Confirmed with Link: Nico to be named Devils captain

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
I just can’t wait to see Nico play in an actual system. If Ruff can make Zacha look like a competent player in the offensive zone I can only imagine how Nico will do.

Reactions: Darkauron

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
so in all seriousness, anyone know where we can purchase the C to put on our Nico jerseys? I don't live in NJ anymore and wouldn't take it to the Devils Den anyways

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Oh my. Congrats to Nico. I think it's the start of some great things for him and the whole team.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The problem with having kids that are the same age as some of the players is that at certain moments you aren't just excited to watch or looking forward to the fun of the fan experience. Sometimes it surprises you with an emotional moment. Wow I didn't see that coming.
You're just holding out hope that Nico is just a placeholder until Lovejoy comes out of retirement.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I must admit, i'm a little surprised by this move. Not that I dont recognize Hischier as a bad choice as captain. I just think its a little early for Nico in this role. He still has a lot of growth to do as a hockey player. He needs to take a step up offensively and be more than a 50 point center. That's why i didnt want him to be named captain this season. But maybe its the extra motivation he needs to become even better. Onwards and upwards Nico!

Reactions: MauDevils

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I must admit, i'm a little surprised by this move. Not that I dont recognize Hischier as a bad choice as captain. I just think its a little early for Nico in this role. He still has a lot of growth to do as a hockey player. He needs to take a step up offensively and be more than a 50 point center. That's why i didnt want him to be named captain this season. But maybe its the extra motivation he needs to become even better. Onwards and upwards Nico!

Nico gave an interview in the offseason where he said he didn’t see himself as ready. That said he can grow into the role the way that the other young players grow into theirs. As soon as next year Palms Gusev Zajac Murray and Kulikov may be gone. That’s a lot of vets. If Nico has some experience before the team shifts even younger that’s probably not a bad thing.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
He's the right person, it's just too soon. I guess they figured why bother keeping the spot warm for 2 years without a captain if it was inevitable.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It’s been years since my last jersey purchase... what is the best site to buy from?
If want to go fancy with a fully authentic jersey w/ hand-stitched lettering and whatnot there’s
these two websites. I’ve ordered from both and they do good work.

Hockey Authentic
New Jersey Devils

Cool Hockey
New Jersey Jerseys & Team Shop | CoolHockey.com

The only hiccup I’ve ever had with these guys was I ordered a vintage red CCM with Brodeur and his original 29 number from Cool Hockey. Some genius decided I must have made a mistake with the number and they customized it with 30 instead. They let know about the screw-up before they sent it and I got a refund but it was the last vintage red CCM in that size they had.

That was four years ago and I do like Cool Hockey despite that, they do excellent customization work. I’m still pissed at whoever put 30 on that jersey though.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

On their instagram stories, Bratt, Subban, Bastian and Zacha that I've seen have congratulated him so far too. You can tell the boys believe he's the right one to wear the C.

That’s good stuff. PK may ruffle some feathers but he obviously brings a positive vibe which the team needs more of.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Im ecstatic. I do wonder whether this means the organization intends to let Palms walk/trade at TDL though.

Trade deadline is expected to be deader than usual cause of border issues + quarantines. I think they will have no intention to move him but if the offer is big enough they'll do it (like what happened with Coleman). This offseason they'll let him go UFA and stick to their number/term in negotiations (I'd guess they have a hard limit at 4 years). If he moves on so be it. Everything we've seen so far Fitz as a Shero disciple does not intend to sign 30 year olds long term.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Im ecstatic. I do wonder whether this means the organization intends to let Palms walk/trade at TDL though.

I truly don't think the two go hand in hand.

Not to turn the thread off topic, but I'd be surprised if Palms ends up elsewhere. Fitz thinks highly of him as he expressed last year after the trade deadline, and he likely has less incentive than ever to hit the free agent market given the uncertainty of everything.

If both parties are on the same page, they should be able to come to a pretty reasonable agreement I wold imagine.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

How I feel too. I think this is going to add unneeded pressure, but maybe he thrives from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->