Nigel Dawes

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I don't know his whole career. Maybe just stat watching in the past.

I remember he had a decent year in New-York, around 30 points.
Later on, I remember Montreal trying their luck on him, then him being sent in the AHL...
Went to the KHL, never looked back. Was among (or the) leader in goal scoring. Is Elite over there!

That's all I can say.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
He had his chance when he was young and couldn't stick in NHL
He's has been outstanding in the KHL . My guess he could be a top 6 forward in the NHL today. But who knows? He made a nice living there.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
He outscored Kovalchuk last year and Kovi scored a 3 year 20m contract with the Kings. Fact is you can't just look at stats in junior, AHL, KHL and think it relates proportionally to the NHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Dawes would be an NHL player if he was born 10 years later, no question. But size still was a huge thing when he tried to make it and being 172 cm he had quite a steep mountain to climb. Also he is a late bloomer, he got smarter and more dynamic as he aged, even his first seasons in the KHL are nothing to write home about.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
He outscored Kovalchuk last year and Kovi scored a 3 year 20m contract with the Kings. Fact is you can't just look at stats in junior, AHL, KHL and think it relates proportionally to the NHL.

True. Tons of variables.

But Kovalchuk has a proven track record as an elite player. I don’t think teams were counting his KHL stats so much. Not that they were bad.

lindelof

Jul 7, 2018
How likely is it that Dawes (and his fellow countrymen Bocheski, Boyd and Dallman) will suit up for Kazakhstan in the upcoming World Championship? After all they are playing in Astana.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
How likely is it that Dawes (and his fellow countrymen Bocheski, Boyd and Dallman) will suit up for Kazakhstan in the upcoming World Championship? After all they are playing in Astana.
They represented Kazakhstan in the past, so they can do it again.

Reactions: lindelof

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
It is very likely as the 1A tournament wil take place in Astana, they should be promised nice bonuses for winning it in front of the home crowd.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Yekaterinburg Automobilist
I wonder if these are his linemates, but 2nd team scorer is Dan Sexton and the 3rd one is Stephane Da Costa. All former NHLers. All guys who are young enough to play up to their potential. Fun times. His first year with that team.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Only guy over a PPG on his team.
Nigel Dawes.jpg
Nigel Dawes KHL star.jpg

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yekaterinburg Automobilist
I wonder if these are his linemates, but 2nd team scorer is Dan Sexton and the 3rd one is Stephane Da Costa.
For the most Avto are trying to keep Dawes and Sexton apart, the usual 1st line is Dawes - Da Costa - Golyshev.

Reactions: Fixxer

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I'm happy for Nigel Dawes. He was too good for the AHL and not wanted in the NHL. He goes overseas and becomes a Star! That 2004 World Juniors was something, as stated by @Yamborghini

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
I'm happy for Nigel Dawes. He was too good for the AHL and not wanted in the NHL. He goes overseas and becomes a Star! That 2004 World Juniors was something, as stated by @Yamborghini
He made 212 Games in NHL with 0.40 PPG. A below-average Player in NHL!

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He made 212 Games in NHL with 0.40 PPG. A below-average Player in NHL!

It was never about his skills really, had he not been 5'8" he'd be in the league still today. But with his frame he was either going to make it as a top scorer or not make it at all.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
My only complaint is he didn't answer which city he/guys thinks are terrible and just want to get in and get out.. although he said Winnipeg is that for the NHL.
I understand him though, he didn't want to offend people or beat on the dead horse... Naturally, the small factory towns aren't very attractive. Nizhnekamsk has a notoriously bad reputation.

In NHL case he just stated the fact Winnipeg finished 1st in the poll. Anything he would have said about the KHL would have been taken as his own unkind opinion. No matter how right he is it would have hurt people living there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad