Nikita Filatov

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Whats the story with this kid?
Cant seem to find him playing for Colombus or Springfeild currently so im assuming an injury?

Also could someone give a report on how the kids faired this season?

Currently he is injured. His attitude is reported to be good, but he has struggled a bit. According to the Blue Jackets, he has worked very hard and committed himself. His workout routine added some 10-15 lbs to his frame over the summer. I understand he needs to regain his confidence, which is why he is in Springfield. He has come out and said going to Russia was a mistake, and he is committed to staying here. That's why he accepted the move to the AHL without a complaint.

He turned off his formspring access.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I saw him last Friday against Worcester. He had one good play where he deked a defender and had a mini break on the goalie but his glove was hooked at the last moment and he lost the puck. No call, by the way.

Aside from that, he looked like a poor man's Afinogenov with less awareness. The one play in particular that I can't get out of my head is the blind behind-the-back pass from the offensive zone faceoff dot back to the point. He missed the target by at least 10 feet.

Overall, I was really disappointed with his performance. Injured or not, that kind of play is pretty poor.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
What would you say the chances are the Jackets trade him? 5 points out of a playoff spot you'd think they could bring in some pretty good assets.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
What would you say the chances are the Jackets trade him? 5 points out of a playoff spot you'd think they could bring in some pretty good assets.

I don't think they should.

His value isn't very high right now and I still think he'll develop into a good scorer.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

I wouldn't be shocked if they traded him, but I don't think he would bring the type of return he would have a in the past. He might develop into a premiere player or he could be a bust. He looks much riskier now.

Time will tell.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
He could be the next Markus Naslund or the next Pavel Brendl. He has inherent skill but really needs to pack some muscle on to his frame. From what I've seen of him, I'm not sure he's physically ready for the NHL at this point.

He'll be 21 in a few months. If he works hard in the gym and on the rink he could end up turning out like Naslund did. It really depends on how bad Nikita wants it.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
His only problem is size. He can hit a postage stamp with his wrist shot, has decent speed, and has a crisp pass.

Dunno what that guy above saw who saw him in Worcester. Kid's got all the talent in the world, just gets pushed off the puck extremely easily.

Our GM recently said that we're "No where close to giving up on him" so I don't think he'll be traded.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Seems like you're both getting question marks.

Matt "8 points in 32 games" Gilroy, heh.

Yeah, I thought the same as well....

If this were ~10 games ago, no one would have ever offered that. Gilroy has been playing better for a few weeks, so now he officially has trade value. :sarcasm:

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Ha, I was going to start a thread just like this one today. I had high hopes for him this year, and thought he would be a big factor in Columbus making a run for the playoffs. Now it seems the entire organization is in free-fall.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Ha, I was going to start a thread just like this one today. I had high hopes for him this year, and thought he would be a big factor in Columbus making a run for the playoffs. Now it seems the entire organization is in free-fall.

5 points out of the playoffs is a free fall?

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
North American hockey (NHL, AHL, CHL) tends to ruin Russian players. Go back to Russia and never come back, Nikita Filatov.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
North American hockey (NHL, AHL, CHL) tends to ruin Russian players. Go back to Russia and never come back, Nikita Filatov.

Yeah, one can only imagine how good guys like Ovechkin, Malkin, Datsyuk, etc. could have been if the NHL hadn't "ruined" them. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->