Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
And yet there's a "Relax McDavid is better than Kucherov" thread.

People if I make a "Kucherov is the best player in the world" thread if he goes crazy tonight and it pisses everyone off don't hate me. I'm not gonna walk on eggshells because McDavid's wingers suck ass
I think it really comes down to Canadian bias. Imagine if Kucherov was Canadian and McDavid was Russian. We wouldn't have these threads on the mainboards.

Reactions: Spacey

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
McDavid is the only player in the league I'd trade Kucherov for and he is kind of in a shitty situation but it's hilarious how much his fanboys need to point it out. I think most of us consciously know he's the best forward in the league, but Ill continue gloating about Kucherov in the meantime :laugh:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
McDavid is the only player in the league I'd trade Kucherov for and he is kind of in a ****ty situation but it's hilarious how much his fanboys need to point it out. I think most of us consciously know he's the best forward in the league, but Ill continue gloating about Kucherov in the meantime :laugh:
Oh yeah the Oilers fanbase is the stupidest on this forum, and that's considering that the Leafs exist. McDavid is the only thing they have, and taking it away from them is sweet nectar.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Oh yeah the Oilers fanbase is the stupidest on this forum, and that's considering that the Leafs exist. McDavid is the only thing they have, and taking it away from them is sweet nectar.

As someone said, the Art Ross is their cup. The draft really doesn't do anything for them anymore.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
I remember watching Kuch score his first NHL goal, in his first NHL game, during his first NHL shift, on his first NHL shot, against King Henrik. What I DIDN’T remember is that he was wearing No. 56 and Peckham called him: The youngster, “Dmitry Kucherov.” Where has time gone? The recent Stammer interview provoked me to go back and watch.

StaySalty

Apr 12, 2018
Lakeland, Florida
I remember watching Kuch score his first NHL goal, in his first NHL game, during his first NHL shift, on his first NHL shot, against King Henrik. What I DIDN’T remember is that he was wearing No. 56 and Peckham called him: The youngster, “Dmitry Kucherov.” Where has time gone? The recent Stammer interview provoked me to go back and watch.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think it really comes down to Canadian bias. Imagine if Kucherov was Canadian and McDavid was Russian. We wouldn't have these threads on the mainboards.

I watch McDavid often enough to be a pseudo Oilers fan and I'd say there's a small point to be made there. It's a little ironic considering McDavid likens to Pavel Bure so much because he is one of few players that I have seen who can singlehandedly attack an entire defense and he does it 2-3 times a game albeit I argue Bure was better at it. But in terms of controlling the game Kucherov is on par right now.

Either way if he has something like another 4 point night then there's really no more argument to be made. The last Lightning player we could say "He is playing like the best in the world" on a particular night and not be exaggerating was Lecavalier in 2006 because he had 3 points his previous game and just belted home a Stamkosian one-timer.

And right now we are seeing it again with Kucherov

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Don't think it's Canadian vs Russian thing, draft position and player expectations play a factor, if any of Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin or McDavid were posting Kucherov numbers it would "cement their status" as generational players, "the hype is real" type of response. Instead Kucherov falls in the next tier of star players and gets a "woo good for him" type of response, it would be the same if a Kane, Stamkos or Tavares were doing it as well.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
McDavid is the only player in the league I'd trade Kucherov for and he is kind of in a ****ty situation but it's hilarious how much his fanboys need to point it out. I think most of us consciously know he's the best forward in the league, but Ill continue gloating about Kucherov in the meantime :laugh:

You probably do it, but is mcdavid 4 million better? 4 million is a lot of money for a team like ours.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You probably do it, but is mcdavid 4 million better? 4 million is a lot of money for a team like ours.

It's only 3M, Kucherov has insane value on his contract but having McDavid through ages 21-29 is pretty damn good too. Like I said, the only person in the league you would even entertain Kucherov for.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
It's only 3M, Kucherov has insane value on his contract but having McDavid through ages 21-29 is pretty damn good too. Like I said, the only person in the league you would even entertain Kucherov for.
Whoops, though his cap hit was 13 and change.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
McDavid is the best player in the league... he's playing on a joke of a team, put him with Stamkos and Johnson and that line would be nuts. Anyways, he's stuck there for a long time

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
A small breakdown of Kuch's franchise best 70 assists so far:

57 of the 70 (81%) went to either Point, Johnson, or Stamkos

22 of Point's 35 goals (62%)
12 of Johnson's 21 goals (57%)
23 of Stammer's 33 goals (69%)

The other 13 assists went to Hedman (3), McDonagh (2), Palat (2), Sergachev (1), Gourde (1), Erne (1), Joseph (1), Miller (1), and Cirelli (1).

We know too Kuch had a slow start through the first month. He only had 7 assists in the month of October (11 games). So here are the numbers starting from November 1st to now

20 of Point's 28 goals (71%)
11 of Johnson's 16 goals (68%)
21 of Stammer's 31 goals (67%)

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
A small breakdown of Kuch's franchise best 70 assists so far:

57 of the 70 (81%) went to either Point, Johnson, or Stamkos

22 of Point's 35 goals (62%)
12 of Johnson's 21 goals (57%)
23 of Stammer's 33 goals (69%)

The other 13 assists went to Hedman (3), McDonagh (2), Palat (2), Sergachev (1), Gourde (1), Erne (1), Joseph (1), Miller (1), and Cirelli (1).

We know too Kuch had a slow start through the first month. He only had 7 assists in the month of October (11 games). So here are the numbers starting from November 1st to now

20 of Point's 28 goals (71%)
11 of Johnson's 16 goals (68%)
21 of Stammer's 31 goals (67%)
Just proves the fact that he’s just the product of a loaded Tampa team. My mom on skates would put up numbers like he does if she was getting spoon fed offensive zone starts and PP time feeding off Point (overrated btw, hope he gets Matthews money though), Stamkos (one-legged has-been) or Johnson (washed up one-hit-wonder, also a midget lel).

/hfb

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I watch McDavid often enough to be a pseudo Oilers fan and I'd say there's a small point to be made there. It's a little ironic considering McDavid likens to Pavel Bure so much because he is one of few players that I have seen who can singlehandedly attack an entire defense and he does it 2-3 times a game albeit I argue Bure was better at it. But in terms of controlling the game Kucherov is on par right now.

Either way if he has something like another 4 point night then there's really no more argument to be made. The last Lightning player we could say "He is playing like the best in the world" on a particular night and not be exaggerating was Lecavalier in 2006 because he had 3 points his previous game and just belted home a Stamkosian one-timer.

And right now we are seeing it again with Kucherov

Jesus don't say that in public. Oiler fans will seep out of the cracks in our forum's floor. McDavid is clearly the best at everything in the history of hockey. You thought Paul Coffey wore small skates? McDavid is way better at wearing small skates. You thought Mario Lemieux could smoke two packs a day and score damn near 200 points? Well McDavid can smoke 5 packs a day and score 300 points. The only reason he doesn't is because Edmonton doesn't have a defenseman.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Jesus don't say that in public. Oiler fans will seep out of the cracks in our forum's floor. McDavid is clearly the best at everything in the history of hockey. You thought Paul Coffey wore small skates? McDavid is way better at wearing small skates. You thought Mario Lemieux could smoke two packs a day and score damn near 200 points? Well McDavid can smoke 5 packs a day and score 300 points. The only reason he doesn't is because Edmonton doesn't have a defenseman.

Don't forget he also has the best recovery time between shifts as well! GOAT cardiovascular system

Edit: Did Mario really smoke 2 packs a day? If so the guy must've whipped through half a pack after practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad