Music: Nightwish new album "Human. :II: Nature." UPDATE: Singer Floor Jansen announces she is cancer free

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Announcing the new album “HUMAN. :||: NATURE.” - Nightwish – The Official Website

Disc 1:
  1. Music
  2. Noise
  3. Shoemaker
  4. Harvest
  5. Pan
  6. How’s The Heart?
  7. Procession
  8. Tribal
  9. Endlessness
Disc 2:
  1. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Vista
  2. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - The Blue
  3. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - The Green
  4. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Moors
  5. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Aurorae
  6. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Quiet As The Snow
  7. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Anthropocene (incl. “Hurrian Hymn To Nikkal”)
  8. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Ad Astra
Finnish national broadcasting company Yle did a story on Sunday's main evening news broadcast about Metal Hammer magazine making Nightwish the first ever Finnish artist to grace the cover of the magazine. The insert featured a short 15 second clip of the first single and music video "Noise", out on February 7th.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Interested to hear Floor's second album with the band. Love her live stuff. Hopefully this means another tour in the States.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Only listened once so far. nothing really caught me except endlessness so far. But I hear this album is a grower so ill listen 4 or 5 times before I count it out

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I've listened to it 4-5 times now and I must say, I'm surprised at the quality. It's different from what we're used to from Floor though, I admit.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
So Human :||: Nature has been out for about a year and I’m curious to hear what others think about it. For me i hardly ever listen to the 2nd disc let’s just get that out of the way right now lol.

I think the rest of the album is pretty strong except for Harvest which is way too syrupy-folksy for me.

it’s amazing to hear that Marko’s vocals are way back into the mix to the point where they are hardly recognizable as Marko. We’re they expecting his departure ?

Anyway can’t wait to hear this album live as they are such a great live band. I thought I loved Endless Forms almost Beautiful until
I heard them play songs from that album live and it was totally next level. Hopefully the same thing happens with Human :||:Nature.

Thoughts?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So Human :||: Nature has been out for about a year and I’m curious to hear what others think about it. For me i hardly ever listen to the 2nd disc let’s just get that out of the way right now lol.

I think the rest of the album is pretty strong except for Harvest which is way too syrupy-folksy for me.

it’s amazing to hear that Marko’s vocals are way back into the mix to the point where they are hardly recognizable as Marko. We’re they expecting his departure ?

Anyway can’t wait to hear this album live as they are such a great live band. I thought I loved Endless Forms almost Beautiful until
I heard them play songs from that album live and it was totally next level. Hopefully the same thing happens with Human :||:Nature.

Thoughts?

Some of the songs they don't plan on performing live, I forgot which one(s). Possible Music or Shoemaker. Would be shame if the latter one is not as Youtube reactors really love that one.

Oh and in case you haven't heard, there's some rumors in Finland that Jarkko Ahola will be Marko's replacement as the second vocalist. He's pretty much the best Finnish male vocalist right now, knows Marko from their joint project and has also performed with Floor Jansen before.

Last edited:

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Some of the songs they don't plan on performing live, I forgot which one(s). Possible Music or Shoemaker. Would be shame if the latter one is not as Youtube reactors really love that one.

Oh and in case you haven't hear, there's some rumors in Finland that Jarkko Ahola will be Marko's replacement as the second vocalist. He's pretty much the best Finnish male vocalist right now, knows Marko from their joint project and has also performed with Floor Jansen before.

Hearing Floor sing Shoemaker live would be amazing.

I had tix to see them for the first time this past fall in NYC to and that got cancelled . Now I’ve got my virtual tickets as I’ll take whatever live Nightwish I can get...

I thought Jarkko Ahola was only a rumor ...I’m hoping it’s him because I’ve been watching lots of his vids of him with his solo band , with Terasbetoni (which I love)and with Northern Kings( with Marko) and his range is perfect for Nightwish. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I think with Nightwish you have to see a song performed live in front of an epic audience to truly appreciate its greatness.

The biggest example being Ghost Love Score. The studio album version is really underwhelming, but when you see it performed live either by Tarja on the End of an Era DVD or Floor at Wacken/Buenos Aires it becomes a masterpiece, and is one of the most requested things for youtube reactor types to watch.

Reactions: BarzyClub

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
I think with Nightwish you have to see a song performed live in front of an epic audience to truly appreciate its greatness.

The biggest example being Ghost Love Score. The studio album version is really underwhelming, but when you see it performed live either by Tarja on the End of an Era DVD or Floor at Wacken/Buenos Aires it becomes a masterpiece, and is one of the most requested things for youtube reactor types to watch.
Yeah I kinda feel that watching them at smaller venues in the states may be a bit of a let down after watching a Wacken show with the full pyro and visuals. If there was a band that I would travel to Europe or South America for the experience of seeing them at a festival show like Wacken, it’s Nightwish.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah I kinda feel that watching them at smaller venues in the states may be a bit of a let down after watching a Wacken show with the full pyro and visuals. If there was a band that I would travel to Europe or South America for the experience of seeing them at a festival show like Wacken, it’s Nightwish.

"Greatest Show On Earth" worked at Wembley though:

Reactions: BarzyClub

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Wembley is a fairly big, state of the art arena.

It's not outdoor festival size like Wacken/Rock am ring/Reading/Glastonbury/Download obviously, or proper stadium (it's not to be confused with the Wembley football stadium)

But it creates a more than good enough atmosphere for a band of this size in the UK

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wembley is a fairly big, state of the art arena.

It's not outdoor festival size like Wacken/Rock am ring/Reading/Glastonbury/Download obviously, or proper stadium (it's not to be confused with the Wembley football stadium)

But it creates a more than good enough atmosphere for a band of this size in the UK

12,500 capacity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad