Player Discussion Nikita Tryamkin | V

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

I still fall for it every time. I see this thread bumped and I think there might be some actual news about him. Ooooo he instagrammed...whoop-de-****ing-do.

:banghead:
More to a team sport than just hoping pal

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Welll.... this news kinda flies in the face of the narrative he's having a bad season.

Kinda supports that the captaincy ordeal is a purely a political issue... which is how how he got it in the first place.

Great news overall for us anyway in regards to his progression.
Great news for him for his next contract.

Why is this great news for us??? He is NEVER coming back

Reactions: JuniorNelson

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
It's a small thing but he broke Richardsons leg not his collarbone, and that was as product of him falling on him not from the force of hit.

I think people have this idea of tryamkin in their head of being a monster who used his size destroying guys when that wasn't really the case. He's big but he's not using his size like Scott Stevens 2.0.
You're totally right, I knew it was leg the whole time but still typed collar bone.... Whoops. Agree that he's not a brusier that will overly throw his weight around. He's a mobile defenceman that just happens to have size. However him as a defensive net front presence would be a huge addition to our roster as the only one who can some what adequately clear the net is Gudbrandson but all the other mistakes he makes is a detriment.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I believe there was speculation that Tryamkin would have returned to Avtomobilist's line-up by now, but he did not play today. Does anyone have any detail about the nature of his injury? @FroshaugFan2 ?

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
I believe there was speculation that Tryamkin would have returned to Avtomobilist's line-up by now, but he did not play today. Does anyone have any detail about the nature of his injury? @FroshaugFan2 ?
Haven't been able to find any details of the injury or updates. Though he wasn't called up to the Russian national team because of the injury. Their first game is December 13th.

The December 7th date was based on this Russian article. I guess that was a best case scenario.

«Автомобилист» поместил в список травмированных Никиту Трямкина

Reactions: lindgren

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Haven't been able to find any details of the injury or updates. Though he wasn't called up to the Russian national team because of the injury. Their first game is December 13th.

The December 7th date was based on this Russian article. I guess that was a best case scenario.

Maybe they're still using the Julian calendar (one of the main reasons Napoleon was able to win his arguably his greatest victory - the battle of Austerlitz).

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

Maybe they're still using the Julian calendar (one of the main reasons Napoleon was able to win his arguably his greatest victory - the battle of Austerlitz).

So from one poster we get details based on a translation from the Russian, and from the other we get a history lesson. There should be a stronger option than just "like."

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
I don't quite get why he's so desired when he left? I get that he was utilized poorly... but that doesn't exactly scream someone who would be a good teammate? It implies a player more concerned with themself than the team... and with people already getting pissed at Gudbranson not "stepping up" for the team, is a defenseman like Tryamkin any likelier to?

I wouldnt expect him to be Chara, or a thug... but feels like the team and a big portions of fans expected that and still expect him to be that if he came back.

Is the hope that with a better team environment and better usage he would be more committed to the team?

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I don't quite get why he's so desired when he left? I get that he was utilized poorly... but that doesn't exactly scream someone who would be a good teammate? It implies a player more concerned with themself than the team... and with people already getting pissed at Gudbranson not "stepping up" for the team, is a defenseman like Tryamkin any likelier to?

I wouldnt expect him to be Chara, or a thug... but feels like the team and a big portions of fans expected that and still expect him to be that if he came back.

Is the hope that with a better team environment and better usage he would be more committed to the team?

It lies in the fact we saw him as a raw rookie... The hope is based on potential and development. What we may have in an asset with an additional 3 yrs of pro experience under his belt.

He was showing signs of being a difference making dman with how difficult he was to play against with his reach and gap control... and occasional casual looking bumps along the boards resulting in bouncing people to the ice.

So now let's see what he looks like with some real confidence and experience in his game. That's where the hope lies.
- for me anyway...

