Nico/Zacha vs. Patrick/Provorov

Ignoring positional needs, which pair of players would you take for the future?

• Nico Hischier & Pavel Zacha

Votes: 85 32.3%
  • Nolan Patrick & Ivan Provorov

Votes: 164 62.4%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 14 5.3%

• Total voters

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
He is, and it's pretty damn clear. Nolan was viewed as the better defensive forward before the draft and nothing has changed.. Nolan faces much more defensive oriented assignments as well

I say this as someone who had Nico going 1st overall when no one else did, he's clearly better than Patrick but the defensive game is advantage Patrick.
Oh my God

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He is, and it's pretty damn clear. Nolan was viewed as the better defensive forward before the draft and nothing has changed.. Nolan faces much more defensive oriented assignments as well

I say this as someone who had Nico going 1st overall when no one else did, he's clearly better than Patrick but the defensive game is advantage Patrick.

Fortunately we had you around so the Devils knew who to pick. No one else could have.

Seriously though... It was a pretty even split on Hischier vs Patrick. I myself was on team Hischier.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011

Excuse me for asking but how does it get more "defensive oriented" than shutting down another teams top line every night? absolutely clueless comment. Nico is consistently matched up against other teams top lines, Nolan usually 3rd or 4th.

Absolutely terrible post/contribution

Reactions: vtdevils2k

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Excuse me for asking but how does it get more "defensive oriented" than shutting down another teams top line every night? absolutely clueless comment. Nico is consistently matched up against other teams top lines, Nolan usually 3rd or 4th.

Absolutely terrible post/contribution
Sorry but no, that would be Zajac.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Nico is the youngest and most promising out of the 4 imo. I've read comparisons to Patrik Elias... I'll be one happy Devils fan if that comes to fruition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad