Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If Kuch wants his pay day give it to him. Regardless of whether he wins the award or not. I don't think it would matter to be honest. He helped us out big time and he doesn't have to do that this time. If he wants to great. Not expecting him to though.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Yeah seems like a slag on Malkin who is as fierce a competitor as there is in this league. The guy has a Conn Smythe and three Cups.
Every time Malkin shows us just how talented he is, he's also reminding us that he's the laziest player in the league by a wide margin. It's not even close. I'll take Kuch over him every single time.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Every time Malkin shows us just how talented he is, he's also reminding us that he's the laziest player in the league by a wide margin. It's not even close. I'll take Kuch over him every single time.

Kuch looks exactly like Malkin on some nights coasting except Malkin is more talanted when he's on - not sure how being injured is a form of laziness, but I guess he lazily made his way to a lock in the Hall of Fame and winning everything at the NHL level.

Kuch has literally done nothing on Malkin's level thus far, not leading a team into a playoffs on his own, not winning a scoring race, not scoring 50+ goals, not winning a cup let alone an MVP. That insane hot streak by Kucherov to start the season was upped by Malkin's 46 points in 26 games since 2018 started. Kuch has age, that's about it.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
This comes off a little bitter considering you know, the guy is coming off back to back cups and has already won the Art Ross twice... Going in hot into the playoffs is not a bad thing.
Bitter? More like defiant. I remember how different that series looked before Bishop went down. Their forecheck crushed us, but it was considerably less effective with Bish playing the puck. It's just one of those things. But it's enough that I'm not going to go full-on beta everytime someone mentions their Cups.

So you can nurse that Stockholm Syndrome of yours all you want, but I'm going to continue believing that Pittsburgh caught a serious break and that they still owe us for at least one of those Cups. F*ck Pittsburgh.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Bitter? More like defiant. I remember how different that series looked before Bishop went down. Their forecheck crushed us, but it was considerably less effective with Bish playing the puck. It's just one of those things. But it's enough that I'm not going to go full-on beta everytime someone mentions their Cups.

So you can nurse that Stockholm Syndrome of yours all you want, but I'm going to continue believing that Pittsburgh caught a serious break and that they still owe us for at least one of those Cups. F*ck Pittsburgh.

Yup, bitter, homer take your pick, give the winners the respect they deserve and stop being a baby about it, just poor sportsmanship.

Only losers dwell on shoulda, woulda, couldas.

Brb going to give the flames their cup for that goal that crossed the line in game 6.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If Kuch wants his pay day give it to him. Regardless of whether he wins the award or not. I don't think it would matter to be honest. He helped us out big time and he doesn't have to do that this time. If he wants to great. Not expecting him to though.

Truth be told he'll probably match the Stamkos contract and call it a day. They're both so similar in production that the discrepency of points between them is probably not going to range much more than about 5 points or so. If next year Stamkos has 93 points and Kucherov has 85 then who is really keeping score in terms of contract value? They're both worth every penny at $8.5 million AAV

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Kuch looks exactly like Malkin on some nights coasting except Malkin is more talanted when he's on - not sure how being injured is a form of laziness, but I guess he lazily made his way to a lock in the Hall of Fame and winning everything at the NHL level.

Kuch has literally done nothing on Malkin's level thus far, not leading a team into a playoffs on his own, not winning a scoring race, not scoring 50+ goals, not winning a cup let alone an MVP. That insane hot streak by Kucherov to start the season was upped by Malkin's 46 points in 26 games since 2018 started. Kuch has age, that's about it.
Malkin only shows up when he feels like it. It's shameful, precisely because he's so talented. Injuries? Please. The guy's flat-out lazy. Arguing otherwise is absurd.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

The truth is in between. They caught on break but they're also probably the deepest scoring team we've seen since the 2004 lockout. The only thing to really come close is us now provided that Point and Gourde produce at regular season levels and Johnson and Palat are their usual selves come playoff time.

No one was stopping them. Maybe us but we'll never know the answer to that question. We gotta live in the new

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Yup, bitter, homer take your pick, give the winners the respect they deserve and stop being a baby about it, just poor sportsmanship.

Only losers dwell on shoulda, woulda, couldas.

Brb going to give the flames their cup for that goal that crossed the line in game 6.
If you wanna sniff Malkin's jockstrap, at least have the decency to do it on the Pittsburgh board.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Malkin only shows up when he feels like it. It's shameful, precisely because he's so talented. Injuries? Please. The guy's flat-out lazy. Arguing otherwise is absurd.

Apparently only shows up to win cups.

You're totally right though guy would be breaking Gretzky's records if he just kept playing at 1.7PPG all the time, how come Stamkos and Kucherov's ppg dropped so much since the start of the season? damn guys getting lazy.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If you wanna sniff Malkin's jockstrap, at least have the decency to do it on the Pittsburgh board.

If you're going to be a blockhead, prepared to get called out - I don't care what board, enabling stupidity is a bad thing.

Reactions: Stamper

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The truth is in between. They caught on break but they're also probably the deepest scoring team we've seen since the 2004 lockout. The only thing to really come close is us now provided that Point and Gourde produce at regular season levels and Johnson and Palat are their usual selves come playoff time.

No one was stopping them. Maybe us but we'll never know the answer to that question. We gotta live in the new

Go for the win this year and every year after, stop making excuses for the past. Cup history would look a whole lot different if it's based on teams that "should've won".

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
If you're going to be a blockhead, prepared to get called out - I don't care what board, enabling stupidity is a bad thing.
What, by talking sh*t in a corner of the Internet that is specifically set aside for Lightning fans?

And having the presence of mind to key in on Malkin's laziness despite his highlight reel is astute, not stupid.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Go for the win this year and every year after, stop making excuses for the past. Cup history would look a whole lot different if it's based on teams that "should've won".

Pretty much. We can't go back to 2 years ago and quite honestly we shouldn't. This is the best Lightning team Steve Yzerman has ever put together and if we don't win it's tough shit. There really IS next year for us. You evaluate why we lost and move on. If it's something as simple as running into goaltender with God mode engaged like Tim Thomas then what are we really gonna do about it? That's like getting mad at your lineup for not being able to hit a pitcher who threw a perfect game. But giving up 45 shots a game, getting blown out 5-2 and a 5 game series exit in any playoff round?

Well... let's just say that'll put me on the "Fire Cooper" bandwagon quick. I won't fault the guy for last year because there was so much bad luck. But this year we've had everything in our control and there's no reason to not win it all.

Reactions: Sky04

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Art Ross race:

Kucherov: 13 games left, 88 points (1.31 PPG)
Malkin: 12 games left, 87 points (1.32 PPG) -1
McDavid: 14 games left, 84 points (1.24 PPG) -4
MacKinnon: 14 games left, 81 points (1.35 PPG) -7

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Jesus, Malkins gonna win it isn't he.

Yup, feels a lot like 2012.

All we seem to have on the Penguins is Stamkos "stealing" partial ownership of Sid's Rocket Richard in 2010. 2011 comeback was fairly tame considering who was injured.

Maybe all that karma will come to our benefit in the playoffs, if you subscribe to that line of thinking.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm hoping Kucherov wakes up soon. He's stayed fairly productive but my lord does he look disengaged.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Make sure to mention empty nets whenever Malkin is discussed! He feasts on those things! Don't even have to look at stats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->