Value of: Nikita Gusev to Columbus

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I just don’t see him fit in the Knights system with Gallant coaching. Also it seems that the GK have an established first line and Gusev wants to have top 6 minutes.

If Panarin does leave CBJ, Gusev would be a great replacement.

What would it take to get Gusev to CBJ to play alongside his pal Gavrikov?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I suspect the answer is "more than we would ever want to even think about paying", but if he has a poor debut with the Knights... :dunno:

Reactions: Meeqs

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I just don’t see him fit in the Knights system with Gallant coaching. Also it seems that the GK have an established first line and Gusev wants to have top 6 minutes.

A 2019 1st and 2nd. Wait...
A 2020 1st and 2nd. Umm wait....
A 2021 1st and 2nd. Hmm, nope that's not right either....

It appears that Columbus doesn't have anything that Vegas would want, aside from Dubois.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
OP over estimates Vegas wanting to get rid of Gusev. It would probably be easier for Vegas to get Gavrikov out of Columbus than Gusev out of Vegas.
I doubt it. Gavrikov is the definition of pedigree. Has played better then grown ass men in international tournys his entire career. WJC best defender while never scoring a point, Olympic gold medalist, juat broke the record for +/- (and while that stat isnt perfect when you are 30 better then your next teammate and break the league record as a 23yo is legit). He is what current NHL defenders dream they could be (Hyperbole). Seriously he is the best pure defensive prospect I can remember. Not these 4th F type defenders that pinch every play but a solid guy that doesnt know what its like to be a - player.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Asking for guys that haven’t played a single game yet, another guy is wanting Draisaitl for goddamn Anderson+, a few playoff wins have made you Blue Jacket fans go freaking wild. :laugh:
1 guy has always been crazy and the other just likes Russians, you can change your thought to 2 CBJ fans

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The whole point of rushing Gusev out of Russia was to keep his RFA status so Vegas could re-sign him. Whatever their plans for these playoffs are in regards to Nikita, they want to at least give him a try.

Also not sure what Gallant has to do with anything.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

Why don't you think he fits in Vegas? I mean they drafted him and kept him on their reserve list.

I dont know much about Gusev but I've heard him compared to Panarin. If he plays like Panarin he can play on pretty much any team in the NFL and fit.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Why don't you think he fits in Vegas? I mean they drafted him and kept him on their reserve list.

I dont know much about Gusev but I've heard him compared to Panarin. If he plays like Panarin he can play on pretty much any team in the NFL and fit.

They picked him the expansion draft.

I think the comparisons to Panarin are way overblown. He's a good player, but not on that level. The fact he led the KHL this year is more a statement on the quality of the KHL this year (and really last year).

I also personally agree with the OP here on the fit, particularly because I don't know if his style of play will be rewarded by Gallant. We'll see here though I imagine.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think the comparisons to Panarin are way overblown. He's a good player, but not on that level. The fact he led the KHL this year is more a statement on the quality of the KHL this year (and really last year).

You should remember that Gusev replaced Panarin at SKA without any drop in quality. Of course that does not have to mean they're still equal now, but the comparisons have been justified and natural for years already because they played the same position for the same team.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
They picked him the expansion draft.

I also personally agree with the OP here on the fit, particularly because I don't know if his style of play will be rewarded by Gallant. We'll see here though I imagine.
Elias Pettersson was the best player in the SHL and he did OK stepping into the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad