Speculation: Nikita Kucherov's next contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
I think THIS is Stammer's breakout year with Drouin playing with him. With two solid lines rolling and our 3/4 lines getting better, I think we score more goals this year than the last two seasons.

Kuch is key to this and before too long, someone will need a goalie. The question then is if Bishop is Bishing do we risk trading him or Vasy. Gonna be a long season.....

We will have two very deadly scoring lines this year thanks to signing Stammer and as it appears Kuch. Drouin and Stammer looked good last game but for certain Stammer was the best out there for either team. Each time they rushed to stop him he just unselfishly dished it. PP looked improved.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Its gonna be a bridge deal. Which means we'll have to break bank in like 3 years again

That's fine though. We'll have the core locked up, cap will be higher (hopefully significantly so), and a whole extra team to move salary from. Also - some of the crappy contracts (Flip especially) will be off the books.

3 years buys us a lot of time and he's still an RFA at the end of it. That's a win.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
If it's indeed a bridge deal, there's no question Kuch does Tampa a huge favor. The man was in his right to ask for a long term, juicy contract.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
If it's indeed a bridge deal, there's no question Kuch does Tampa a huge favor. The man was in his right to ask for a long term, juicy contract.

He can ask for anything he wants but he has literally no power to make it happen unless the team agrees.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

Not really. No other GM wants to piss off Yzerman because he'd rip their eyes out and eat them.:nod:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't see them letting TJ go.

Stammer
Palat
TJ
Drouin
Kuch
Killorn
Callahan

Those are the forwards we'll protect. Names is the odd man out not TJ imo

+ TJ is a proven playoff guy. Even these past playoffs he didn't look good but still managed 17 points in 17 games

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Killorn is an option too, depending on what the cap crunch looks like.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Stammer
Palat
TJ
Drouin
Kuch
Killorn
Callahan

+ TJ is a proven playoff guy. Even these past playoffs he didn't look good but still managed 17 points in 17 games

You forget Filppula so take out Killorn for him.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Three year bridge is fine then year 4 he is a rfa so we won't have the stamkos drama all year with kucherov

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016

Stammer
Palat
TJ
Drouin
Kuch
Killorn
Callahan

Unless we can move both Flip and Cally while retaining on only one of them, we won't be able to afford all of those guys. One of Killorn, Palat, Johnson, or Drouin will be gone due to the cap. Vlad will be a cheap replacement for Filppula and losing him to the draft does nothing to solve our cap issues.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If kuch's contract was waiting for him to arrive and sign, would it be reported? Or will we only know after it's inked?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Kuch is on the way...

giphy.gif

Klutch right to the end

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Thanks, man.

At least, it looks like we'll know something very soon, if Kucherov is on his way over. Probably as soon as Tuesday. Perhaps even before we have to start a new thread about this :)

Have heard he had two offers a 3 year deal and a 6 year deal

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Three year bridge is fine then year 4 he is a rfa so we won't have the stamkos drama all year with kucherov

It sure does look like a bridge deal is coming but I am still holding out hope for at least 6 years term. I don’t get all you guys who think a bridge deal is a win. Gaudreau just signed for 6x6.75. Simply trading Boyle would have gotten that. We are going to lose Boyle next summer anyway so for the benefit of having him for one more season we would give up on locking up Kuch for 3-4 more years? As I’ve said, Kuch on a bridge deal is better than no Kuch but it is not the best that could have happened. The one mil in savings is almost meaningless when it comes to signing the RFAs next summer. All the same big moves – Filppula, Garrison, losing Bishop, etc. – still have to be made.

Heck, if Condra gets picked up then just trading Brown and replacing him with Vermin would give us another 675K - so more than the Gaudreau contract. If that is what it took to get Kuch to 6 years vice 3 you can't honestly tell me that would not be better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->