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada

He was one of our better d-men by the end of his last season, and was one of the only bright spots on the team at that time.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Not sure if he will come back to Vancouver, but if it doesn't look positive in the fairly near future maybe move his rights for some sort of draft pick.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Not sure if he will come back to Vancouver, but if it doesn't look positive in the fairly near future maybe move his rights for some sort of draft pick.
People around him have said he'll want to come back, he's said he wants to come back but wants to finish his contract... we own his rights even when his contract in Russia is up.

You MIGHT get a 6th round pick for his rights... I'd rather hold on until he has basically come out and said "I'll come back when Vancouver nolonger owns my rights".

Too much potential to not wait, particularly when everything points to him coming back.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

Please no. I would not trade him for less than a decent 1st round pick, because I believe he will be a legit player in the NHL for 9 or 10 years. We are nearing half way through our season, he could be back in 2019 and very likely by 2020.

We add Juolevi Hughes and Tryamkin to our D we look legit. With Woo upcoming as well.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
If we can get seconds for juolevi or tryamkin we should be all over that.
I would take 2 nd for Tryamkin but you wouldn’t be offered one. He is not just going to show up in 2 years and rock the NHL after playing in an inferior league. He had a ways to go as a good NHL defenceman last time we saw him.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Rick Dhaliwal on 650 just confirmed that Tryamkin is having issues w. His coach in the KHL.

Apparently Tryamkin is unhappy about playing time and role....hmmm sounds familiar.

Dhaliwal also expressed that there is definitely "character concerns" with Tryamkin and that his attitude "stinks" ..elaborated about enetitlement etcc..

Finally Dhaliwal says that Tryamkin wouldnt survive a Travid Green training camp where everything is earned and nothing is given.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Is it wrong for a player to want more minutes? Yes he has to earn them, but I thought he was under utilized when he was here. I think he was being "punished" for not being Chris Pronger.

Reactions: daddyohsix

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’m not convinced that he’d be a major improvement. But he’d be a free asset so no risk. The more competition for spots the better.
Not sure he’d be happy in a limited role though and he hasn’t shown enough to be a top 4 guy right away especially once Hughes comes up.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Is it wrong for a player to want more minutes? Yes he has to earn them, but I thought he was under utilized when he was here. I think he was being "punished" for not being Chris Pronger.

Maybe this was it...I really liked his tools, but for me, he never quite had the package- he was more potential. It seemed like he needed to figure some things out and learn to be consistently the player who played to his strengths. I don't think that he needed to be Chris Pronger, but certainly he was not going to be Erik Karlsson, so with a body and tools like his, he needed to at least use them regularly, no?

More and more it looks like he was one of those players we have all played with or coached who felt he was more important than others. There are talented guys who don't integrate into teams, who feel the need to go their own way, don't completely buy into systems or group buy-in. I kind of think there is enough evidence to question this about him. Was he going to buy into the team concept and be a guy who plays for his teammates and has their backs, even when things are going a bit south.... There are guys who have a bit of a me first edge that you can accept in your team with a bit of a scoff, but there can't be many of them and they have to be really good at what they do, or what is the point of putting up with them. I am not sure he is one of the guys we need to put up with- but wish he could change a little and accept a role as a teammate because he does have some tasty tools

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Maybe the streets of Yekaterinburg smell bad enough for him to come back here

This site also lists Tryamkin as averaging the most shifts per game of anyone on the team

Stats : Players stats : 18/19 | regular : Kontinental Hockey League (KHL)

They have 11 forwards listed and 10 D men. All but 2 D have more games played than Try. Yes, his time on ice is decent in the games he was played, but he seems to be sitting out more than his share. I know he had an injury at one point.

In response to Bobby, I honestly think you take the package that he brings and try to work with it. Apparently he needs kid gloves. He's still young, give him a year or 2 with teammates and he will probably come to feel more dedicated to the team and teammates.

Edit - He has all the tools to a a number 1 D man that we have always lacked. So he takes a few years to get there. Big deal. And maybe he doesn't, but I think we should be doing everything we can to get him back, and make him happy. We are not winning the cup next year, it would be great to have him for a year and give him every chance to show what he's got. It costs us nothing but some ice time, and perhaps a few games lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: daddyohsix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad