Player Discussion: Nikita Gusev

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Still no confirmation this guy has signed a new deal in the KHL. Seems like a lot of bogus rumors are made up over there. Are you guys holding out hope he could come over next season?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm waiting for July 1st with baited breath because these rampant Drouin for defense rumors only make sense if Gusev is waiting in the wings.

otherwise who is gonna do a GOOD JOB playing wing other than Kucherov?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm waiting for July 1st with baited breath because these rampant Drouin for defense rumors only make sense if Gusev is waiting in the wings.

otherwise who is gonna do a GOOD JOB playing wing other than Kucherov?

Not to mention Drouin-Kucherov-Hedman was the reason we didn't have a bottom 5 PP in the league again.

Nikita Gucherov

Mar 12, 2015
Forgive my ignorance but what does July 1st have to do with Drouin or Gusev? Can they not sign any time (before or after)?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Forgive my ignorance but what does July 1st have to do with Drouin or Gusev? Can they not sign any time (before or after)?

I'm not sure about the rules or dates but I think we can safely assume if nothing happens within a few weeks after July 1st then Gusev probably just stays with SKA. He has another year left under contract with them anyway.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'm not sure about the rules or dates but I think we can safely assume if nothing happens within a few weeks after July 1st then Gusev probably just stays with SKA. He has another year left under contract with them anyway.

I thought he had a option out which is why they wanted a extension in place ?

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, Namestnikov, now Sergachev...you gotta believe they are in communication with Gusev. They like their skill level. Bring him over Steve!

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, Namestnikov, now Sergachev...you gotta believe they are in communication with Gusev. They like their skill level. Bring him over Steve!

There's like a 7 year age difference between Gusev and Sergachev, I doubt this tips the needle.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
There's like a 7 year age difference between Gusev and Sergachev, I doubt this tips the needle.
Comfort with the language and culture. Also helps living in Florida with less taxes. I do think adding another Russian regardless of age difference helps. And Gusev will be in Tampa after this season.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Maybe moving Drouin freed up room to sign Gusev.....?

tenor.gif

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Wish he was coming over this coming season.

Palat Stamkos Point
Gusev Johnson Kucherov
Gourde Namestnikov Callahan
Erne Boyle Brown

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Drouin for Sergachev and Gusev wouldn't look that bad. :)

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
That's ambiguous to say the least. So I guess he's gonna honor the final year of his contract?

He wasn't coming over before terminating his contract anyway. That's the first time we see a North American journalist having an [apparent] inside source about Gusev tho. Prior that it was all fan made speculation. Joe Smith is reliable, there might have been some talks between Gusev and Tampa lately, that alone is positive.

Still, I saw there are conflicting reports from a KHL insider who claimed a few hours back that Gusev was on the verge of re-signing for the next 2 years with St.Petersburgh. So take the whole story with a grain of salt, but making that kind of announcement has been a typical SKA strategy to put pressure on the players that want out. Wait and ******* see.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
If getting Sergachev was a factor here then kudos to SFY. Holy ****.

Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, Namestnikov, Sergachev, Brownov - that's a solid Russian core to woo Gusev. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad