Player Discussion Nikita Tryamkin | V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Var

Nov 10, 2007
From what I gather, he certainly feels more comfortable being the big fish in a smaller pond rather than having to compete for his ice time. Saw his lower ice time as a coaching problem instead of a Tryamkin problem. Who knows, maybe in a year or two he'll be more inclined to see it as a challenge.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
From what I gather, he certainly feels more comfortable being the big fish in a smaller pond rather than having to compete for his ice time. Saw his lower ice time as a coaching problem instead of a Tryamkin problem. Who knows, maybe in a year or two he'll be more inclined to see it as a challenge.

His coach was Willie D.

Who played Sbisa more than Trammers.

Can't make this stuff up.

Reactions: mathonwy

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
What?

Since when did the Canucks become a meritocracy under Green?

Sounds like a paid mouthpiece of the org.

Dhaliwal was referring to how Green has treated guys like MDZ and Pouilot. And scratching Boeser and making Virtanen/Goldobin earn everything.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Might be time for Tryamkin to do some self reflection.

At which point does he start to realize that the problems arent teams and coaches but its his character and mind set.

Lots of careers are ruined more by mental make up rather than physical limitations.

He is still young so im hoping he can turn it around.

However, if he continues to have this entitlement issue and lacks the fire and fight to actually work hard and accomolish something then i have no issue of him not ever playing another game for us

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
His coach was Willie D.

Who played Sbisa more than Trammers.

Can't make this stuff up.

Megna! Get on that top line right now!

Chaput! You're with the Sedins!

Vey! Here's some powerplay minutes that you don't deserve!

Granlund! Overtime, your turn to shine, go go go!

Horvat...please stop raising your hand when I ask who wants to be the next 2C.

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Dhaliwal was referring to how Green has treated guys like MDZ and Pouilot. And scratching Boeser and making Virtanen/Goldobin earn everything.

You mean like all the PP time he gifted Pouilot?

Or the time he scratched Boeser after he killed it in the pre-season, and showed no sign of fatigue?

Or the time he scratched Goldy after one of his best games, while LE and Granlund are still in the lineup night after night?

Yeah . . . no.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
In reality if Tryamkin's conditioning wasn't up to standards, he would have been benched under Green as well, but he probably would have drawn into the lineup much sooner, which was the main cause of Tryamkin's frustrations.

Tryamkin is older now. He has now seen what life can be life (good and bad) playing in the KHL. He has seen guys go to the NHL and not get much of an opportunity. He has seen Goldy play his way up Canucks' lineup. Tryamkin may very well have a different perspective and he should look at the lineup and see that there's a real chance for him to earn a spot and playing time.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
You mean like all the PP time he gifted Pouilot?

Or the time he scratched Boeser after he killed it in the pre-season, and showed no sign of fatigue?

Or the time he scratched Goldy after one of his best games, while LE and Granlund are still in the lineup night after night?

Yeah . . . no.

Lmao i guess you didnt watch Building Brock.

It was said and documented that Brock was the one that went to Green telling him he was feeling tired and not himself and not ready to start the season. Hence the 2 game scratch.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

It was said and documented that Brock was the one that went to Green telling him he was feeling tired and not himself and not ready to start the season. Hence the 2 game scratch.

Please provide this documentation.

Please provide any evidence of him being fatigued that was written before he was scratched and everyone freaked out about it, sending them scrambling for a story.

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

No I didn't watch it.

What was said? What was documented?

Here is what I have to go on:

“Whatever the coach thinks is best, I’m keeping a positive attitude,” Boeser assured reporters after Wednesday’s practice at the University of B.C. “Obviously, I want to be in the lineup because I’m a competitive kid and want to help the team win. But if I’m not in the lineup, I’ll still be positive and help the team any way I can.
“I try not to be negative in any way. I try to be positive and a good team guy. Obviously, I want the team to win. That’s the main goal.”

and

“I’m not going to get into exactly what I tell the players. But I will tell you this: I’ve talked to Brock and he understands it. He actually agrees with it.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This feels like the Kirill Koltsov saga that lasted until 2007 before we knew he wasn't coming back.

Reactions: timw33

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
The big issue with Tryamkin is, I assume, that he will only come back if he is guaranteed a spot. Next year we add Hughes and probably Juolevi onto the roster.

Tanev and Edler (I assume he will re-sign) are locks.
Hutton (RFA) Stecher Tryamkin Juolevi and Hughes will be fighting for 4 spots.

MDZ is UFA
Pouliot RFA
Biega is signed.

We constantly complain about our D, but we could have 10 D men fighting for 6 spots. I can't see re-signing MDZ if it looks like NT is coming back. If no Tryamkin, then Biega / Pouliot are 7 / 8.

This is all assuming none of Brisebois, Sautner, Eliot, Chatfield or McEneny makes a splash at training camp. Or our 1st round pick this year is a ready D man (doubtful). Or that Woo or Rathbone or someone else turns heads.

Edit - massive error in this post. I left out Gudbranson entirely. sorry, and its just that much more complicated ...

Last edited:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The big issue with Tryamkin is, I assume, that he will only come back if he is guaranteed a spot. Next year we add Hughes and probably Juolevi onto the roster.

I think this whole "guaranteed spot" issue with Tryamkin is really a nonissue. In reality, you bring him back thinking he's going to be a regular in your lineup. If you think he's a depth player you're probably not trying too hard to get him back. If he signs for one year then if it doensn't work out and he goes back to Russia then so be it. If it's a 2 year deal or more then you should be giving him every chance to establish himself.

Unless he has permanently regressed since the last time I saw him, I think that Tryamkin is an NHL calibre Dman. There is really little risk to gifting him a spot. The question is what his upside will be and what contract to sign him to if he's agreeable to coming back.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Please provide this documentation.

Please provide any evidence of him being fatigued that was written before he was scratched and everyone freaked out about it, sending them scrambling for a story.
Why would there be written documentation of Boeser being fatigued? You're asking for a standard of evidence you know almost certainly doesn't exist and whose absence doesn't indicate you're right.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I think this whole "guaranteed spot" issue with Tryamkin is really a nonissue. In reality, you bring him back thinking he's going to be a regular in your lineup. If you think he's a depth player you're probably not trying too hard to get him back. If he signs for one year then if it doensn't work out and he goes back to Russia then so be it. If it's a 2 year deal or more then you should be giving him every chance to establish himself.

Unless he has permanently regressed since the last time I saw him, I think that Tryamkin is an NHL calibre Dman. There is really little risk to gifting him a spot. The question is what his upside will be and what contract to sign him to if he's agreeable to coming back.

hmm what u are stating is what I intended. I agree, my concern is that the canucks may go the approach that he has to earn a spot. Which is a mistake. If he comes back this next year, then there is going to be a lot of players fighting over very few spots. Of course, this assumes we re-sign Edler.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
People are debating about whether or not Tryamkin should be gifted a spot in the lineup? Geezus.........have any of these people actually seen the state of our defence? The immortal Derrick Pouliot is a regular on our defence. Enough said......

I would love to see him come over this year - should be easier for him to do with only one year left on his deal. At the least he's a top 6 guy on our team and will be given every opportunity of playing himself into a top 4 role. Will probably take some adjusting again but I think this time around he should be better prepared and have a coach that has a clue how to deal with him.

No way we should give up on this guy. He has all the tools to become a top pairing guy - if he can get his mental game in check and the organization and him can get on the same page when it comes to expectations and usage then we ABSOLUTELY MUST give this guy a solid shot. Guys like him don't come along very often and out of all the guys we have in the pipeline him and Hughes have the most potential for dramatically impacting our team.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Why would there be written documentation of Boeser being fatigued? You're asking for a standard of evidence you know almost certainly doesn't exist and whose absence doesn't indicate you're right.

If there isn’t proof, then how can someone make such a sure claim? So surely, there is proof?

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I would easily take him back and give him Pouliot, Gudbranson, DZ's etc minutes. Would rather see what Nikita can do over them.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I think Tryamkin's case is a unique one. I believe he can thrive with the right coaching...would love to see him battling in front of the net and swatting pucks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad