Player Discussion Nicolas Deslauriers - Un Gars D'Chez Nous Edition

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
My patience is running thin with him. I know he's coming back off an injury and I'll give him some more time, but he looks so slow out there. Does not look like the same player as last year.

Really the 4th line has probably been my biggest disappointment so far this season.

Last season, he pretty much over-achieved, like a couple of players always do when traded or claimed from waivers.

Fearless guy, alright skater, but doesn't bring a lot otherwise, besides 'energy/grind', which is nice for a bottom liner, but not quite enough for the 'new' NHL. As a 13/14th forward, got no problem with him, but scratching Hudon for him (when it happened) was a bit weird to begin with, and keeping him in the lineup with Scherbak likely sitting for his 11th game in a row while DLo, who doesn't do a whole lot, is still weird, to say the least...

Last edited:

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
My patience is running thin with him. I know he's coming back off an injury and I'll give him some more time, but he looks so slow out there. Does not look like the same player as last year.

Really the 4th line has probably been my biggest disappointment so far this season.
He looks slow because the team is playing faster. Not really his fault, but he along with Shaw, will soon lose his spot on the team.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Last season, he pretty much over-achieved, like a couple of players always do when traded or claimed from waivers.

Fearless guy, alright skater, but doesn't bring a lot otherwise, besides 'energy/grind', which is nice for a bottom liner, but not quite enough for the 'new' NHL. As a 13/14th forward, got no problem with him, but scratching Hudon for him (when it happened) was a bit weird to begin with, and keeping him in the lineup with Scherbak likely sitting for his 11th game in a row while DLo, who doesn't do a whole lot, is still weird, to say the least...
Another thing we can say is at the end of last season, most of the team didn't care anymore, the playoffs spot was long gone and Deslauriers came in with wings, more determination than anyone else and it made him look better than he actually is.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Deslauriers absolutely deserved his spot (roughly, 4th line RW) after coming back from his injury.
He also deserved something of a Mulligan, due to having a very shortened camp.

But we're at the point where he can, or should, sit if he underperforms, or if the other players in the pressbox deserve to play.

He's underperforming and Scherback didn't even play this season. I don't care much for Sherback, but he really has to play at some point, and it's probably time.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
DLO is getting back in shape like you say.... I'm good with giving him a handful of games before writing him off and bringing in Scherbak who has shown nothing to date, but maybe that changes this year.

Reactions: David Suzuki

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
I'm trying to find some positives about his game but there's simply nothing to look for. Useless player who overachieved big time with a terrible team last year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm trying to find some positives about his game but there's simply nothing to look for. Useless player who overachieved big time with a terrible team last year.

I think it's more that the game has changed even compared to last year and his playing style just isn't effective in the new NHL.

I still prefer him to Shaw because at least he knows how to stick handle and make plays with the puck. But, he's too slow for the new NHL.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He looks slow because the team is playing faster. Not really his fault, but he along with Shaw, will soon lose his spot on the team.

I hope so, and I consider Hudon and Scherbak good candidates to take them. If only Scherbak can learn to be better on the boards and not turn the puck over, he'll be a beauty. I think he'll learn to play fast.

Megaforce

Hudon and Deslauriers have been awful.
Hudon had that breakaway last night and missed the net from 5 feet out. Sheesh.
Deslaurier looks like Steve Begin and that's not a good thing.
While I like the idea of Sherback all I ever saw him do was make passes right on opponents' sticks.
May as well give him a chance tho.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hudon and Deslauriers have been awful.
Hudon had that breakaway last night and missed the net from 5 feet out. Sheesh.
Deslaurier looks like Steve Begin and that's not a good thing.
While I like the idea of Sherback all I ever saw him do was make passes right on opponents' sticks.
May as well give him a chance tho.

And what about that pass where Hudon led a 1 on 4 rush, attracted all for Capitals to him and then passed the puck to Domi, who missed the wide open net? Was that awful by Hudon?

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Deslauriers does not fit the style of play this team is playing. Peca has not looked very good ever since he got put with Deslauriers.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Deslauriers does not fit the style of play this team is playing. Peca has not looked very good ever since he got put with Deslauriers.

Peca might take a little time to get used to the NHL no matter who he's playing with. He had only played 20 something NHL games prior to this season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, this guy can't be on our everyday lineup. Makes no sense.

Hudon will be a fine replacement, when we're fully healthy. I hope Scherbak will eventually be ready to replace Shaw. But that will be a process.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Our 4th looks pretty bad all around but I’ll give DLo a pass until the birdcage comes off

No excuse for Shawzy and I’m still not sold on Pecachu

Watch them all put up pts today

Jul 6, 2016
I loved DLO last season. He was fast, he was hitting hard and he was even scoring.
This season, he does not look in good shape.

DeLo made a huge mistake by fighting this AHL wannabe goon . One fight can ruin a carreer. DeLo was quite effective last season when healthy. Now, he doesn't even deserve to have a regular spot. Too bad for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad