Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak - Stay In Yo Lane Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Playing Scherbak(RW) - McCarron(RHC) - Terry(LW) for the rest of the AHL season, barring injuries to Habs, would probably be best for our 1st round picks. Giving them lots of icetime/experience albeit AHL competition, against the top prospects 1st lines. This would better prepare them for use on either the 3rd or 4th lines, when brought up to the Habs lineup. Possibly a line with JDLR(LW) as a checking line with some scoring abilities, until they progress/develop to the point their 5 on 5 play, justifies top six icetime.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
1 goal and 2 assists last night. 6 points in his 3 games since his return from injury.

15 poitns in 9 games overall. At least 1 point in every game he's played so far in the A.

Reactions: NobleSix

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
1 goal and 2 assists last night. 6 points in his 3 games since his return from injury.

15 poitns in 9 games overall. At least 1 point in every game he's played so far in the A.
And it’s not just the points, he’s far more implicated too. Much less of a coaster and takes control of shifts.

Reactions: WinterLion

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
They will call him up tomorrow and play him on the 4th line with 9 minutes and no PP time.

Nobody is ever happy around here. When Hudon was left in the AHL management was being stupid. When Sherby gets called up, stupid... I just hope that the young guns work out. So far I'm liking what I'm seeing from the recent crop. Scherbak has been great this year.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Nobody is ever happy around here. When Hudon was left in the AHL management was being stupid. When Sherby gets called up, stupid... I just hope that the young guns work out. So far I'm liking what I'm seeing from the recent crop. Scherbak has been great this year.

He's being great so far that's why he needs to gain confidence in the AHL. I've never bashed the organisation but for McCarron and Scherbak I think it's been difficult to see them progress because of the up and down call up.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Well to be fair Hudon's been pretty stellar throughout his AHL career while Scherbak seems to be just getting the hang of things now. Hudon could've likely been called up last year and he would've been just fine. Had he not been injured he likely could've stayed on the big team.

I think it would be silly to bring up Scherbak. Having him dominate the AHL over a whole season is exactly what he needs. We brought up McCarron and DLR too early and it shows. I even thought so at the time.

Scherbak definitely needs to go the Hudon route. He's too valuable to foul up. He's likely our most skilled forward prospect and we desperately need skill. It's still a small sample size but this is AHL dominance we haven't seen since Pacioretty.

Please for the sake of everything holy leave him down there.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

We wanted Hudon called up in his third AHL year when the team was struggling to score and heading to the playoffs.

This is different than wanting a guy who's had injury issues, been jerked around by Lefebvre, spent time at every forward position, to marinate in the AHL for his final ELC year instead of coming up to be buried on the bottom lines and have his confidence messed with by an unforgiving coach like Julien on a team destined for a lottery pick.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
He had some nice chemistry with Galchenyuk , would love to see them together but the team is too healthy at this point.

Maybe:

Pacioretty - Danault - Drouin
Hudon - Plekanec - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Scherbak
Carr - Shaw - Byron

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
When Rockets players see Hudon, Deslaurier, Carr and Froese putting points like they did this year, it should click a light in their heads. Yes it's possible they can work hard and graduate to the next level, the NHL. Last 2 years McCarron went many tiimes in NHL, didn't work that hard and was sendt back, going yoyo AHL NHL, it gave the wrong message. Now the message is different now, there is openings for those who work hard. Sherbak is obviously one of our best prospect in talent, just hoping he'll keep on workin' hard.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
He had some nice chemistry with Galchenyuk , would love to see them together but the team is too healthy at this point.

Maybe:

Pacioretty - Danault - Drouin
Hudon - Plekanec - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Scherbak
Carr - Shaw - Byron

Would prefer to see (listed, unfortunately, in orderi how the minutes would be handed out by Julien):

Lehkonen - Plekanec - Byron
Hudon - Danault - Drouin
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Carr - Shaw - Scherbak

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Scherbak has looked really good this year at both the AHL and NHL levels and we need the offensive infusion.

However, I will say that it's nice that Hudon has had very little time on the fourth line. That would be largely a waste for an offensive player like him. So, it was probably better for him to play a lot in an offensive role last year, over playing little on a fourth line and without offensive linemates.

Scherbak is definitely knocking pretty hard on the door now. But when he comes up, I'd like to see him in the top nine. Although, our 4th line presently gets 12 - 14 minutes a night and are pretty good offensively.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
We wanted Hudon called up in his third AHL year when the team was struggling to score and heading to the playoffs.

This is different than wanting a guy who's had injury issues, been jerked around by Lefebvre, spent time at every forward position, to marinate in the AHL for his final ELC year instead of coming up to be buried on the bottom lines and have his confidence messed with by an unforgiving coach like Julien on a team destined for a lottery pick.

Hudon was never as fast and as good though.

Reactions: Habs100

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hudon was never as fast and as good though.

Hudon dominated for two straight years in the AHL and was dominating a third that year. Hudon was playing a mature, smart game and still is to this day.

Their situations are completely different and Scherbak needs to stay in the AHL all year long and should never have been called up earlier this year.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Hudon dominated for two straight years in the AHL and was dominating a third that year. Hudon was playing a mature, smart game and still is to this day.

Their situations are completely different and Scherbak needs to stay in the AHL all year long and should never have been called up earlier this year.

Doesn't make sense, Hudon has never been even close than being this productive even if you try hard to make him look good, Scherbak is head and shoulder above him AHL wise. Charles is struggling to put up points in the NHL, no way was he ready last season. Looks good but still have so much to learn.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Well to be fair Hudon's been pretty stellar throughout his AHL career while Scherbak seems to be just getting the hang of things now. Hudon could've likely been called up last year and he would've been just fine. Had he not been injured he likely could've stayed on the big team.

I think it would be silly to bring up Scherbak. Having him dominate the AHL over a whole season is exactly what he needs. We brought up McCarron and DLR too early and it shows. I even thought so at the time.

Scherbak definitely needs to go the Hudon route. He's too valuable to foul up. He's likely our most skilled forward prospect and we desperately need skill. It's still a small sample size but this is AHL dominance we haven't seen since Pacioretty.

Please for the sake of everything holy leave him down there.

Bravo sir.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
and you know this from your extensive scouting of ryan poehling i am sure
I'm actually quite impressed by Poehling, but of those 6 players, only Galchenyuk has anything close to game breaking talent. That's basically a below average top line and an above average 3rd line. A top 6 like that will not be competing for championships and I really don't see how that's a controversial thought.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I'm actually quite impressed by Poehling, but of those 6 players, only Galchenyuk has anything close to game breaking talent. That's basically a below average top line and an above average 3rd line. A top 6 like that will not be competing for championships and I really don't see how that's a controversial thought.

Drouin and Scherbak don't have game breaking talent??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->