Nikita "Marschak" Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Pastrnak looks like a steal and a stud simply because he hasn't had a chance to look bad yet. Happens every time a guy jumps to the NHL and gets off to a red hot start (which isn't all that uncommon). Nothing to do with "hating on the Bruins". It happened to us with Matt D'Agostini too. Happened to all the people who saw David Perron playing in the NHL immediately after being drafted and wished we picked him instead of Pacioretty or McDonagh.

It's like the monstrous Tomas Hertl hype last year when everything he touched went into the net and he was a god and a steal and stud. Maybe he still will be eventually but that talk quieted down considerably this year now that the adrenaline's cooled off and teams are checking him closer and he has to do it over 82 games as opposed to, say, a 15 game stretch (16 points in 44 games so far this year).

See, I don't understand what you're saying here. If Scherbak one day comes close to scoring 5 points in 8 games we'll be happy? You're acting like Pastrnak won the Art Ross or something.

Couldn't agree more, especially your last comment. Andrighetto had points in his first 3 games, nobody expected him to be the second coming of St-Louis...so why have the same expectations on Pastrnak?? Not saying he won't live up to the hype, but to imagine that only in our wildest dreams Sherbak can equal Pastrnak's far superior talent on account of his first 2 games is absurd! Scherbak is tearing up the Dub which puts him right on sched if not ahead when breaking down his progression. If you look back at the 2014 draft, only Pastrnak and Ekblad are in the NHL, and if you look at the rest of the field and compare Sherbak's numbers to the rest, I think you'll feel pretty good about this pick, especially at number 26. Don't worry my fellow HAB fans, Sherbak will be lighting up the lamp at the NHL level sooner than you think :naughty:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What would Scherbak do in the NHL? In the AHL? I don't see him doing as good as Pastrnak. Right now, the steal is Pastrnak. Saying we stole a player when he's still playing in a Junior league and qualfiying him as the same level as someone who's playing professional is wishful thinking. It's not honest.

For what we know, another guy in the 2nd round could outproduce both. Right now though, odds are that it's too soon to call a guy who hasn't played a professional game a steal.

Wow, youre ready to pass full judgment on a player after 2 NHL games, are you for real!! 2 Friggin games...2...:shakehead. That's like saying you're ready to marry a girl after 2 dates after all went super well.....:help:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
What would Scherbak do in the NHL? In the AHL? I don't see him doing as good as Pastrnak. Right now, the steal is Pastrnak. Saying we stole a player when he's still playing in a Junior league and qualfiying him as the same level as someone who's playing professional is wishful thinking. It's not honest.

For what we know, another guy in the 2nd round could outproduce both. Right now though, odds are that it's too soon to call a guy who hasn't played a professional game a steal.

Again, I don't get what you're saying. You don't see Scherbak doing as well as Pastrnak? Pastrnak has 5 points in 8 games. I mean, that's cool and all, but what is the bar that he's setting so high that "we'd be lucky" if Scherbak ever hit it?

Thread's over the limit, new one coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad