Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
I think it was projected that he was likely making about 400-500k USD in the KHL Buying out a KHL contract is where things are a little obscure. Generally I think in order to buyout the contract, the player must pay the team half of what he is still owed in wages, however I have heard that each buyout is negotiated in their contract. Also, his NHL team can not help pay for it, it must basically come out of his pocket... or a loan I suppose, whatever. Regardless, the Canucks can't help. Having said that, I'm pretty sure he could find a way. Hell, start a GoFundMe and help the guy out. :)

Now if he was to sign a contract with the Canucks, people were suggesting that a 4m/year deal would not be out of the question. Like many young players, sometimes they get paid more for where they are projecting than what they have done.

If you take a NHL 4m/year contract... even after buying out his contract and taxes, he would still come out ahead playing in the NHL.

I think we could "help" by giving either a front-loaded contract or putting a significant amount as a signing bonus which would give him the upfront cashflow to buy out his KHL contract. Even if there was a gap of a couple months where he'd technically need to buy out the contract before signing the NHL one, that could be handled with a line of credit with the signal from the Canucks to the bank that he's good for it with a contract waiting.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I have full confidence with the way that Green has treated the current young players that he could get the most out of Tryamkin. He knows how to get the young players to work harder and improve. Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, Goldobin, Hutton, Virtanen, Stetcher and even Gaudette.... they are our young core going forward and they have all played extremely well.

Can't wait to see how he works with Hughes, Juolevi, Tryamkin and this years 1st round pick.

Reactions: Nomobo

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I think we could "help" by giving either a front-loaded contract or putting a significant amount as a signing bonus which would give him the upfront cashflow to buy out his KHL contract. Even if there was a gap of a couple months where he'd technically need to buy out the contract before signing the NHL one, that could be handled with a line of credit with the signal from the Canucks to the bank that he's good for it with a contract waiting.

Not allowed. The Canucks can not offer him a contract and start paying him until AFTER Tryamkin buys out his contract. I do think though that if Tryamkin really wanted to, he'd have the finances to buy out his contract after this season. Typically the player must pay 50% of what is left on the deal back to the club, so if he makes 600K (Max I would think), he'd owe $300k. I think he'd be able to manage to scrape that together.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Bullcrap. He is what we are missing. QH and Juolevi will provide the missing PMD that we need. He could be the big stalwart we are long missing. We have nothing in the system that comes close to his adding to our potential legitimate playoff contender 2 years form now. He can skate, big body who can handle minutes and doesn't go down with injury.

I would fire Green if he can't manage to handle this guy with kid gloves and get him to fit in. I'd far rather have Try than Green. If we get a top 6 forward in the draft this year, Try is literally the piece of the puzzle that would make us a contender.

"we could have been a contender!"

I wholeheartedly ageee on Tryamkin’s value as a player to our roster. I’m saying with Green’s high expectations for players, he could take his ball and go home again. I don’t be think we should be firing a coach that looks to be turning around the team and getting the most out of our young core as he has (Hutton, Goldobin, Markstrom, Boeser, Horvat, Pettersson).

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
So I have an official update regarding Tryamkin (as official as it would appear to get on this thread at least).

I follow him on IG And whenever he posts something I try to comment imploring him to come back to Van (this is a communal service for us - anyone else who would like to join in his handle is
nikita_tryamkin88 - his club is hcavtomobilist).

Anyhow one of his teams fans hit me up and we started conversing.
My newfound friend is very Russian and what would appear to be a big hockey fan. (He sent me a pic of him in his teams jersey on the ice with Tryamkin). He had the following to say:

*Tryamkin lost his captaincy this year due to the team obtaining Canadian Nigel Dawes (whom I can only assume took over the captaincy).
*The games he missed this year were due to illness and nothing more.
*The salaries over there are apparently undisclosed however he mentioned Tryamkin is probably making around 1 mill a year (USD)
*He thinks that Tryamkin will return to Vancouver in 2021 - and won’t buy out his contract with his club next year as the club has a mandate to win the championship and apparently needs him.
*He told me that Tryamkin and his parents bought houses in Vancouver. His parents will be moving to Vancouver this summer.
*Last game he played every second shift.
*After his stint in Vancouver he played a lot better in Russia (then previously).

BTW - the pic I liked I believe was him at the All Star game dinner - he’s an allstar this year (along with 3 of his teammates).

