Player Discussion Nikita Filatov

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Seems like the opportune time to bring him back; he's never been hungrier. I think he could score more goals than Kessel next season.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
He will be a free agent this summer with the new CBA along with Stephane Da Costa- we are not getting him back

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
For what it's worth, the pick we traded for Filatov was used on T.J. Tynan, a.k.a. "who?".

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Coulda got Johnny Hockey at that pick :cry::cry:

We picked 5 players before Gaudreau was selwxted that year. We had multiple chances at him, and we passed every single time, including passing on him with our 4th round pick that year, let alone our 3rd rounder.

He clearly wasn't on our radar at all.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
We picked 5 players before Gaudreau was selwxted that year. We had multiple chances at him, and we passed every single time, including passing on him with our 4th round pick that year, let alone our 3rd rounder.

Yeah, I know, wasn't really being serious. 28 other teams also had multiple stabs at him.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Adam Lowry is the only reasonable player to play the 'he coulda been ours game' and I'd say Filatovs potential was higher.

Pageau would be the 'we picked the wrong eau' pick but I love him and it's not like he's been a bad pick at that.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Yeah it's a shame. We never really go for players like Gaudreau, even in the late rounds. Doesn't make much sense given that we usually play it safe in the first couple rounds, making sure we have a steady influx of future NHLers in the pipeline. Makes additional depth players rather unnecessary, would rather we take risky players with more upside after the first couple rounds.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Yeah it's a shame. We never really go for players like Gaudreau, even in the late rounds. Doesn't make much sense given that we usually play it safe in the first couple rounds, making sure we have a steady influx of future NHLers in the pipeline. Makes additional depth players rather unnecessary, would rather we take risky players with more upside after the first couple rounds.

You mean like Sandin, Petersson, Hoffman, Prince, Stone and Ahl?

We've taken our fair share of boom/bust binary pick late rounders.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
You mean like Sandin, Petersson, Hoffman, Prince, Stone and Ahl?

We've taken our fair share of boom/bust binary pick late rounders.

Not to mention the homerun cut at Marcus Sorensen. Man looking back, we actually spent a 4th round pick on a guy none of our scouts saw, because we were afraid to give it away we liked him.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
So I was talking to a friend at work about getting more skilled players into Ottawa and he brought up the very real lack of Russian prospects or current roster players...checked in on Fili and looks like he has finally found what he needed to be successful. RDS did an article on him at the KHL All-star game and he's quoted about the changes in attitude,expectations and offseason training being the big reason for his turn-a-round.
He had 40 points in 57 games played, his pro-career best, so what do you think, should we try him out at camp? Do we even still own his rights?

Lots of older russians signing in the last two years, could be our radulov? LW Right hander sounds great, obviously he has had his history but people can change.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
So I was talking to a friend at work about getting more skilled players into Ottawa and he brought up the very real lack of Russian prospects or current roster players...checked in on Fili and looks like he has finally found what he needed to be successful. RDS did an article on him at the KHL All-star game and he's quoted about the changes in attitude,expectations and offseason training being the big reason for his turn-a-round.
He had 40 points in 57 games played, his pro-career best, so what do you think, should we try him out at camp? Do we even still own his rights?

Lots of older russians signing in the last two years, could be our radulov? LW Right hander sounds great, obviously he has had his history but people can change.

As a fan that has a signed Filly jersey, I took the chance when I saw Murray and asked "Will Filatov ever be coming back?" and his response was "Filatov? Isn't he making too much money in Russia?"

And that was that.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I saw this thread and was all like:

G07bj.gif

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
As a fan that has a signed Filly jersey, I took the chance when I saw Murray and asked "Will Filatov ever be coming back?" and his response was "Filatov? Isn't he making too much money in Russia?"

And that was that.

Sure but Russia is having a tough go of it and to have an opportunity to get paid in American dollars while living in Canada seems favourable with a potential opportunity to make even more...but who knows, he does sound happy to play where he is. I just thought I would bring it up given the change in his play and stats.

I am of the mind that we should look everywhere to always be striving to be better. Not to mention that Murray is not exactly in charge anymore.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time...

This is not the player you're looking for...

With the blast shield down I can't even see, how am I supposed to scout?...

Skilled Russians and Swedish prospects are no match for 4th line grinders at your side, kid...

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time...

This is not the player you're looking for...

With the blast shield down I can't even see, how am I supposed to scout?...

Skilled Russians and Swedish prospects are no match for 4th line grinders at your side, kid...

haha, too bad I didn't revisit this thread on thursday.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He had his chance.Would rather leave the slot he would occupy ,open for a kid that hasnt had his yet :nod:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->