Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Aube-Kubel new contract 2 x 1.075AAV

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
what must one do in order to clear waivers?
For NAK? Get misevaluated by two dinosaurs and then have 30 other GMs mistakenly think there must have been a good reason for it.

Don't be silly, he does more than that. He eats. Endlessly.
At least your JVR slander isn't paired with contradictory Laine praise. ;)

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
For NAK? Get misevaluated by two dinosaurs and then have 30 other GMs mistakenly think there must have been a good reason for it.

At least your JVR slander isn't paired with contradictory Laine praise. ;)

so let me get this straight... The whole professional hockey world passed on NAK? is that what you're saying?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
We’re actually lucky Fletcher (as well as the Hextall regime) devalued NAK to the point the rest of the league just took their word for it.
Or the light-switch finally went on. That's a lot of teams and a lot of scouts who let NAK pass through waivers. Maybe it was a wake-up call.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
then maybe we should waive Hagg.
A lot harder to find cheap depth defensemen than cheap depth forwards. And that value only goes up with the cap being static. Hagg would be claimed by a number of teams.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
A lot harder to find cheap depth defensemen than cheap depth forwards. And that value only goes up with the cap being static. Hagg would be claimed by a number of teams.
He's also played more than 9 NHL games. NAK when he had to go through waivers was a dime a dozen player. Nobody expected him to have such a good season.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Oh look, this again.

Color me shocked that the group who doesn't believe in stats( or doesn't know how to interpret them) is pretending as though noone thought NAK could be a good bottom 6er when quite literally everyone here knew that would be the case.

Staying true to form. Bravo guys.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The avid prospect watchers here swore (for years) by NAK being a solid 4th liner, if given the chance, who shouldn’t have been waived. Their opinion didn’t change when he was waived.

Then there those who LOL’d and said Chris Stewart was a vastly better player who was more intimidating and would score more goals.

“Light switch.” But for who?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Oh look, this again.

Color me shocked that the group who doesn't believe in stats( or doesn't know how to interpret them) is pretending as though noone thought NAK could be a good bottom 6er when quite literally everyone here knew that would be the case.

Yup...no one except all the people who were pissed he was on waivers.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The avid prospect watchers here swore (for years) by NAK being a solid 4th liner, if given the chance, who shouldn’t have been waived. Their opinion didn’t change when he was waived.

Then there those who LOL’d and said Chris Stewart was a vastly better player who was more intimidating and would score more goals.

Really? Like who?

NAK lost out to Twarynski and Bunnaman in training camp.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Oh look, this again.

The best part was when they thought they were taking a victory lap when he cleared waivers

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Let's see how NAK progresses this year, he was sheltered by AV as a rookie, he'll have to take it up another notch with Laczynski, Allison, Sushko and Brink waiting in the wings. And Hayes and JOB are potential shifts from C to RW if Patrick is healthy.

That's the nice thing going forward, no one is going to be given jobs in the bottom six, and to stay in the top six, you'd better produce.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I get where you're coming from. But I also think Pitlick is a pretty effective bottom-six wing who had a good playoffs and I wouldn't completely write off bringing him back on a cheap one-year deal. If the team is that confident in Sandin jumping straight into their lineup, though, then fine. I'll agree that there probably isn't room for both Pitlick and Sandin on the NHL roster.

Put your money where your mouth is and give some actual contract figures you would be willing to give Pitlick.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
One of the dumbest of the Buzzards celebrated NAK getting waived by asking to never hear his name again. :snide:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Im not even an avid prospect watcher but I could tell NAK was NHL ready and a better option than several ahead of him on the depth chart just from limited viewings. It should have been obvious to anyone without an agenda.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->