Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Thinking about going after Kucherov in fantasy hockey but I'm only interested in him if he's wearing a Lightning uniform. Is it a safe assumption that he will be a Lightning for the next several years?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Not entirely? I still give it better odds he will stay than leave but there's potential cracks... I'm feeling like 65-35?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'd be surprised if Kuch didn't sign with Tampa. If Karlsson joins the team then the money issue becomes very interesting...

Will he take a Stammer/Hedman discount? Will E.K?

Too many variables right now but I can't see Kuch leaving

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Honestly if we get Karlsson and Kucherov leaves then I won't be upset. If he wants to leave a team with these guys then bye. I'd be really surprised if he leaves though.

I only wouldn't be upset if he didn't want to stay and left. If we get rid of him while he wants to stay... I think that's just crazy media clickbait smoke, but so many people are caught up in it now.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

“I definitely didn’t feel I played my best hockey I could play,” Kucherov told The Athletic. “It just happened to be that period of time. Sometimes things go well for you, sometimes you’re not feeling right. Something is off. And I don’t want it to happen again. I’m going to make sure to work on it and make sure I’m hungry every game. Looking back, I would have done some things differently, preparation and stuff, little things before games."

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What numbers is Kuch looking at putting up this season?

If healthy for a full season you can probably put him down anywhere from 85 to possibly 100 like last year. I will say somewhere around that. Dont think he surpasses what he did last year although if he would have kept the pedal to the medal he probably would have well surpassed that.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Does Kuch have the best English of all Russian players who didn’t grow up in US/Canada?

Of today's players maybe. I don't really know. But it feels like a lot of Russian players in the 90s and early 2000s had pretty much perfected the language. Valerie Bure probably has an even better grasp than Pavel.

But for 25 year-olds, yeah, Kuch seems to be way ahead of the curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad