Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
After his first 18 games (18pts), he was 110 in 64 games, good for 1.72p/gp. Assuming he could maintain that, he would end up with 141 points. That is probably a bit unrealistic, but over 130 isn't super unreasonable if everything goes right

Also, he had 51 points in a 23 game stretch last season :eek:. That's pretty nuts. He was still on a 107pt pace the rest of the season, but damn.

Yeah for a hot second there Kucherov was pulling Gretzky 1985 numbers. Everyone knew it was gonna come to an end eventually but it was one of the better stretches you're gonna see. I think Crosby had a run like that once and then got hurt. Might have been Malkin

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Yeah for a hot second there Kucherov was pulling Gretzky 1985 numbers. Everyone knew it was gonna come to an end eventually but it was one of the better stretches you're gonna see. I think Crosby had a run like that once and then got hurt. Might have been Malkin
Crosby had 66 in I think 39 at one point, or something like that, before getting concussed. I think he played two more games after that season before getting hit badly again (ended with 66 in 41). So roughly the same pace kucherov had or slighty better, but for ~20 less games (keep in mind scoring has gone up slightly)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
i hope he can do 100 again just i dont say its guaranteed 100 is hard hes elite though so hope he does

Depends entirely on his motivation. I can picture it going either way. Either Kuch comes out angry and hungry because of last year's embarrassment, or he comes out lethargic because the regular season obviously doesn't matter. The former, IMO, is good for 115 so long as scoring stays up.

Reactions: Unfinished Business

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
All that skill goes to waste when you can't keep your head on straight in pressure situations. Don't doubt the guy wants to win if there's a criticism of Kucherov other than being too fancy is that he's become more of a diva each year that he's gotten better, little things seem to bother him moreso than his early years where he was calm and collected. Worst part is he's now got a history, you're looking at multi game suspensions if he keeps up with these antics (he was getting away with some of that stuff even before the playoff incident.)

Last thing you want is to have him miss out on accolades or another important playoff game because he can't stay level headed.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
All that skill goes to waste when you can't keep your head on straight in pressure situations. Don't doubt the guy wants to win if there's a criticism of Kucherov other than being too fancy is that he's become more of a diva each year that he's gotten better, little things seem to bother him moreso than his early years where he was calm and collected. Worst part is he's now got a history, you're looking at multi game suspensions if he keeps up with these antics (he was getting away with some of that stuff even before the playoff incident.)

Last thing you want is to have him miss out on accolades or another important playoff game because he can't stay level headed.
i get your point here but disagree 100% want pissed off guy want him to control it yep or be sneaky as hell retaliation wise but i want that fire esp after watching detroit runs they had some sneaky guys for sure

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
some great photos from a friend of kucherov and/or teammates getting the ted lindsay award
kuch lindsey the boys.jpg
kuch ted lindsay award.jpg
kucherov ted lindsey award.jpg

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Kuch has been absolutely terrible again. Soft on pucks, stops skating, bad passes, whiffs on shots and shies away from any physical contact whatsoever.

0 points, 0 shots, 3 giveaways and a -2 against arguably the worst team in the league. At least Point and Stamkos had 3 and 2 shots respectively. And yet Kuch still played the most minutes of all Lightning forwards (23:01) and 2nd most minutes of all Lightning players behind only Hedman.

For a guy who is constantly getting praised for his enormous work effort and ethic he looks a lot more like somebody who has absolutely no interest or joy playing the game right now.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kuch has been absolutely terrible again. Soft on pucks, stops skating, bad passes, whiffs on shots and shies away from any physical contact whatsoever.

0 points, 0 shots, 3 giveaways and a -2 against arguably the worst team in the league. At least Point and Stamkos had 3 and 2 shots respectively. And yet Kuch still played the most minutes of all Lightning forwards (23:01) and 2nd most minutes of all Lightning players behind only Hedman.

For a guy who is constantly getting praised for his enormous work effort and ethic he looks a lot more like somebody who has absolutely no interest or joy playing the game right now.

To be fair, that's exactly how he looked to start last season too.

He's one of the most finesse-based players I've ever seen. When it works, it's brilliant. When it doesn't, he can easily be the worst player on the ice.

Reactions: Maelmoor

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Bolded is so true.
Couldn't agree more with your post.

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018

Well he did have at least 1 shot, even tho it may not have been registered.
A goal, that was disallowed.

That play with Stamkos was as good as it gets from them.
Masterful.
Also a timely play as it would have been the go ahead goal at the end of the 3rd period.
The interference was unfortunate, as I think he could have scored even without.

He found a way to make the play that should have broken the tie and give his team the W at the end of the game.
This is why you keep him on the ice even when he doesn’t do much.
That play was the best play made in the whole game from either team.

But up until then I agree, it was a very poor game for Nikita Kucherov by his standards.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Great player, absolutely annoying to watch for 1/4 of every season.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Ryder, Halak and 2nd for Kuch.

Jackets will take that floater off your hands

Can't trade him, he has no value at that contract. Absolutely trash, wonder if the KHL will take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad