Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak: Scherby-Dooby-Doo

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I am a really big Hudon fan but the player I look forward to seeing the most is Scherbak, just very worried about how they will use him. If he's on the 4th line with DLO and DLR I'm going to lose my shit if I have to watch f*** nuts Julien play what may be the best play maker on the team with no talent grinders.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I know im being a pessimist but i dont expect him to be a good NHL'er, still hoping we move him in a package for a young LD or C.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What would a Scherbak thread be without a DJ Scherby gif?

A classic introduced by W3K -- I believe he had it as an avatar at one point.

2hyjcn.gif

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think this kid made huge strides last year and I expect even more improvements this season. My concern is Claude Julien not utilizing him properly.

Reactions: DAChampion

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I know im being a pessimist but i dont expect him to be a good NHL'er, still hoping we move him in a package for a young LD or C.

You're not being a pessimist, you're just being true to your perception/gut feeling of the player.

I think he's a raw talent, that needs to be properly molded. What I'm pessimistic about is the abilities of Julien and Bergevin to properly mold him. For me, the most likely scenario is he'll be in and out of the lineup and largely used on the 4th line before being shipped out for a bottom six grinder or bottom pairing dman of Jordie Benn's caliber.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You're not being a pessimist, you're just being true to your perception/gut feeling of the player.

I think he's a raw talent, that needs to be properly molded. What I'm pessimistic about is the abilities of Julien and Bergevin to properly mold him. For me, the most likely scenario is he'll be in and out of the lineup and largely used on the 4th line before being shipped out for a bottom six grinder or bottom pairing dman of Jordie Benn's caliber.

My fear as well, being misused and shipped out for a plumber

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

I would be worried about that in a normal season but since this year we will be bottom feeder and getting a grinder would serve no purposes whatsoever I have hope that management will use this year to fully see what they need next year. In my opinion it will be up to him to show determination and skills to show that he belongs up here.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

the same broken record. people we have two of canada top up and coming coaches.
You have to be blind to not see how important such changes are

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I would be worried about that in a normal season but since this year we will be bottom feeder and getting a grinder would serve no purposes whatsoever I have hope that management will use this year to fully see what they need next year. In my opinion it will be up to him to show determination and skills to show that he belongs up here.

You mean like they gave Chucky a shot at C in a lost season , even though they had Byron at C ?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
the same broken record. people we have two of canada top up and coming coaches.
You have to be blind to not see how important such changes are

But i think Bergevin has the final call on all coaching matters, especially how they're used and what position they play. That's the problem. The leader of a hierarchy always sets limits on what his subordinates can do.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m worried he won’t get a fair shake and will end up traded by next summer too. He should be given a real, long look in our top-6 imo.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think this kid made huge strides last year and I expect even more improvements this season. My concern is Claude Julien not utilizing him properly.

For this season, I'm not worried about his point total. As long as he can round out his game enough to belong (and hence not get benched regularly by Julien), I think the offense will come soon after.

As much as I hated the way Julien used Chucky, some of the things Chucky was still doing with the puck were pretty ridiculous. He's too good of a player and has too good hockey sense to still be doing that. I would have loved to have worked with him. No way that can't be fixed in his game. No way.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'm more scared of him not keeping his head up/injury prone.
I see similarities between Scherbak and Pacioretty in that regard, Pacioretty was always getting run over in his first stint here he then asked to play in the minors instead of being on the 4th line here. Scherbie has the talent, he just needs some better luck on the injury front. Great hands on this player.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He should be used in a top 6 role till season starts.

For me it's top 9 at least all season, if not top 6, There are other ways to teach a young player a lesson than to bench him. I get that you earn your stripes, but I doubt he won't get it by being coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->