Value of: Nicolas Hague to NJ

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Just curious as to how Vegas fans value Hague and what it would take to bring him to NJ. Devils need LHD help when Greene leaves after next year. Vegas has Theadore, McNabb and Brannstrom (future) on the Left side. Could there be a deadline deal if Johansson was involved?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Just curious as to what Vegas fans value Hague and what it would take to bring him to NJ. Devils need LHD help when Greene leaves after next year. Vegas has Theadore, McNabb and Brannstrom (future) on the Left side. Could there be a deadline deal if Johansson was involved?

Hague is untouchable.
And they wouldn't move him because they have McNabb. Brannstrom can play RD.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Hischier would be closer to the necessary value than Johansson. No-go.

I guess this will fall on deaf ears, but can people please stop saying that Hischier is even value for your good asset.

Hague is an unproven commodity at this point who has yet to play an NHL game two years after being drafted. He may still have a lot of value to you, but he’s not close to Hischier, who instantly becomes Vegas’s number 1 center, and Vegas is a good team.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Untouchable.

Hague has size and kept improving his offence since the Draft. I was surprised on being available and assumed the AVs would have drafted, but they chose Timmins.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I guess this will fall on deaf ears, but can people please stop saying that Hischier is even value for your good asset.

Hague is an unproven commodity at this point who has yet to play an NHL game two years after being drafted. He may still have a lot of value to you, but he’s not close to Hischier, who instantly becomes Vegas’s number 1 center, and Vegas is a good team.

Okay, then, we'll give you Holden for Hischier. He has NHL experience. :naughty::laugh:

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Players like Hague arent untouchable lmfao, yall are ridiculous .

He's untouchable to a team in its 2nd year of existence with a limited number of prospects, yes. I mean, I'm not going to speak in absolutes, but I would think there would be no incentive to move Hague, especially after trading Suzuki. Trading away Hague because McNabb is on the roster is how this team could hit the skids very quickly.

As for the OP, I'm afraid the only way I would see Hague getting moved would be next year if he's still in the AHL and another prospect passes him on the depth chart (highly unlikely) - and even then, he would likely only be moved for another player of a similar age and development. Trading him for a rental would be a VERY bad idea from a Vegas perspective.

Reactions: 780il

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
What's his ceiling, and what's his basement?
I remember wanting the Canucks to draft him, and being disappointed when they didn't.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019

Seriously I don’t get this. If you don’t want to trade the prospect just say “currently we don’t want to move him” don’t be ridiculous and say HiScHiEr oR nO DeAl!

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Seriously I don’t get this. If you don’t want to trade the prospect just say “currently we don’t want to move him” don’t be ridiculous and say HiScHiEr oR nO DeAl!
Does it matter. It's the same in different words. Just walk away from the discussion.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
He’s a guy I would love to see Detroit send Mike Green to Vegas for.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Players like Hague arent untouchable lmfao, yall are ridiculous .

Wouldnt pay much for him either

While he's not worth Hischer, this statement is ridiculous. Hague is a nice d prospect. I can't imagine the Devils have any pieces to acquire him that would be available.

He’s a guy I would love to see Detroit send Mike Green to Vegas for.

McPhee should be fired if he does that.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The "start with Hischier" stuff really means "your proposal or expression of interest implies disrespect to our fanbase and so I'm going to respond with a disrespectful proposal or evaluation that puts you in your place." NJ fans (who may not have intended any disrespect but for some reason thought that the player or prospect was made available by his team but don't know enough about him and make a less than fair proposal) then respond in kind, rinse and repeat. The better response is that the fanbase sees said player as a future cornerstone and any deal would require an overpayment. Someday a critical mass of folks will realize that all the ranting on HFBoards doesn't change reality. "Winning" anything here doesn't matter and doesn't change anyone's life.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Hague's upside is Weber, floor is looking more and more likely to be at least Parayko.

I would take bets he becomes better than the latter. His shot repertoire could match any elite defenseman in the league...i.e. Chara, Weber, etc.

As a Vegas fan I would like to disassociate from the Hischier ask, but long story short, Vegas cant move him. They already moved Suzuki, they need to keep the remaining big 3.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Hague's upside is Weber, floor is looking more and more likely to be at least Parayko.

I would take bets he becomes better than the latter. His shot repertoire could match any elite defenseman in the league...i.e. Chara, Weber, etc.

As a Vegas fan I would like to disassociate from the Hischier ask, but long story short, Vegas cant move him. They already moved Suzuki, they need to keep the remaining big 3.
As someone who watched him play a lot in Mississauga I have to say you are reaching by quite a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->