Player Discussion Nicolas Deslauriers - Un Gars D'Chez Nous Edition

KKWG11

Nov 25, 2017
Feel bad for the guy... Work your bag off all summer to battle for a roster spot then that happens in first preseason game... Hope for a quick recovery and he comes back stronger than ever... Love the way he plays and hits every night

Reactions: Fixxer

Jul 6, 2016
Feel bad for the guy... Work your bag off all summer to battle for a roster spot then that happens in first preseason game... Hope for a quick recovery and he comes back stronger than ever... Love the way he plays and hits every night

Feel bad for him. Our potential regular roster is even shorter and lighter now.

It's up to McCarron, Chaput and J.Ward to show what they can provide as a #12=#13 forward

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
It's the 'perfect' timing to try McCarron until Deslauriers comes back.
I think it won't be. IMHO both Chaput and Shinkaruk might challenge BigMac if he dosen't get his head out of his butt. McCarron was terrible in the scrimmage. Don't need to replace Dlo by a plug, we need to replace him with a solid hockey player, which McCarron appears to be not.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
sigh... the fighting in the NHL is so unbelievably stupid.

feel bad for the kid, hope he recovers well and avoids further pointless head/face trauma when he returns

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
sigh... the fighting in the NHL is so unbelievably stupid.

feel bad for the kid, hope he recovers well and avoids further pointless head/face trauma when he returns

Yeah, I’m not a fan of DLo but that is crap for him. I hope he recovers without issue and lingering symptoms. As weird as this may sound, I hope it’s just a fracture and he didn’t get concussed on top of that.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Sucks for D-Lo, I'm a fan of the guy, he's one of those rare 4th liners who legitimately bring energy to a hockey team.

In terms of filling the spot, I think we just roll 4 lines that can score:
Drouin-Domi-Armia
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Hudon
Byron-Peca*-Scherbak

*Or one of the rookie if they earn it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
2i8ily.jpg

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Sucks for him, but it'll make it a little bit easier choosing the final roster to start the season now. We might lose someone to waivers though when him and Shaw come back

Jul 6, 2016
Sucks for D-Lo, I'm a fan of the guy, he's one of those rare 4th liners who legitimately bring energy to a hockey team.

In terms of filling the spot, I think we just roll 4 lines that can score:
Drouin-Domi-Armia
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Hudon
Byron-Peca*-Scherbak

*Or one of the rookie if they earn it.

Add DLR and or McCarron

9 players 5'11 and under.... A long season ahead.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Honestly, we have an abundance of depth forwards right now, so him being injured has almost no negative impact on the team for the time being, he might have been healthy scratch on opening night anyway, more ice time for a guy like DLR, and more wiggle room if you want to try out guys like Suzuki for a short stint when regular season starts.

Jul 6, 2016
Deslauriers is a good #13-#14 forward. He is like Carrier in LV.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
It sucks that he has now a metal piece in the face, I hope he won't have to fight again while keeping a way to be physically intimidating.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He can be the 13th forward and alternate with Shaw, till we're hit with a few injuries at least. He's a team guy and probably real happy to be around, he won't make a big fuss about it. DLR and Scherbak on the other hand aren't suited for that role at all.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
My patience is running thin with him. I know he's coming back off an injury and I'll give him some more time, but he looks so slow out there. Does not look like the same player as last year.

Really the 4th line has probably been my biggest disappointment so far this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->