We’ve just had such a dearth of info on this guy it’s nice to hear some actual news. Take it with a grain of salt but this guy is a big hockey fan and his IG is all about hockey. Anyhoo I tend to think Tryamkin could be an important part of our team eventually. The last thing I want us to do is trade him or his rights. We absolutely MUST give this guy a shot at being part of our team again - even if it is in 2021.

Certainly sounds like he has every intent of returning here sooner or later. Great news for us. Any reality that Pouliot level players are not on our team is a good one……..

That is all. My work here is done………:thumbu:

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
So I have an official update regarding Tryamkin (as official as it would appear to get on this thread at least).

I follow him on IG And whenever he posts something I try to comment imploring him to come back to Van (this is a communal service for us - anyone else who would like to join in his handle is

My newfound friend is very Russian and what would appear to be a big hockey fan. (He sent me a pic of him in his teams jersey on the ice with Tryamkin). He had the following to say:

*Tryamkin lost his captaincy this year due to the team obtaining Canadian Nigel Dawes (whom I can only assume took over the captaincy).
*The salaries over there are apparently undisclosed however he mentioned Tryamkin is probably making around 1 mill a year (USD)
*He thinks that Tryamkin will return to Vancouver in 2021 - and won’t buy out his contract with his club next year as the club has a mandate to win the championship and apparently needs him.
*He told me that Tryamkin and his parents bought houses in Vancouver. His parents will be moving to Vancouver this summer.
*After his stint in Vancouver he played a lot better in Russia (then previously).

BTW - the pic I liked I believe was him at the All Star game dinner - he’s an allstar this year (along with 3 of his teammates).

We’ve just had such a dearth of info on this guy it’s nice to hear some actual news. Take it with a grain of salt but this guy is a big hockey fan and his IG is all about hockey. Anyhoo I tend to think Tryamkin could be an important part of our team eventually. The last thing I want us to do is trade him or his rights. We absolutely MUST give this guy a shot at being part of our team again - even if it is in 2021.

Certainly sounds like he has every intent of returning here sooner or later. Great news for us. Any reality that Pouliot level players are not on our team is a good one……..

I wonder if the house they bought is beside Gaborik's?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013

The parents moving to Vancouver thing is interesting if true. 2021 is so far away though. :(

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

No way we take this p***y back in 2021. He could be a leader in Utica however

Last edited:

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I might be mistaken but I think his KHL contract ends after next season (2020), which means he will be free to return for the 20/21 season. That's not that far off. Canucks retain his rights until 2022 July 1st, I believe.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
No way we take this ***** back in 2021. He could be a leader in Utica however

Yeah you are right.........let's keep Pouliot and Gudbranson...........maybe we can find another Del Zotto to sign this offseason too........and thankfully we have a ton more D depth in Utica on the way so Tryamkin is definitely expendable *insert huge eye roll.

Really now? You sound like you are prideful and upset that he scorned us to go back to Russia. GET OVER IT............have you looked at our options on D? Yeah.......we aren't exactly blessed with a bevy of high quality D men.

Add in Hughes and Tryamkin and possibly OJ and things suddenly don't seem soo bad.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I often ask myself if people here would be so excited about this guy if he were 5'10" and 185 lbs. He certainly didn't knock me out with his skill when he was here...

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah you are right.........let's keep Pouliot and Gudbranson...........maybe we can find another Del Zotto to sign this offseason too........and thankfully we have a ton more D depth in Utica on the way so Tryamkin is definitely expendable *insert huge eye roll.

Really now? You sound like you are prideful and upset that he scorned us to go back to Russia. GET OVER IT............have you looked at our options on D? Yeah.......we aren't exactly blessed with a bevy of high quality D men.

Add in Hughes and Tryamkin and possibly OJ and things suddenly don't seem soo bad.
I don’t like him. And his teammates hated him. My opinion is I don’t want him back. Deal with it (insert eye roll )

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Not really banking on him coming back....(I projected him coming back next season, and blowing off the last year of his KHL contract)...It would look pretty good though,having that 2014 draft trifecta of Virtanen,Demko and Tryamkin on the team.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
are there quotes?
No, Cooper told me he was leaving a month before it was announced due to these reasons. Benning was full of sh!t when he said he was surprised. Heard it from a few players as well. Probably the reason the .org doesn’t talk about him because they don’t want him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad