Value of: Nicolas Hague to NJ

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Hague's upside is Weber, floor is looking more and more likely to be at least Parayko.

I would take bets he becomes better than the latter. His shot repertoire could match any elite defenseman in the league...i.e. Chara, Weber, etc.

As a Vegas fan I would like to disassociate from the Hischier ask, but long story short, Vegas cant move him. They already moved Suzuki, they need to keep the remaining big 3.
Hague floor is Eric Gelinas. His ceiling is probably Parayko

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
As a devil fan I have no interest in Hague. Don’t think he pans out to be much IMO
You could have just said, “I know nothing about this prospect, at all,” in fewer characters.

Don’t think he’s worth the ask? That’s fine. But no rational person can actually watch that combination of size, aggression, skating, puck skills, and intelligence and say “there’s not much there.”

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
You could have just said, “I know nothing about this prospect, at all,” in fewer characters.

Don’t think he’s worth the ask? That’s fine. But no rational person can actually watch that combination of size, aggression, skating, puck skills, and intelligence and say “there’s not much there.”
Actually I have seen him play quite a bit in Mississauga.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Hague floor is Eric Gelinas. His ceiling is probably Parayko

While I see how my post came off implying I think Hague is going to be Weber, which I think there is only a slim chance, you gotta admit Gelinas is a joke comparison and was just hyperbole in defense of my comparison. Dude is out of the league in his 20's.

Parayko is also a mid to low 30 point defenseman. I just saw Colin freakin Miller put up 41 points, and hes on pace for 39 this year, while being a trainwreck defensively.

Hague has a ton of work to do to become a regular NHL defender. With that said, he has a better IQ than Miller, more offensive potential, and I think he will hit 40 points frequently through his prime while being as mean as Weber.

Again, I personally think theres an outside chance of him becoming Weber. I save this kind of praise for a very select few, if you want to look at my posting history. Hague is gonna be a good one, and one Vegas can't move at this time with their pipeline, even for fair value.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad