt like it here, and they could very well have kids in the next while (it happens, sometimes when you least expect it). For a Swede, I could totally see making a decision to have a young family in Vancouver. For a Russian, I dont see it the same.

Well I guess you didn't read my original post...........him and his parents bought houses here. Apparently his parents are moving here in the summer.

I know plenty of Russians in Vancouver. Vancouver is a very desirable place to live for most people (weed and all.......)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->